Service Operations Management, Terminology And Concepts Used In The Various Quality Processes In Use In This Sector
- Course Code: BMP6002
- Course Title: Service Operations Management, Terminology And Concepts Used In The Various Quality Processes In Use In This Sector
- University: Coventry University
- Country: UK
Aim of This Assignment
This assignment should demonstrate your analysis and understanding of the range and scope of quality theories applied in your Sector. The focus will be on evaluating the ways in which the sector is altering and developing to meet current demands from customers/guests/ patients/residents/clients.
Using an organisation that you are familiar with, produce an analysis of the quality processes in use for a newly appointed Chief Executive.
This report should include at least the following:
1. Definition and explanation of the terminology and concepts used in the various quality processes in use in this sector.
2. Description of the characteristics of the various areas of this sector.
3. An analysis of the strengths and differences between the quality theories & models used in different areas of this sector.
4. Recommendations on how the organisation used should proceed in developing their quality processes to meet the evolving trends and issues in the sector.
It is expected that you will use a wide range of relevant theories and research to support the points, arguments and recommendations you make in this assignment.
a) The word limit for this assignment is 3000 words.
b) Students are expected to keep within the word limit. Appendices can only be used to support the main body of the report. Any new information included in the appendices will not be marked.
c) Your assignment should be written as a report, using an appropriate writing style and vocabulary.
d) Assignments should be correctly referenced using the Harvard system of referencing. Incorrect or insufficient referencing will be penalised.
Assignments must be submitted via ‘Turnitin’. Individual feedback will be automatically generated by Turnitin once the marking and quality assurance process has been completed.
This assignment requires you to demonstrate your ability and understanding of the demands and issues involved when working in your sector and meeting of customers/guests/ patients/residents/clients requirements.
The analysis in the report must be supported by academic theories and concepts and the paper must comply with the Harvard referencing guidelines. The report should provide clear evidence of understanding of the issues under consideration. There is no correct number of academic references to be utilised as the student must draw as many references as required to provide a high-quality answer. However, a range of academic sources are expected, and a majority of these should be current, internationally peer-reviewed articles/journals or accredited textbook references. Sources such as Wikipedia and the like are not accepted. Sources available only online should be avoided.