Steve Jobs is a great leader who has a meticulous eye for the detail. He prefers to get surrounded by the people who are like-minded and follow his lead. Leadership is an action to lead a group of people. Leadership means different meaning to different people and also different things in different situations. A leader is one who can adopt any style of leadership which the situation persists it to be so that it can work on to lead the team in order to achieve the targets and goals. Apple is a big and successful company whose leader is an example. Steve Jobs has taken the company to new heights through its leadership style.
- Who is a leader and what is leadership?
- What is the leadership style of Steve Jobs?
- What characteristic makes Steve Jobs a great leader in the modern world?
Leadership is the process of the social influence which is focused to maximise the efforts of the other people toward the achievement of the goal. It is the action which involves leading the group of people or the company. A leader is someone who sees how things can be improved and who rallies people in order to move towards better vision. A leader works to make their vision a reality by putting its people first. Motivating people is not enough rather a leader is required to be empathetic and someone who can connect with the people to be a successful leader.
it is important for a leader to adopt the leadership style which suits its job, goals and people. A right leadership style helps in achieving the goals in an effective manner. A wise leader is someone who knows how to flex from one leadership style to another, as per the demand of the situation. There are many leadership styles which have its pros and cons and help and support the leader to lead its team in an effective manner.
Leadership style are on the continuum, which ranges from autocratic to laissez faire, with variety of styles in the between. There is no such method to manage the team but there are many tricks, tips and practices which add to the leadership style. There are unexpected problems which comes in between and the role of leader is to tackle them willingly.
Apple is a successful industry which defines the feat of the entrepreneurship which is spread headed by one man and his leadership style which compels. That leader is Steve Job. He is one of the greatest leader of the modern world. The leadership style adopted by Steve Jobs is Autocratic. It is that style where one person controls the decision making and takes very little inputs from the group members. The decisions taken by autocratic leaders are based on their beliefs and they do not take suggestions from others.
Related Service: Dissertation Writing Help
- Reluctant to delegate- Steve Jobs is reluctant to delegate. He wants to remain at the forefront of every venture. Delegation is no option for Jobs. As delegating jobs to others is very important in a large scale company but Steve Jobs does not prefer such thing and this makes him a roaring leader.
- Creativity is about connecting things- According to Steve Jobs, creativity is not just about doing something rather creative people just not do something but they see something and it seems obvious for them after a while.
- Correct balance between empowering staff and leading by the example- Steve Jobs is a master at both empowering and inspiring the staff and leading by the example. He have become a role model for the workforce , Jobs have enabled the mission statement in the minds of the workforce so that they can work to achieve it. His passion is something which inspires the employees to work f=hard to achieve the organisational goals.
- Innovation is sometimes about subtraction- when Steve jobs joined Apple as CEO, the company was producing more than 350 products and he cut down that umber to 10. he opined that sometimes products are too expensive to define the production of Apple. This helped the members to become master of only 10 products which enabled them to focus on their efforts. This helped to excel the quality of Apple.
All these characteristics shows that Steve Jobs was a great leader which adopting autocratic style. He was reluctant to delegate its power of decision making. H is passion inspires people to work hard towards the goals of the company. He is a my way or highway approach to the leadership. He believed that he is only solely responsible for all the direction and decision of the team. So this leadership style defines the success of the company and contribution of Steve Jobs and its team in the growth and success of Apple.