For each and every organisation, it is required to implement HR practices that can assist in managing business operations appropriately. The purpose of this report is to analyze roles and responsibilities of human resources management within an organisation by taking help of required sources.
• Analyze scope as well as purpose of HRM in enrich an organisation by skilled and talented workforce.
• Determine appropriateness of Human resource management’s strategic elements.
• Critically analyze influence of inside and outside forces upon an organisation, its decision making and business legislations.
• Provide a clear understanding upon HRM practices within an organisation.
Human resource is seen as most indispensable aspect for company success and development because all the business activities are handled by them only. Thus, management of workers needs to be effective for corporate world to attain their organizational goals in a defined time frame. Along with this, they are liable for establishing company image at marketplace by creating a healthy connection with domestic as well as foreign clients (Bratton and Gold, 2012). Rolls Royce is a most leading enterprise which is engaged in designing airline engines and providing services to numerous of defence associations. Therefore, assignment is going to highlight major purpose and functions of personnel department while making company plans. In fact, various types of recruitment and selection methods are also discussed in this project for hiring best candidates for selected firm. Furthermore, number of HRM practices are also identified in this assignment and their impact on decision making process. Later on, showing some necessary employee legislation which is introduced by legitimate bodies for employees’ development are framing in this project.
P1 Purpose and functions of HRM in planning and resourcing of an organization
Rolls-Royce plc is a British leading public limited organization which was established in around 1904 for manufacturing and distributing power system to airline industry as well as several other industries. In fact, it has been observed that Rolls-Royce is consider as world's second largest designer of aircraft engines by having its maximum businesses in marine propulsion and energy industry. Thus, company is very conscious towards their goodwill due to the involvement in numerous of business activities. Hence, it is essential for enterprise to make proper and impressive strategy with the consult of HR department as well as responsible for improving knowledge of staff members (Chelladurai and Kerwin, 2017). Along with this, personnel team of company is focussing on various functions and liable for completing distinct job roles in order to attain set objectives or goals in a given time frame. Some of the main purpose of HR team is discussed as follows:-
- Proper use of resources: - Initial objective is to handle or manage all the resources in suitable manner so that they cannot misuse. For example; usage of employees needs to be done in more effective way without exploiting them as well as ensure that they can't enforced for doing any work.
- Develop resources: - Focussing on polishing staff members in order to encourage them to perform complex work. It means, HR team must learn the technique of promoting employees retention by using appropriate strategies.
- Promote organizational culture: - It means, personnel team is liable for improving the environment of an enterprise because Rolls-Royce is a multinational enterprise as they are engaged in number of distinct business activities. For example; requisite to conduct several numerous of programmes or events to make the employees happy and offer some attractive packages.
- Benefits management: - According to this element HR department of selected firm is involving in providing equal opportunities of gaining benefits to each or every staff without doing any discrimination (Daley, 201). It means chances of acquiring remuneration or development is offered by an enterprise to thei After understanding the main purpose of HRM its time to analyse their major functions that is performed by manager at the time of planning process. Few of them are described as further:-
- Recruitment and selection:- Rolls-Royce is a large organisation by having its outlets in numerous of nations due to which personnel team of an enterprise is considering number of factors while hiring employees. In fact, they need to appoint skilled or talented staff for fulfilling the vacant position of an association.
- Orientation: - As per this element newly hired employees must go through this process in order to get aware about the new environment so that they can perform their job role in healthy mind. Thus, this process is also accomplished by HR team for acquiring trust of employees.
- Needs to maintain positive working environment: - Every individuals wanted to work in safe surrounding for reducing stress and tension from workplace. As a result, company get succeeded in promoting employees retention for controlling additional charge of hiring (Fee, 2014).
P2 Strength and weakness of various approaches of recruitment and selection
In order to select different employees there are range of options which are available with management of refereed enterprise and according to the nature and demand of job the best option can be selected. Each method has their own advantages and disadvantages and therefore the selection panel of the firm has to be careful for making the decision of choosing a particular method of fulfilling the vacancy in business. However, Rolls-Royce is having positive goodwill at marketplace due to which they need to consider necessary facts or figures for hiring skilled or talented employees. Three methods are identified which might used by selected firm for appointing best candidate at workplace. Thus, suitable tools of recruiting employees are further explained with their advantages and disadvantages:-
- Internal approach:- As per this element company is hiring their employees within an enterprise without taking help from outside worlds. For example; promotion of existing staff or transferring of any other individual are consider as internal method of selecting employees (Guest, 2011). Basically, this method is highly appropriate due to number of advantageous as it accomplished within the company without involving any external factors. Hence, some of the major advantages and disadvantages of internal method are discussed as follows:-
- External approach:- It means company is going to hire employees from outside world with the use of modern technologies such as; advertisement in newspapers, magazines, TV and so on (Harzing and Pinnington, 2010). Basically, with the usage of this tool managers of HR team needs to focussed on each or every aspect for regulating possibilities of mistakes. Along with this, company is following beneficial sources for hiring best candidate to fill the vacant position of an enterprise. Some of the major strength and weakness are further explained:-
- Third party approach: - It means company needs to acquire help from any consultant team for selecting best or eligible candidate for some particular position. For example; Rolls-Royce is requiring marketing manager for their sales department. Thus, they are consulting any consultant firm or experience person for selecting best suitable person for managing promotional activities (Hendry, 2012). Major benefits and drawback of this strategy is described as follows:-
Related sample:- Business Strategy for Sony Corporation
P3 Benefits of different HRM practices for employer and employees
British multinational corporation is engaging in number of business activities due to which HR department of an organization needs to make necessary changes at workplace for developing staff members. In fact, they need to conduct several beneficial programmes or sessions for offering best success opportunities to each or every individuals working at workplace. However, personnel team is engaged in designing best practices and handling in effective manner in order to facilitate other members with maximum advantages (Huselid and Becker, 2011). Thus, some of the major HRM practices which is beneficial for employees and employer both are discussed as underneath:-