- Knowledge outcome- Develop your understanding of operations, logistics and SCM in company and how they contribute in organisational success.
- Transferable Skill outcome- You should consider complex scenario related to operation, logistics and SCM and implement quantities and qualitative methods to provide its solutions.
Choose an organisation which is either automotive company or a hospital based on UK. Produce an essay elaborating important operations, logistics and supply chain management issues faced by operations and supply chain manager in particular organisation.
By focusing on the operational and supply chain problems, you should identify how the operations functions and support the market that it serves. What service delivery system? Manufacturing process it uses? What infrastructure does it use to manage the delivery system? And how jointly these factors support the market that organisation serves? A critical and detailed analysis should be made of different components.
On the basis of your analysis, provide recommendations about how the business can improve performance. Consider triple bottom line- Describes as the incorporation of economic, social and environmental factors as dimensions of sustainability in business practice in analysis.
Choose two of the following areas:
- New product/ service development and processing
- Managing quality
- Location and Layout
- Managing people in the operation and supply chains
- Managing business relationship in supply chain.
- JIT, lean and Agility
- Select businesses
- Two selected areas of operations and supply chain management
- Apply theories and techniques
- Potential area of improvement.