Unit learning Outcomes
LO1 Define the purpose and scope of the Human Resource Management in respect to resourcing an organisation with suitable talent and skills in order to fulfil business functions.
LO2 Explain the effectiveness of the prime elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation.
LO3 Examine internal and external factors that make impact on Human Resource Management with employment legislation.
Brief and Guidance
As a newly appointed Human Resource Manager for the chosen organisation. You have been tasked that leads to restructuring of the departments as a part of organisation change. Review the effectiveness of the HR role in the organisation, research the role and scope of HR with reviewing and assessing the prime HR function within the organisation. Submit it as a case study report.
The report should cover the following:
- Overview of organisation.
- Evaluation on the purpose of HR function with its key roles and responsibilities.
- An evaluation of the approach in workforce planning, recruitment and selection, development and training, performance management and reward systems.
- The approach with the effectiveness of employee relations and employee engagement, and adoption of flexible organisation, flexible working practice and ‘employer of choice’
- Important areas of employment legislation in which the organisation must work.
Unit learning Outcome
LO4 Application of human resource management practices in the context of work.
Brief and Guidance
As an intern of an HR department of chosen organisation you have been asked to take part in testing recruitment and selection process. Work in a small team (3–4 members) to design a job specification for a job role and then you will take part in an interview simulation for a job role advertised by different team.
The objective of your team is to analyse the recruitment and selection process and complete an individual document portfolio. The document portfolio should include:
- Design a job specification for one of the given positions in organisation.
- CV for each student, tailored to apply for one of the positions advertised by another team.
- Documentation of the notes for interviews, interviews notes which is based on selection criteria and justified decision for the selected candidate.
- A job offers to selected candidate.
- An explanation of the process and guidelines for conducting appropriate HR practices.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
|LO1 Evaluate the purpose Human Resource Management in respect of resourcing an organisation with talent and skills to fulfil business goals.||D1 Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches in recruitment and selection, supported by appropriate examples.|
|P1 Examine purpose and the functions of HRM, applicable to workforce planning and resourcing an organisation. P2 Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches in recruitment and selection.||M1 Evaluate how the functions of HRM can generate talent and skills appropriate to fulfil business aim. M2 Explain the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches in recruitment and selection.||D2 Critically explore HRM practices and application in an organisational context, using specific examples.|
|LO2 Evaluate the impact of the prime elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation.|
|P3 Evaluate the advantages of different HRM practices in an organisation for both the employer and employee. P4 Explain the impact of different HRM practices in terms of generating organisational success.||M3 Examine the different methods used in HRM practices, providing examples to support raising organisational success.|
|LO3 Explore internal and external factors that influence human resource management in decision making with employment legislation.|
|P5 Analyse the importance of employee relations in terms of influencing HRM decision-making. P6 Identify the important elements of employment legislation and the impact it has upon HRM decision-making.||M4 Examine the prime aspects of employee relations management and employment legislation that influences HRM decision-making in organisation.|
|LO4 Implement Human Resource Management practices in the context of work.||LO3 & 4 D3 Critically evaluate employee relations and the implementation of HRM practices that inform about the impact of decision-making in organisation.|
|P7 Illustrate the implementation of HRM practices in a work-related context, by using examples.||M5 Provide a rationale for the application of specific HRM practices in context of work.|