Being a human resource manager for TK-MAXX, there is a requirement to carry out research with the use of materials such as Books, Journals and websites and reporting crucial findings.
- Explanation of purpose and functions performed under HRM applicable to workforce planning and resourcing in TK-MAXX.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of key elements of Human Resource Management in TK-MAXX.
- Conducting an analysis of internal and external factors that affect human resource management decision making.
- Application of Human Resource Management practices in a work related context.
Workers are main assets for every company as they contribute in attaining company goals and objectives. In this manager play crucial role in managing employees responsibilities at workplace. In addition of this, human resource management refer to the managing workforce for attaining predetermined goals and objectives. In this context, there are main areas here manager perform their duties like staffing, compensation, training and development and many more (Human Resource Management, 2018). In addition of this, the primary aim of HRM is to enhance the productivity level by utilising available resources at workplace. For attaining success, manager have to focus on developing, retaining and aligning workers at workplace through which company attaining entire task in most effectual manner. This will contribute in establishing positive brand image at market place. Present report is based on TK-MAXX, is a subsidiary of the American apparel and house good firm. This report will discussed the purpose and function of HRM as it helps in attaining positive outcomes. Strength and weakness of various methods of recruitment and selection. Along with this, employment relation elements and its importance is also also mentioned in this report. At the last, application of HRM practice will discussed here to improve performance of the company.
P1 Purpose and the functions of HRM
HRM is an crucial activity through which manager recruit and manage entire activities of the business and workforce as well. In this manager hire and select right person on the right job as it helps in improving the performance level at workplace. Mainly, the major purpose of HR manager is to fill the vacant place by recruiting skilled and capable workers so that they effectively perform their duties for attaining set goals and objectives. As human resource department also play vital role in managing workers activities in systematic manner. In this they recruit, select, develop, training all the employees to enhance their skills and knowledge towards company goals and target. With the help of this company easily attain predetermined result. One of the main aim and purpose of HRM is to enhance workers productivity level so that they easily adopt any kind of situation and also find better solution to accomplish company target (Arrowsmith and Parker, 2013). In context of TK-MAXX, it is also vital for company director to include capable workforce as they can easily achieve competitive edge and growth level as well.
Purpose of Human Resource Management
As per current scenario, an effective and successful HRM develop a strong relation between line manager and workforce. In this the main aim of HRM is to enhance productivity and profitability level of the company by selecting, recruiting and staffing talented people within the company (Baluch, Salge and Piening, 2013). Along with this, HR management also create policies and procedures which shape a company. It contribute in accomplishing positive brand image of the company at market place. As there are some main purpose of HRM in TK-MAXX may contribute in getting set goals and objectives.
- Management of people: Mainly, HRM is refer to managing workers in systematic manner for establishing better coordination among all the employees. This will leads in enhancing the profitability and productivity level as well. As TK-MAXX having positive image in market place so that they have to manage their people at workplace effectively so that they can attain better results in appropriate manner.
- Employee relation: HR management is responsible for building good relation with employer and employee so that both are easily improve overall performance level and also maintain better coordination among them. This will reduce the chances of arising any issues and obstacle at workplace.
- Laws: Under this, for establishing positive work environment at workplace, it is important for HR management is responsible for following legal structure as it includes union, employment legislation, labour relations and many more. All these are directly affect the decision making process of the company. Along with this, TK-MAXX, is also consider entire laws at the time of recruiting selecting and managing people at workplace. With the help of this they easily maintain better work environment within organization.
Functions of HRM
Human resource management is totally based on increasing workers performance by developing their skills and knowledge at workplace. In this HRM is concerned with workers management through recruitment to retirement (Caligiuri, 2014). In this context, there are some main function of HRM which contribute in developing positive performance of the company are as follows:
- Recruitment and selection: One of the main purpose of HRM is to recruit and select capable candidate for fill vacant place within the organization. This will contribute in reducing the cost of unnecessary mistakes (Collins, Zhu and Warner, 2012). By recruiting talented workers TK-MAXX easily attain set target in appropriate time frame.
- Orientation: For enhancing productivity level of new workers, it is important for manager to orient new workers as they easily understand about company goals and objectives. By this this they put best efforts to attain long term and short term goals in appropriate time frame.
- Managing employee relations: Worker are main pillar of each and every company as it is important for manager to make good relation with them. In this, management of company have to organize activities to understand employees needs at workplace which may helps in maintaining balance between employee and employer relation.
- Controlling: For having an effective growth it is essential that they have a proper control over resources this will enable them in manufacturing excellent products with limited sources. This will help company in taking right actions as needed according to the current market situations.
You may also like: Strategic Human Resource Management of Woolworths
P2 Strength and weaknesses of different approaches to recruitment and selection
Recruitment is important process through which manager attract, select and short-listing the right person for right place to fill vacant place at workplace. With the help of this company includes skilled and talented workforce so that they effectively execute their activities for attaining competitive advantage at market place. In this context, there are two type of approaches which used by TK-MAXX to hire capable candidates:
Internal approach of recruitment: This approach used by company when internal workers are getting chance to attain higher position at workplace which known as internal approach of recruitment. Under this, manager should analyse workers abilities and skills of workers to take right decision of recruitment (Conesa-Zamora, and et. al., 2011).