Explanation in relation with various practices used within businesses in order to deal with human resource is being associated.
- Explanation of scope and purpose of human resource management in context with skills and target set so as to achieve overall business objectives.
- Evaluation of efficacy of major elements within HRM in Tesco.
- Analysis of internal and external factors which are having high implications on decision making of TESCO.
- Application of practices of HRM in Tesco.
Human resource management is one of the important tool in running overall operations of business. Further, HR manager has to perform different type of function in their organisation so that productivity obtained from business is optimum and efficient. Apart from it, employees performing well only when policies and procedures suits to their current needs and requirement therefore, it is important for HR manager to formulate all the policies and tactics after considering the nature and behaviour of employees that bring positivity in business. Under this assignment the company which is preferred I.e. TESCO which is UK based retail organisation dealing in grocery and clothing (Avey and et. al. ,2011). This company comprises of various employees and enjoy huge amount of market share and profitability both at global level. Further, this project discuss about purpose and function of HRM, strength weaknesses of recruitment selection, benefits of HRM practices, key elements for employment legislation and HRM related work practices.
P1 Different purpose and Functions of HRM
Their are different functions that has been performed by TESCO in which HR manager require to formulate various strategies on the basis overall operations of business has been establish that leads to the accomplishment of objectives on specified time period (Berger and Berger ,2011). Various plans are made by HR manager of company that help in identifying all the needs and demand of clients at their workplace. This is essential in order to accomplish the goals of company.
The purpose or object that are associated with Human resource management are described below:-
- Maintaining employee relation:- The main purpose of HRM is to maintain the relation of employees but it is not easy for organisation to complete all the task without the cooperation of employees therefore it is essential for HR manager to maintain the relation between superior and subordinate that help in solving all the conflicts among employees.
- Effective utilisation of resources:- It is utmost duty of HR manager to ensure that their must be effective utilisation of employees so that goods are deliver to customers at specified time period whenever needed without any scarcity. Further, it must ensure none of the resources has been wasted and available on time to all the end users.
- Legal laws:- Under this point it must be utmost duty of HR manager to ensure that their must be proper adherence of legal laws and regulations so that overall operation of business at different places are conducted at appropriate manner. Therefore, TESCO employee must ensure that their must be proper compliances of all laws which help in remove all the barrier arises due to various legal issues.
- Corporate culture:- Company must ensure that proper corporate culture must be established so that employees can work with proper and ethical manner. Therefore, it is essential for management to maintain such environment which give positivity and helpful in performing daily targets of company.
Apart from various functions has been performed by HR division of TESCO are stated below:-
- Planning:- It is consider as foremost function of management in which whole team of management make advance planning regarding all the activities they are going to perform in future. Further, on the basis of mission and vision HR manager require to formulate various policies and procedures in advance that lead to accomplishment of objectives in better and effective manner.
- Staffing:- In Tesco, management main duty is to fill the vacant job position on stated time period by employing more staff which are efficient and eligible for that job profile. Further, HR manager formulate different policies for recruitment so empty position can be filled at the time when needed by organisation.
- Employment development:- The main function of management is to develop the employee skills by organising training development programmes for their workforce in which they guide them about all the latest techniques they were using in their working structure that give more output to business in future and also enhance the growth of individuals.
- Controlling:- The main function of manager is to evaluate that overall performance of whole organisation and compare the actual performance with standard performance and if there is any deviation then try to remove it so that better control and effectiveness can be obtained for business (Camps and et. al. ,2016).
Take help from these samples
Impact of International Companies on Tourism Sector
Case Study on Unilever and IKEA
International Business Marketing of Croud Inc.
Leadership Approaches of Hilton Hotel
Research project on Development of Technology
P2. Strengths and weaknesses of approaches of recruitment and selection
Different process has been used by HR manager in order to recruit and select the individual for vacant job position which is commonly known as recruitment process. Further it is consider as essential process in which from the available alternatives best individual has been chosen that give better outcomes to company. Their are different modes of recruitment I.e. internal and external source and organisation has to choose one method that suits their needs and requirement. TESCO is large organisation so they need to use the sources according to their suitability which stated below:-
- Internal source of recruitment:- Under this source of recruitment employee has been selected internally without getting the interferences of external source. Further, it is way through which employee can easily fill all the vacant job position from internal organisation only. The main benefit that organisation has that they easily select the individual on the basis of their skill and capability of internal employees which they already known.
Advantages of internal source of recruitment:-
- This is much efficient way through which organisation can select the employees internally on the basis of their skills and capabilities which are eligible for that vacant job profile.
- It is best method through which morale of employees can easily be boost up because of high promotion and they are dedicated towards their work that leads to better results and productivity in future.
Disadvantage of internal source of recruitment:-
- There is limited choice of selection on the basis of which manager has to select the employee for vacant job position.
- The individual which were not selected are disappointed and it affect their actual performance also (Chen and et. al. ,2010).