The purpose of this report is to evaluate the management practices of human resource department in a specific organisation. These kinds of practices will assist in managing positive changes in an organisation:
- Describe the scope and purpose of human resource management in talent management practices of M&S.
- Identify the effectiveness of key elements of HRM within Marks and Spencer.
- Determine the influence of external and internal environmental forces over the HRM decision making and consider employment legislations in Marks and Spencer.
- Discuss crucial HRM practices in a work-related context.
Human Resource Department is among a crucial and required task of the organization function. It focuses on maximizing the attraction of employees and ensure the healthy and wealthy working environment. Management has various functions such as controlling, planning, organizing, staffing. It makes all work manageable and productive. Overall, present study will be based on HRM practices. For that, Mark & Spencer company will be taken into action. It will cover the purpose and scope of HRM. Besides, HRM practices that helps to take better decision-making approach for employees and company betterment. Likewise, assignment will also look and explains about the different approaches of recruitment and selection will also take into action. It will explain the efficiency of various HRM strategies with a purpose of rising organizational profits and productivity. Overall, the study covers all necessary aspects of the M&S human resource department.
P1 Explaining the purpose and functions of HRM, applications to planning and resourcing.
Human resource management is the useful source or function for the organization that perform different activities and planning. This function enables to enhance company production and profitability ratio that helps to innovate the overall functions and activities. There are main two functions of HRM that is managerial function and operating functions (Aslam, Rizvi and Hameed, 2015). Managerial function performs to manage the work in company by best approaching tools and techniques. This also makes the new opportunity and create new method or process. Besides, operational functional carry and ensure about the day to day activity. It is the most energetic function which must be effective in terms of managing. Human Resource Manager should carry all those things and managing growth for the company betterment. There are some more functions and their purposes of HRM that gives new energetic growth for the new development process.
- Recruitment and selection: it is the process of searching for new employees and growth in order to enhance the productive growth making task. Moreover, it brings new changes and better opportunity and goals (Baker, 2016). Recruitment and selection process assist new candidates and employees for right job for right person.
- Job Analysis: It is the another function of Human resource in which they study the job and ascertain the nature and level of human resource needed to execute the work in systematic manner.
- Procurement Function: it is the another function that hiring the right number of people who will be responsible to accomplish the organized objectives. This includes, job analysis, recruitment, selection, human resource planning.
- Development function: Development function is the procedure to improve the knowledge, skills, attitudes and employee’s value. It helps to manage the present or future job in systematic manner (Bednall, Sanders and Runhaar, 2014).
- Training: HRM holding the function to give training to new employees in organization. It is the process when new candidates get to know about new thoughts and better working environment. It helps to enhance the skill, knowledge, attitudes for personnel development process.
- Job evaluation: It is the process that helps to evaluate the effective process that makes very much productive.
- Maintenance Function: It is concerned with the protection and promotion of employee’s physical and mental well-being. That makes the better services and growth that protects the better environment growth.
On the basis of given functions and purpose of the organization. All over the function of the HRM specify the effective results and better effective results. Overall, that makes the proper arrangement and most productive nature and growth (Branicki, Steyer and Sullivan-Taylor, 2016). The responsibility of human resource management is very much area and effective growth. Overall, to manage work is most essential and productive that helps to enhance the productivity and matter of fact.
P2 Explain the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to recruitment and selection
Human Resource is the overall approaching and better effective process. It helps to recruitment and selection. Some new approaches are most important and find right candidate for the organization. Moreover, recruitment and selection is the necessary process that helps to recruit new employees for the productive management. There are different approaches that helps to assist better recruitment and selection in order to meet the needs of organization. It gives new approachable task (Brewster, 2017). According to matter of fact it has been seen that, according to matter of fact. On the other side, it has been seen that apart from that.
Recruitment: Recruitment is the effective process in which goal of the company for taking new employees and growth level. Apart from that, it is accomplished to get over the work into effective manner. There are some approaches and strategies that helps to recruit or select the new candidate.
Strength: Recruitment is the positive activity that affect the business organisation and helps to take the better employee performance target goals.
- It helps to collect better employee staff
- Increased engagement that helps to enhance the customer satisfaction.
- Sometimes recruit non required staff which is not significant for the company.
Job description: In job description is most important part to new employees in organization. Job description is the process for explaining the roles and responsibilities of the business into correct manner (Dunford and et.al., 2017). Apart from that, it gives new services and growth. A systematic hiring policy is the beginning with complete knowledge of job in organization. This helps to promote the effective growth and according to effective manner of growth. Along with that, overall process is set in job description and taken a good effective manner.
- It helps to identify the roles and responsibilities of the specific position.
- It also assists to identify the actual needs and wants of the company for the required position.
- Based on the old structure.
Skills inventory: To find ideal candidate for specific job in organization. In this process new skills and inventory process has been made accordingly. It is very necessary for the new candidate to adopt new technical skills. Through which they contribute their best effective part in the development of organization. This makes company environment more positive and productive in nature.
- It is more likely to have the enlightening and most challenging and effective nature of work.
- It helps to take the work habits and make work more integrity.
- Time consuming activity.
- Less effective manner.
Job posting strategy: it is the kind of advertisement process that created by employer and human resource department in order to attract the new candidates towards the productive growth and nature. It also needs to focus to improve market share and make some productive changes according to needs and wants (Ogunyomi and Bruning, 2016). Overall process requires to maintained the effective process task making performance. This makes the proper implementation process. Job posting helps to attract the new joiners on the basis of some specific skill set.
- It helps to select more productive and effective nature of growth.
- More likely to have the most enlightening process to make more productive strategies
- it takes huge time
- Cost effective process
Also Visit: Two Different Areas Of HRM - Marks & Spencer