This unit state that you have been hired as HR consultant in Megastore and develop ability to contribute toward strategic business decision making process
- 1.Define current trends that can affect human resources
- 2 Examine how both external and internal factors influence HR strategy and practice in the context of ALDI
- 3 Discussion about relevant theories & concepts relating to growth & development of strategic human resource management
- 4 Define change management models to support HR strategy
- 5 Identify taken to monitor and measure HR policies
- 6 Discussion of HR management in achieving business objectives
Strategic human resource management is the management of all resources thigh creating of various strategies (Analoui, 2017). Thus as a result they can easily enhance the services very efficient and effectively. This also helps the firm in creating unique products and then it delivers it to all customers in a unique and efficient manner. Thus as a result it leads to increasing in customer satisfaction. Hence firm can maintain good and strong place in the market as well as in minds of all users. Thus strategic human resource management can create different policies and plans so that they can create unique position in the market. Thus as a result they can easily sell various products in the market.
Assignment describers discuses about the Aldi firm which is a retail company. It was found in U.K. Report describes about the external developments which can influence the HR strategy. It further explains about the contemporary development and particular knowledge of HR department. It also explains about the methods through which change management models can easily support the HR strategy. It also explain about the contribution of HR department and management so that performance can be improved and sustained. Through this performance of HR department can easily be improved. Hence as a result they can easily maintain good and strong position in the market as well as in minds of all users. Thus they can create different image in the market. Hence it can also satisfy customers a lot.
TASK 1 Key current trends that can affect human resources
Human resource department is one of the most important department which helps to perform business objectives in effective way. As they have to contact with workers and this helps to make achieve profits. There are possibilities that due to change in plans and policies workers are not ready to work, in this case HR manager has to apply strategies through which they get motivated and give their best. In older days, role of HR is not so significant but with the passage of time, role of HR manager is increasing (BanfieldKay and Royles, 2018 ). This helps to perform business operations in smooth and effective way. Some of the recent trends formed by ALDI are as under-
Training and development:
These days training is one factors which is mandatory for company to perform business operations in effective and efficient way. There are possibilities that due to alteration in actions company has to plan training program, so workers are able to perform business operations a per market. After training, there are less chances of defectives and product are competent to market. In ALDI training is most important component which helps association to satisfy demand of customers. Managers of ALDI use sources of training which are effective and fruitful for all workers.
Performance appraisal is recent these days. This is the source which helps employees to give best. There are many employees in ALDI to motivate them, managers analyse the performance and then promote them. Hence this gives them feel to give best, so they get promoted (Beer,Boselie and Brewster,2015 ). As per demand of employees such as financial or non financial benefits has to be considered. ALDI perform appraisal every half yearly. This helps to reduce labour turnover and absenteeism in association. Performance appraisal is not only beneficial for Employees but it also promotes brand name of ALDI in industry.
ALDI is the company which has global reach in industry. It is essential that company has to make policies through which they can select candidates from various parts of company. There is need of variety of candidates which help them to perform business objectives in effective and efficient way. There are possibilities that due tom change in post manager has to select candidate as per requirement. They can select candidate from distant boundaries also. In ALDI, as there is difference in culture of various places, so they have to select candidate from various sources. This helps them to make their organisation globally reachable.
Sustainable development Policies:
Sustainable development means development of all over organisation. AS HR deals with workers working in society, so they have to perform business policies in effective and efficient way. While taking use of policies which are effective for growth of ALDI, HR manager has to analyse sources through which they can apply changes properly. Sustainable development of organisation possible with joint efforts of employees and employer (Bratton and Gold, 2017) . As manager has to motivate workers to attain best policies which is efficient for achieving targets.
Benefits and compensation:
There is requirement of some benefits to motivate workers. This is not old in market but these days there is requirement of factors which are affecting business in efficient and effective way. While talking about good quality product and services manager has to select source which are competent for company. There is difference in demand of employees,. So after analysing their demand manger has to select source through which they be part of company for longer time. Benefits and compensation are important for achieving targets in efficient way.
P2 Analyse how both external and internal factors influence HR strategy and practice in the context of ALDI
External and internal factors are those which is affecting entire working of business. Thus, in this situation it is the duty of HR manager of ALDI to identify modifications take place in these factors which affect growth and productivity of business. So appropriate measures must be taken for grabbing opportunities from external factors and reducing market risk. ALDI is the retail sector organisation where large number of employees thus HR manager have to develop such skills in personnel for facing challenges of rivalry. There are several internal and external factors that influence HR practices and policies which is discussed below:-
- Employee Relation – For health and positive working environment there is requirement of good employee relation. This is one of the necessary internal factors which is taken care by HR manager of company it is their duty that they have to conduct entire operation of business in such a way that it will assist in maintaining better employees relation. The same also help in achieving team objectives along with goals of business also in effective manner (Brewster,2017). If there is proper relation between everyone working in business then owner of company run their business easily and smoothly.
- Legislation – This is external factor of business environment which can affect entire working environment of company. Federal and state legislation is that which is fully dictate that how long company can maintain their employees and personal data for better results in future (Wehrmeyer, 2017). There are several laws given by government such as minimum wages, health insurance profitability and accountability Act, Americans with Disabilities Act which need to adhere by the HR manager of ALDI administration in order to maintain the decorum and ethical practices in firms.
- Compensation – It is the amount which attract employees and motivate them to do work in better manner and generate large amount of compensation. In the situation unfavourable market condition when unemployment rate is high and more effectual employees exist in such condition compensation is that which is provided to staff member against multiple other company for recruiting personnel.
- Competition – retail sector is wide in nature thus it have large number of competition. Increment in level of competition affect the entire ability of business at the time of recruitment. Large scale organisations like ALDI is using several tools such as advertisement and social sites for creating awareness in people related to vacant job position (Taylor, Doherty, and McGraw, 2015) . Thus, for maintaining brand image and reputation in market ALDI want active participation of their skilled employees. But is some critical situation HR department have to focus on forming strong policies so they can select such candidate who is able to understand current market trends as well provide competitive edge over rivalry to company.
TASK 2 P3 Application of relevant theories & concepts relating to growth & development of strategic human resource management
Strategic human resource management is the practice of developing, rewarding, attracting and retaining personnel for the benefits of both staff member and company (Chadwick Super and Kwon, 2015). HR division of ALDI which practice human resource management are not working independently with silo. They are interacting with others also department of company also for understanding their goals and combining organisations and enterprise goals together.
Primary way of dealing with SHRM are separated in three principle classification such as universalistic, possibility and configurational. Thus, universalistic or best practices is the way of dealing with HRM identifies with the view that there is an arrangement of best HRM hones and their appropriation will produce positive results paying little respect to the conditions related to the administration.