This unit state that the Manager of human resource had to carry out research on various aspect of Human resource management.
- Define the scope and purpose of human resource management in term of organization talent and skill to achieve business goals of Zara
- Develop the effectiveness of elements of Human Resource at workplace.
- Examine internal and external factor that affect decision making in compose of employment legislation at Zara
- Provide application of human resource in work related context.
Human resources management is a formal system that is used to manage people in an organisation properly. Manager of this division fall in three specific areas as designing framework for organisational activities recruitment and selection or at last rewards and benefits to workforces. Main objective of them is manage organisational activities and approaches properly to achieve target goals and objectives easily. Human resource manager aid to maximise employee's skills by conducting training and development program for their workforce. Major function and purpose of HRM is to maximising profitability and productivity of firm by using different types of methods. This report is based on Zara which is a Spanish fast fashion retailer brand (Anderson, 2013). This organisation was established in the year of 1975 by Amancio Ortega and Rosalia Mera. This report represent purpose and functions of HRM, Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches and Benefits and effectiveness of HRM practices. It also determine employment legislation and its impacts upon HRM decision-making and application of HRM practices.
TASK 1 P1 The purpose and functions of HRM that applicable for workforce planning and resourcing
For Zara, it is require to manage their organisational activities in effective manner to getting higher competitive advantages easily. In this process human resource manager of firm analyse requirement of company to attain future objectives and goals. Main motive of them is to fill gap between employees and management of firm for create a positive working environment. Zara is a well known clothing brand that provide its products and services in several countries. For them, it is required to manage operational and functional approaches properly to getting desired outcomes easily. There are purpose and function of human resource management is given below as -
Purpose of Human Resource Management
Create better organisational culture: Human resource management is basically works to create specific and positive working environment. In this procedure, human resource manager make an appropriate bridge between management and its workforce to maximise profitability and productivity for organisation. This is the major purpose of human resource management to build appropriate culture for each and every employee.
Law: Government of UK formed different legislation for service sector organisation as labour law, equality act, Equal wage and Minimum payment act. All these legislations are requires to implement properly in business activities to create a legal framework in firm. In this process human resource management provide its effective contribution to implement them properly in organisational activities (Aswathappa, 2013).
People management: In an business organisation, it is require that employees are working together because through this they can easily resolve issues and problems of each others. Zara is a well known business firm that has a large workforce, so for this human resource manager requires to create appropriate people and team management activities to getting desired outcomes easily.
Functions of Human Resource Management
- Orientation: This is a most important process in an organisation. In it human resource manager of firm conduct a orientation program for new joiner. Through this they can build a positive interaction with each employees to new candidate. It helps to understanding between them to adjust easily in working environment of firm (Brewster and Hegewisch, 2017).
- Recruitment and selections procedures: This is a most important process of human resource manager of firm in which they analyse organisation's requirement for achieving target goals and objectives. After this they conduct specific recruitment and selection process to hire a skilled candidates in their firm.
- Employee relations management: Human resource manager of Zara play a most important role to build positive relation between management and employees. Through this, these candidates can easily resolve their issues and problems in proper way. This techniques uses to resolve conflicts and barriers from management process of firm.
- Training and learning sessions: This is a most important process if firm in which human resource manager analyse skills and working capacity of their employees to conduct a effective training program for them. Through this, they provide development learning to them for enhancing their interpersonal skill and working capacity as well.
P2 The Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to recruitment and selections
Recruitment and selection is not an easy task because in this human resource manager requires to analyse organisation's requirement for specific candidate to hire them by examine their proper skill. This is a large procedure in which human resource management and manager provide their appropriate contribution. Zara is a well known clothing brand that provide its effective contribution in several countries. For them it is require to manage a effective workforce who helps to maximise their organisational structure for getting higher success. HR manager of Zara try to hire a skilled candidate who provide their specific contribution in achieving target objectives of firm easily. Process of recruitment and selections is given below as-
This is a most important process in which human resource manager of firm analyse requirement of firm for specific candidate. In it, manager collect proper information related to several vacancies in their organisation. This is help them to conducting a specific recruitment and selections program in firm to hire skilled and talented candidates easily (Cascio and Boudreau, 2010).
In this procedure, human resource manager of firm describe all the information related to specific position and vacancy. Job Description include skills qualities as well as working approaches that are required in an candidate. Manager also determine timing, salary, benefits and specific post that they can provide to applicant.
This is a most important area in which manager determine their requirement for specific post. It determine academic qualities, qualification, knowledges, experience and background of candidate. This description is all based on organisation's requirement for an candidates who help them to achieve their target objectives easily.
Job posting strategies:
In this process, seniors, management and human resource manager of firm analyse positioning and posting strategies. Sometimes, organisations require urgent requirement for an candidate so they uses specific recruitment and selections process but Zara is a well known business organisation in which they requires specific and skilled candidate. So they uses proper method to hire a candidates easily (Chelladurai and Kerwin, 2017).
Multi phase recruitment:
In this stage, manager of organisation uses best specific method to hire best and skilled candidates in their organisation. In this methods, manager uses several methods and techniques as group discussion, eligibility test and online aptitude methods to select a skilled candidate in organisation.
Strengths of recruitment and selections:
- By conducting such programs, organisation can easily hire skilled and talented candidate in their organisation.
- Through this firm can achieve their target goals and objectives in effective manner.
Weaknesses of recruitment and selections:
- Recruitment and selections is very expensive method in which firm needs to pay a specific amount for hire a skilled candidate.
- This is a lengthy and large process that takes a long time period (CHUANG and Liao, 2010).
TASK 2 P3 Benefits of HRM practices for both the employer and employee
Human resource management functions play vital role in every organisation for managing people and their behaviours in more effective manner. Employees are key personnels of every business because they work hard and perform entire tasks or activities for achieving particular goals or objectives in better ways. HRM activities are beneficial for every individuals and firms because it support in increasing productivities, satisfy internal and external customers while running business operations. There are defined various benefits as well as advantages for employers and employees which are possible through effective HRM practices and functions within an organisation. HR manager of Zara always consider this factor and try to satisfy their employees through training, rewards systems and remuneration for satisfying their basic needs or wants in an appropriate manner. This is necessary for managing or maintaining good relationship among employees (Daley, 2012).
Also Check: Approaches of Human Resource Management