Scenario for the Task-1
As per this, you are required to throw highlight on the difference between personnel management and human resource management.
In this reference, select a company of your choice and tell whether it is equipped with HR or a personnel department
You are required to-
- Distinguish between personnel and human resource management by giving appropriate examples
- Identify the functioning of human resource management that is assisting an organisation for achieving the objectives
- Analyse the roles and responsibilities that line managers need to perform in selected organisation and also show the way in which it supports human resource management functions
- Identify the impact of legal and regulatory framework on human resource management
Scenario for Task-2
Observing the last few years, it came to view that your selected organisation is facing the high staff turnover and the reason according to finance manager is the inability to find the good people. Various vacancies are open for the job and you are asked to support the finance manager who is charge with the role of HR manager but have little knowledge of the same. You further came to know that there is no HR planning policy and the ongoing recruitment and selection process is as that candidates are given a telephonic interview prior to the face to face interview. Some of the questions asked are-
- What are the goals of life
- What is the main motivation for the application of role
- Elaborate past 4 year experience
You are required to-
- Why human resource planning is done
- What stages are involved in the human resource planning
- Provide a comparative view of the selection and recruitment process of the selected organisation with that you are recommending
- Evaluate the effectiveness of organisation recruitment and selection techniques
Scenario for Task-3
In this reference, you are required to provide an understanding on the rewarding of an employee for the purpose of motivating and retaining them.
Virgin media came to picture when the merger was announced of NTL, Telewest and Richard Branson's Virgin mobile and is a part of the global plc which is among the world largest international cable company. Virgin media is associated with offerings of broadband, TV, mobile phone and home phone services.
By making use of this case study, you are required to answer the below mentioned questions
- what is the link among the reward at virgin media and the motivational theory of the chosen organisation.
- You are required to analyse the process of job evaluation and other factors that determines the pay at virgin media
- By making use of different point of view, how effective is the reward system at virgin media or the selected organisation
- What methods are used by Virgin Media for the purpose of monitoring employee performance.
Scenario for Task-4
In this case, the aspect related to cessation of employment will be covered that is used by the organisation. Describe the reason for this cessation and also look into the ways in which the exit methods are used. Also take into consideration the influence of legal and regulatory framework on the arrangements of the employment cessation.
A small restaurant is owned by the Bob Jones in Grants Hill, Ilford. He further hired Faisal for the purpose of managing the Chicken Master. The person appointed here has 15 years of experience in the same industry. When 6 months passed, Bob came to know that Faisal is not performing well and has also not following the policy of restaurant. Faisal despite looking into matters of the restaurant, he was associated with personal work. The handbook of the Chicken Master clearly describes that employees are not allowed to make use of the company belongings for the personal purpose. All employees were distributed the handbook. After observing the whole thing, Bob came to the conclusion that he has to fire Faisal.
Faisal in return instantly filed a suit at the employment tribunal by putting a charge of discrimination. Also, he claimed that he was replaced with the female employee and thus considered himself as a victim of the age and race discrimination.
- You are required to-According to you what are the reasons that employment contract with Faisal was terminated with the Chicken Master and also by considering general terms, elaborate the reasons for the employment cessation.
- What exit procedures are used by the Chicken Master and also other organisation of your choice
- How legal and regulatory framework influence the arrangements of employment cessation with an organisation.
LO1 Provide an understanding of the distinctive features of the personnel management and human resource management
- What is the difference between human resource management and personnel management
- What is the contribution made by the human resource management function to the organisation?
- what roles and responsibilities are required to be performed by the line managers in context to HRM
- identify the impact of regulatory and legal framework on the HRM
LO2 Provide an understanding on the recruitment of an employee
- Why human resource planning is mandatory in an organisation
- What levels are involved in the planning of the human resource
- What is the selection and recruitment process in organisation
- How effective is the recruitment and selection technique in two organisations?
LO3 Provide an understanding on the rewarding of an employee for the purpose of motivating and retaining them
- How motivational theory and reward is interlinked
- by what process job is evaluated and also reflect on the factors that determines the pay
- By taking support of different context, discuss the effectiveness of the reward system
- What technique does an organisation use for monitoring the performance of an employee?
LO4 Provide an understanding on the mechanism to put in place for the purpose of the cessation of employment
- Describe the reasons for the cessation of employment
- What are the exit procedures used by the organisation in context to employment?
- What impact does legal and regulatory framework has on the arrangements of the employment cessation
You may also like to read:-