Nursing is a profession associated with the healthcare sector centred to provide optimal care and quality of life to the patients. The role of nurses includes providing general and specialized care for well-being of individuals in need.
Promotion of health along with care for the ill and disabled is the prime role of nurses. Nurses are important advocates for health promotion as they educate patients and public about preventive or rehabilitative support. It is important for nurses to ensure accurate diagnosis of diseases along with safeguarding public health. Nursing is an art which involves an intuition for assessment of patient's needs along with fundamental respect for human dignity. The integration of objective and subjective data of a patient's biological and behavioural needs is the main aim of nursing process.
In fields of healthcare, nursing responsibilities range from providing accurate treatment to conducting inoculations for children. The long-term monitoring of behavioural needs of the patients are comprehended and knowledge based expertise is enforced for overall well-being of the patient. The process of nursing is explained through the following steps:
- Assessment:Assessing patients on the basis of their physiological, economic, lifestyle and social factors.
- Diagnosis: Formation of diagnosis based on patient behaviour and their physical symptoms.
- Planning:The aim is to set realistic goals for recovery of the patient.
- Implementation: Execution of effective nursing care plan for betterment of the patient and documentation of the progress.
- Evaluation: Analysis of care plan implemented along with monitoring the patient response to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient.