- Explain key issues, which are critical to understanding the business environment and learn how these impact upon organisations of all types and sizes.
- Analyse the interrelationships of businesses and the general environment within which they operate.
- Provide central ideas effectively.
- Self-reflection and Self-management.
Word count – 2,000 words
Prepare a business report in relation to the Key Issues in the Business Environment.
a. Discuss and examine the key macro issues in the business environment that are significant for the ‘Travel & Leisure’ Sector. Use an appropriate academic model for this task.
b. Examine the potential impacts at micro level due to any 2 of the identified issues in ‘a’ above. Use examples of businesses from the Hotel Sub sector.
c. Evaluate any 2 challenges you faced while carrying out the tasks ‘a’ and ‘b’ above. Suggest appropriate ways of overcoming such challenges.
Structure of report:
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- Body with sub-sections
The report will be graded on the following 4 criteria.
- Discussion and description of key macro issues in the business environment.
- Examination of potential impacts (micro level) due to the 2 identified issues.
- Evaluation on 2 challenges faced on the previous 2 tasks.
- Application of Harvard referencing style and academic report structure.