This unit aims at conducting small research for measuring impact, effect and success of Corporate social responsibility.
- Evaluate aim and objective based on CSR.
- Execute research at small scale, assembling data in order to maximize data and support project activities.
- Develop project recommendations which are based on meaningful data collected from findings.
- Develop reflection on the value created from project and its use for business performance.
In the present era, manage a business activities and operations is biggest task for every person. It is an essential for individual to manage the company and its functions for the purpose of successful establishment and growth of the business. It can be possible through proper study of environment and create employment which will support in providing growth as well as financial viability of the particular business (Bakker, 2011). The Corporate Social Responsibility is the duty of organisation for society welfare and well-beingness. This is best aspect to create goodwill and increase profits for government, society, people, community, and minorities of the country. It is necessary for every firm to consider corporate social responsibility for achieving set goals or targets. This report is based on John Lewis which is a departmental store and operating throughout UK. They are working for CSR and considered ethical situations for achieving competitive advantages. This assignment will define role of CSR for profitability and financial sustainability. It will establish project plans with aims, objectives, time frames and carry out a mini-research by applying tools or techniques.
P1 Aims and objectives of project in John Lewis
This project is defined about corporate social responsibilities and its major role in achieving predetermine goals or objectives in an effective manner. Many of firms focus on doing CSR for the purpose of increase goodwill or brand image and achieve competitive advantages in better ways. This will support in building better relationship among customers and also generate more profits within the organisation. This activity can be beneficial in operating and running business operations in an effective manner (Basu, 2014). In the modern world, there may be difficult to manage the business in competitive environment therefore, every organisations are focusing on adopting best tools or techniques and formulate business strategies so that they can survive among strong competitors in well manner. They also conduct proper research and plan for preparing project so that appropriate data or informations can be gathered regarding best methods or tools to run an organisation..
Topic: “The impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on the Marketing Department within John Lewis to Promote Profitability and the Financial sustainability”.
Background of project
This project consider the CSR activities which can be beneficial for every business firm as they can promote its products or services in an efficient way. There is required to adopt best marketing tools or promotional strategies so that particular goals or objectives can be accomplished. John Lewis is focusing on providing several benefits to the internal or external customers so that profits can be maximised. They also keep the environment clean by performing their duty or responsibilities in well manner.
The John Lewis is a chain departmental store and its headquartered in London, UK. There are various kinds of products or services are provided by this firm (Benn, 2011). Their main objectives is to increase more profitability and financial sustainability with the helps of considering proper corporate-social responsibility so that internal and external customers can be satisfied in better ways. They included it in the strategies so Waitrose is planning for CSR by undertaking major objectives such as increasing strong brands with growth, provide employment opportunity, perform better with partners and pay, and financial sustainability as well. These all are necessary to run the business so that John Lewis can improve its brand image and accomplish set targets or objectives.
Aims: To perform CSR activities and implement it for the purpose of promoting profitability and financial sustainability.
- To analyse the impacts of Corporate Social Responsibility on the marketing functions.
- To consider CSR for promoting profitability and financial sustainability.
- To provide employment opportunity for generating profits and growth.
- To build better relationship among social people for increasing goodwill in the marketplace.
P2 Project management plan
In this defined as the proper project management plan that must be formulated for developing and managing the business in successful manner (Bolton, 2011). In this included some necessary stages for administrating entire organisational functions or activities so that predetermined goals and outcomes can be achieved. This plan is very necessary for managing the business operations by considering available resources, risks, communication process, time frame and many more that required for project planning and its implementation regarding CSR in better ways. These are as following:
- Cost: This is an one of the major factors which is required to consider in the project management planning for corporate social responsibilities by companies. It consists several activities which must be focused on increasing brand values or profitability in an appropriate manner. There are needed enough costs or expenses so that this project can be implemented (Benn and Dunphy, 2014). Therefore, John Lewis has to prepare as project budget for performing CSR activities in the local as well as global areas. At least 250000 Euros for spending on this project.
You may also like the below samples:-