LO1 produce an understanding on the knowledge, skills and behaviour of an employee that is required by the HR professionals
LO2 What factors are required to be taken into consideration when implementing and the evaluating the inclusive learning and development in order to drive the sustainable business performance
LO3 Highlight the ways according to which the contribution is made by high performance working to the employee engagement and competitive advantage
LO4 Identify the ways according to which performance management, collaborative working and effective communication aids culture and commitment of high performance
Business growth with the help of higher productivity and improved competitiveness is of utmost importance to the global economic recovery future prosperity in general. In this context high performance work practices including continuing professional development comes to play that means professionals are required to maintain their knowledge and skills.
The Whirlpool HPW Case-
It came to view that the North America Staff of Whirlpool was held accountable for the execution of the organisational and strategic changes in order to maintain the company that is embarked upon major restructuring.
Team in this reference was very well aware with the fact that for restructuring a time taking decision will be required and so does the effective collaboration. Business realised one thing that to make a next step being effective will not be sufficient, so it would require an innovation and productivity at enhanced level.
From survey, it came to know that the team of North America Region measure its team on the five core points that includes shared commitment to the company vision and extraordinary goals, shared accountability for the results, transparency in communication, constructive conflict and mutual respect and solidarity. In order to understanding the thing requires for the accomplishment with the restructuring, the NAR staff comes on role and become the first team to indulge in assessment of HPT and implemented the important changes to ensure HPW.
With the information gathered, certain changes were implemented-
- The unproductive weekly team meeting was streamlined on big scale whose focus was on solving the operational issues affecting the business.
- Any NAR staff member who had specific individual needs to address the president or other team members did so outside of the team meeting, thereby avoiding personal conversations at the staff meeting.
- Arrangements of offsite meetings were done so that the NAR Staff could address strategic issues.
- End run” communications with the president were eliminated.
- Team members committed to working collaboratively to solve business problems by listening to each other and challenging one another, ultimately replacing a “hub-and-spoke” engagement model with the president as the hub.
Moving further with the changes, the Whirlpool staff made the commitment in order to streamline the behaviour of individuals with the new teams. The individual who earlier were working in isolation process agree to another before reaching any decision and also taking a look over the improvement of the self-skills.
The other administration of HPT showed the following-
- Commitment to vision and goals.
- Team members communicate a constant message about team vision and goal in the organisation.
- Team members shows a business perspective even when executing individual priorities.
- Shared accountability results.
- Clear communication
- Appropriate forum for the team to constructing debate and discussions about the issues facing the company.
- Mutual respect and solidarity.
You are working as a HR consultant for Whirlpool and is asked to prepare the report at annual confederation of the British industry workshop that pointing out the ways in which the performance management, collaborative working and efficient communication aids in high performance culture and commitment.
- Do a research in order to produce the appropriate knowledge and skill and behaviour that the HR professional requires in an organisation
- Conduct personal skill audit in order to identify knowledge skills and behaviours and develop a professional development plan for a given role.
- What is the difference between individual and organisational learning, training and development
- Do the evaluation of the needs for the constant learning and professional development in the sustainable business performance
- In what way did HPW make a contribution to the employee engagement and competitive advantage
- What are the approaches to performance management. Show with the help of examples that how it assists in high performance culture.
|LO1 produce an understanding on the knowledge, skills and behaviour of an employee that is required by the HR professionals||LO1 and 2 D1 Prepare an in depth professional development plan which involves learning goals and training with respect to the learning cycle for achieving the sustainable business performance objectives|
|P1 Make use of the appropriate and professional knowledge, skills and behaviour which the HR professional require P2 Do the personal skills audit in order to analyse the knowledge, skills and behaviour and accordingly develop a professional development plan for the job role||M1 Develop a professional skills audit which depicts the evidence of the personal reflection|
|LO2 What factors are required to be taken into consideration when implementing and the evaluating the inclusive learning and development in order to drive the sustainable business performance|
|P3 What is the difference between organisational and inclusive learning, training and development. P4 What is the importance of continuous learning and professional development to improve the sustainable business performance.||M2 Make us of the learning cycle theories to analyse the importance of applying the continuous professional development|
|LO3 Highlight the ways according to which the contribution is made by high performance working to the employee engagement and competitive advantage||LO3 and 4 D2 Offer knowledge and information that results in correct judgement about how HPW and mechanism used to improve the employee engagement and commitment.|
|P5 in what way does HPW contributed to employee engagement and competitive advantage in the given business situation||M3 What is the advantage of the application of HPW with the justifications|
|LO4 Identify the ways according to which performance management, collaborative working and effective communication aids culture and commitment of high performance|
|P6 What are the approaches available to the performance management and also demonstrate with illustrations that how it can support high performance culture and commitment||M4 What are the various approaches and also offer the judgements on the effectiveness that it supports to the high-performance culture and commitment|
Students Also Likes to Read About : Human Resource Management and its Benefits