- LO 1: Determine an analysis of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in order to be an effective people manager.
- LO 2: Examine and analyse the key HR processes that underlay the performance management of people at work
- LO 3: Describe an understanding of the contemporary issues that is faced by the line managers in relation to people management
The UK's National Health Service (NHS) turned 70 in 2018. The pressure in the services have been greater due to increase in standards, treatments, administrative policies combined with the growing and ageing population.
The NHS is focusing to take practical action in order to take off its various departments in the upcoming years with the time of waiting all over the board that is low by historical standards, but it is growing slowly on a financial budget.
The NHS HR department has faced many challenges and has seen no signs of easing.
You have to review NHS case study of England's Head NHS HR department with 2000 words
The portfolio will focus on the 3 strategic People management areas that are considered by the NHS:
- Area 1: Learning and Management
- Area 2: Training and Development
- Area 3: Talent Management
Special consideration should be given to:
- The application of the current NHS scenario with key theoretical model among the 3 areas.
- The function of HR in supporting the Management with the role and priorities of the NHS Management.
- The different internal and external impacts on the 3 mentioned areas.
- Any considerable suggestions of the portfolio highlights.
Notes for Guidance
The portfolio will consist of 3 clear sections in a report format with relevant and appropriate suggestions in order to keep the best practice of NHS for improvement of the problematic areas.