- Regulate and Conduct a basic health promotion event.
- Provide Reflection upon a health promotion event.
The World Health Organisation (2016) states that:
‘Health promotion enables people to make increment the control over their own health. It covers a huge range of social and environmental interventions that are designed to provide benefit and protect individual people’s health and quality of life by addressing and preventing the root causes of ill health, not just focusing on treatment and cure’
Health and social care professionals can play an imminent role in promoting the health and wellbeing of individuals, families and communities within the United Kingdom and abroad. Health promotion activities may differ as per the requirement and can take many forms
You need to design and create a health promotion artefact on the basis of allocated topic that will be relevant to be presented at a health promotion event. The development and content of the artefact should be drawn from a relevant evidence-base and supported by suitable theoretical frameworks.
In the first week, you ned to allocated a topic from the following list:
Bullying and harassment
Pancreatic cancer awareness
Students also read about: Organic and Inorganic Food
Using the template provided on the VLE, you need to reflect upon:
- your performance in the design and creation of your artefact.
- your completed artefact.
- And the gained learning from producing your artefact.
Task one assessment criteria:
- In-depth Knowledge and understanding of a selected public health issue from a holistic perspective.
- Generation of the Knowledge and understanding of health promotion and the relevant strategies to maintain or enhance health and wellbeing.
- Capability to produce a health promotion artefact that is relevant to the public health issue, target population and setting.
Task two assessment criteria:
- Achievement in the Knowledge and understanding of the reflective skills required to support continued professional development.
- Ability to engage in self-reflection in order to analyse and evaluate performance.