The particular topic on which you will emphasis for your research is:
“Effective Talent Management Strategies in A Selected Hospitality Organisation”
The SCENARIO for this research project is :-
You are being employed in the small HR consultancy company. The hospitality organisation has approached you, because you were the HND in hospitality management before this HR consultancy company. Now the hospitality organisation wants to know about whether they conduct talent management effectively now also. Being a HR consultant, you are required to present a presentation on all the activities.
Activity 1- Project Planning/Management
Draw your skills and understanding with the help of project management (i.e. Project initiations and project Planing) and also highlight the aims, objectives and time frames based on the selected theme. You are required to:
- Project title
- Project Aims and objectives
- Produce a proper Project management plan and must cover following elements;
- Scope of the project
- Risk to the project and how it may be reduced
- Duration, cost and quality of the project
- Resources used in this project
- Work Breakdown Structure and also develop Ghantt chart which shows overall time frame and stages for its completion
- Method used and data collected for gathering information.
Activity 2- Project Execution/ Conducting small- scale Research
- Conduct Secondary Research to cover topic of Talent Management in the service industry.
- What are the strategies that satisfies the current talent management?
- Critically evaluate and analyse the validity and reliability of the research methodologies.
Activity 3- Project Findings
As an HR consultant, present the finding with the help of your research and made practical recommendation for the hospitality organisation.
For this part, you are required to cover following areas:
- Evaluate the data and research with the help of effective tools and techniques,
- Prepare valid and meaningful conclusions from the research data.
- Support your answer with the help of authentic research tools in order to draw make suggestions.
Activity 4- Performance Review
Carry out performance review with your manager and cover the following elements:
- Highlight the value of conducted research.
- Show your learning and performance.
LO1 Form the project goals, objectives and the time duration based on the theme.
- D1 Analyse the process of project management and also apply the proper research methodologies.
- P1 State the project objectives and aim of a chosen scenario.
- P2 Make a project management plan that includes the scope, time, cost, communication, quality, risk and the resources.
- P3 Create a work breakdown structure and the Gantt chart in order to furnish the time period and the stages for completion of task.
- M1 Make the comprehensive plan of project management, project schedule and the timeline in order to observe and attain the aims and objectives of the project.
LO2 Present the small research, data collection and assemble of information, generate the understanding in order to justify your project.
- P4 Conduct a small research with the support of qualitative and quantitative methods of research for fulfilling the project objectives and the aims.
- M2 Analyse the reliability and accuracy of various research methods which are being applied in a project.
LO3 Demonstrate the project and also give recommendations on the basis of conclusion which is made from the analysis or evidence identification.
- D2 Analyse and draw the reflection on the results of projects, the process of decision-making and the modification or development of the project management plan in order to promote your justifications of recommendations and also the learning at the time of project.
- P5 Interpret the data and the research by using the suitable techniques and tools.
- P6Furnish a recommendation as an outcome of the research and data analysis in order to form a meaningful and clear conclusion.
- M3 examine the options of techniques and tools to support the authenticity and the accuracy and also give the justification for the recommendations.
LO4 Draw a reflection the values gained through the project and its utility to promote the sustainable performance of an organisation.
- P7 Provide the reflection on the values which are involved in the research to achieve the objectives and gain the learnings and performance.
- M4 Study the values of process of project management and state their utility of research to meet the goals and also assist the performances and learnings.