- To develop understanding of the role of marketing
- To facilitate comparison between various elements of the marketing mix
- To formulate marketing plan
In straightforward terms, Marketing implies meeting the prerequisite of both market and customer beneficially. In this manner, it is a social procedure that encourages the association to trade and make value with its potential purchaser. Firms utilize distinctive marketing exercises which incorporate public relation, promotion, and advertisement with a specific end goal to fulfill the dynamic needs of the client (Desai, 2013). It alludes to a constant exchange of communication through which business venture advises, instructs, and grow dependable association with a potential customer over some stretch of time. The principle goal of marketing is to translate target customer so well that the item or administrations which particular organization is putting forth to individuals fits inside their necessity and offers itself. The given report is based on McDonald which is considered as the world's biggest restaurant chain that gives fast food to a huge number of customer. This report covers the different roles and responsibilities of market function, how it is linked with other functional areas of the company, marketing mix of two organizations, and marketing plan with an aim of achieving both long and short term objectives in an effectual manner.
Also Read this Sample:- Marketing Communication - Coca Cola
P1 Main roles and responsibilities of market function
The term “Marketing” can be characterized as an arrangement of tactics which consist of advertisement, public relation, sales and promotion utilized by businesses keeping in mind the end goal to meet the necessity of potential buyer. In present day situation, where necessities of client is changing every now and again, it ends up vital for a firm to assess such needs and make goods accordingly. It energize the enthusiasm of potential customer and empowers them to buy the merchandise which satisfies their coveted request. Companies reach to its end buyer by considering three key aspect of marketing including designing, execution and evaluation. Following are the different roles and responsibilities of marketing function that help McDonald in achieving its business goals and objectives in an effectual manner are discussed below:
•Marketing Information System (MIS): The essential duty of each organization is to make themselves attentive about the preferences of their potential purchaser. Firms create income from their client by offering them such item or services that completely fulfills their diverse needs or desire. MIS can be characterized as a framework that assembles and appropriate data to manager about powerful decisions of customer which will help the business in producing goods and services as per customer requirement. Gathering marketing information on timely basis can causes the association to take successful choice with respect to item change or improvement, appropriation, media, advancement. For example, McDonald utilizes MIS device to catch all important data identified with its objective purchasers so they can alter their item as indicated by that.
•Marketing Planning: McDonald need to create effective plan of marketing that aid in achieving their both short and long term goals in an organized way (Dibb and Simkin, 2013). Initially when the alluded firm introduced their Early Breakfast Meal, they were not able generate higher sales. But with the passage of time the company figure out that, consumer prefer to eat less oily food. Thus the firm has decided to introduce healthy food that lead to raise its sales by near about 15%.
•Financing: As Business proprietor, the most critical capacity for marketing their item is finding distinctive wellspring of subsidizing which will push the organization to successfully promote their item or administrations in the commercial center. With a specific end goal to deal with company's working capital and everyday tasks, they can compose their assets through various sources, for example bank shareholders, investors, bank etc. McDonald's is for the most part dealing with their financing through Franchising. Over 45% of their income is produced through Franchising which is spread everywhere throughout the world.
•Promotion: This instrument is utilized by the organization with a specific end goal to promote their item or services in the commercial center on tremendous level. Different promotional strategy like print media, digital media and television that help McDonald in attracting large number of customer (Draelos, 2010). It create mindfulness among potential purchasers which wind up with fortifying the individual to purchase such item. It alluded as the voice of element which empowers the organization to send their image message to different group of onlookers unmistakably. McDonald's is utilizing different limited time methods, for example, advanced media; they have their own facebook and instagram page where they continues refreshing about new item or administrations, TV commercial; print media and so forth.
•Pricing: It is essential for company to set right cost may now and then turns out as a test for business undertaking. If they charge high price from buyers then consumer may shift to some other local brand but simultaneously, if they sell their products at low prices than buyers may think that the company must be offering goods at low prices. McDonald's has utilize the procedure of Price Bundling in which they join a few item together into a comprehensive single thorough bundle with lessened cost. This assistance the organization to offer in excess of one item at a same purpose of time however with a bundle. For example, McDonald is providing Happy Meal Package to its customers which incorporates Hamburger, Cold drink and French Fries at a lesser rate as compared to single price of each product.
•Selling: The idea of selling is firmly related with function of marketing. Organization produce goods and services keeping in mind the end goal to create income, which they can most likely yield by pitching their item and administrations to the individuals who really required it. Offering is the main medium through which a firm can viably meet their customer prerequisite. It implies that once the organization is finished with deciding different decisions of purchaser they are requested to satisfy their request by giving right item at right cost and day and age. McDonald is offering their item through their stores, on the web and furthermore giving services related with home-delivery.
P2 How marketing function is related with functional area of organization
1. Marketing and Information Technology Department: For attaining high competitive advantage in the market, organizations are encouraged to utilize imaginative and propelled innovation. They can figure designs and procedures in a better manner with the assistance of current innovation. Presently a-days customer needs to impart awesome association with mark. Aside from getting an incentive for the item, recent college grads needs to fabricate trust among the organization which will make them steadfast toward specific brand or item. McDonald has taken the benefit of imaginative innovation through presenting its own computerized arrange stage which incorporates self-benefit stands (Hauer, 2011). They have likewise propelled different new highlights which contributes in expanding their general piece of the overall industry such menu advancement, makes less demanding for the client to arrange on the web, home-conveyance administrations.
2. Marketing and Human Resource Department: The essential obligation of HR Manager is to enlist accomplished and talented work force who puts their best in accomplishing hierarchical objective successfully and productively. Keeping in mind the end goal to accomplish extensive number of offers, firm needs to invigorate the potential purchaser and for this they are require to employ skilled individuals who have the colossal order in impacting purchasers to influence last to buy. Presently, McDonald is hiring through using social media platform like Snapchat. McDonald trusts that if their representatives are fulfilled, at that point just they can meet the necessity of target client. McDonald 95% occupations are loaded with graduates or existing workers. This expresses they are utilizing both inner and outside wellspring of enlistment. Fulfilled representatives will hold with the organization for longer period.
3. Marketing and Research & Development Department: When the organization knows about the necessities and needs of potential buyer it ends up with much easier for them to make or change their item according to customer requirement. With the help of, company is able to gather data related with consumer preferences which help in achieving business goals and objectives in an effectual manner (Jones and Rowley, 2011). McDonald's much of the time talk with their client which gives them the advantage to comprehend their buyer properly. For example, when McDonald was propelled in India, they have investigated enough about their decisions. In India, people do not eat hamburger. As a result, they introduce Burger which is much common in India.
4. Marketing and Customer Service Department: Customers are known as the king of market, whose essential obligation is to make benefit for the organizations by taking their item or administrations. Therefore, organizations are at risk to fulfill the client prerequisite successfully. The greater part of the organizations are picking online networking stage keeping in mind the end goal to very fulfill their objective shopper. McDonald is fulfilling their crowd by giving them what they are really looking or wanted for. McDonald client benefit office is constantly checking their facebook and instagram pages. McDonald is additionally concentrating on giving better wages and training practices to its workforce which consequently will intend to fulfill their customers completely. The Policy of McDonald is Happy Customer=Happy Employees which they have figured in their whole working environment or establishments which gives them the advantage of higher intensity level over their challengers, as their specialists put their best in work and yield higher incomes for the firm.
5. Marketing and Finance Department: Marketing and back are alluded as two most essential mainstays of an organization on which their whole benefit and income depends. Fund comprise of benefit, cost though the term showcasing incorporates exposure, advancement, deals volume, target and so on. As just about 40% of the McDonald's income is produced through Franchising so they utilized promoting instrument with a specific end goal to invigorate individuals to take their establishment (Lamb and et. al., 2011).
P4 Marketing Plan of McDonalds
Marketing Plan: It is critical to create effective marketing plan of the company that characterizes all activities related with marketing and advertisement for an upcoming year (Lane, 2016). It comprise of the considerable number of refined elements of business, for example, its strength, opportunities, threats weakness, vision, statement of purpose, budget statement, monitoring and controlling and so on.
McDonald Overview: It is a leading fast food retailer of the world. The firm was set up by Maurice and Richard McDonald's in 1940. The organization serves more than sixty eight million clients for each day in 120 nations of the world. Around 36,900 eatery of Mc Donald's are worked around the world. Firm create different items like French fries, ground sirloin sandwiches, wraps, servings of mixed greens, soda pops, espresso, and so on roughly 375,000 individuals are work for the reason to accomplish objectives and destinations of the firm at particular day and age.
Goals and Objective of the firm: The fundamental objective of Mc Donald's is to provide high quality product and services to its target group of customers. The goal of the organization is to amplify its deals and benefits and accomplish long haul targets and destinations in set timeframe in powerful and productive way. Firm needs to expanded its incomes by 40 % in up and coming months. Mc Donald's needs to make great picture in the psyches of clients and fulfill their necessities and needs by giving them quality items.
Vision Statement: “To be the leading fast food chain that provide great experience to clients ".
Mission Statement: "To be the main selection of clients, with regards to, phenomenal administrations, amazing items, cleanness, value for money and quick services.
Marketing Objective: Currently business undertakings are centers around auspicious conveyance of its items and administrations. Mc Donald's advertising destinations is to control quality administrations to its clients and fulfill them by satisfying their needs and needs. Organization likewise needs to make great picture in the brains of clients and increase higher gainfulness by giving great quality items to its potential clients (Lipsman and et. al., 2012).
Competitor Analysis: Its key competitors include KFC, Chipotle Mexican grill, pizza hut, subway etc.
Marketing Budget: It is arranged and planned so as to assess the costs that a firm acquire in advertising of its items and administrations. In showcasing spending plan, certain measure of cash is assigned for performing diverse exercises of promoting. Money related administrator assumes a vital part in overseeing spending plan and keeping up all the monetary exchanges viably
Control and Monitoring: Mc Donald's underline on assessing and checking every one of the exercises deliberately with a specific end goal to guarantee that all the work is done in appropriate way and discover the zones of change so revisions can be made where required.
Marketing assumes a vital part in the development and manageability of business. It incorporates every one of the information with respect to business. By the help of showcasing plan, firm can decide its situation in advertise and characterizes every one of the exercises and moves that are made by the firm in future keeping in mind the end goal to accomplish its objectives and targets (Mihart, 2012). It covers 7p's of advertising which is critical for Mc Donald's for presenting new item in the market. Firm utilize diverse techniques keeping in mind the end goal to draw in and hold more clients and increase higher gainfulness.
Related Sample: Marketing Essentials