Marketing is an essential for the growth and success of an organization as it helps in influencing buying behavior of targeted customers as well as maintain loyalty of old customers. It encourages customers to buy company’s products to add value to their standard of living. Apple Inc. is US based multinational company offering wide range of products and services such as consumer electronics, developing computer software and online services. You are newly appointed marketing manager of Apple Inc. to conduct research related with marketing activities. For this, different online websites, text books, journals should use.
- Describe role of marketing and analyse interrelation between marketing and other departments of McDonald’s.
- Explain the role of marketing and its interrelationship with other departmental functions of Apple Inc.
- Make comparison of marketing of two organization engaged in similar sector for achievement of business objectives.
- Produce a marketing plan for Apple Inc.
Marketing may be defined as the process in which companies create value for clients, customers, society and partners and build good relationship with them in order to achieve predetermined goals or objectives. In other words, marketing considered as management process to identify, anticipate and satisfy customers needs or wants for meeting their desired expectations profitably. Every business focuses making best use of marketing tools and measures so that better results could be achieved along with ensuring sustainability of business in operating market(Dibb, S. and Simkin, L., 2013). This report is based on Apple Inc. which is an American multinational technology company. It deals in designing, developing and selling consumer electronics, computer software as well as online services on a global scale. . This assignment will describe roles and responsibilities of marketing functions and how Apple use marketing mix strategies to accomplish business objectives.
Comparison of different organisation with marketing mix strategies
Produce marketing plan
There is necessary to formulate adequate strategies and marketing plan for Apple Inc. so that better outcomes can get in the competitive environment. It can be considered as blue print of action plan that company undertake to accomplish set objectives and enhance future growth as well (Jones and Rowley, 2011).
Apple is going to launch a new version of iPad in the international market. Therefore, they are required to consider several aspects for producing effective plan and enhance sales volume. It is necessary to launch new products in adequate manner so that maximum market shares can be increased. In this included vision, mission, objectives, budgets, marketing mix and many more to create effective marketing plan.
Vision and Mission:
“To create great products with innovative features and technology to provide better experience to the consumers.” Apple design best personal computer along with OS, iLife, iWork and other professional software to attract more customers and satisfy their desired expectations.
- To increase demands and enhance at least 5% sales within 1 year.
- To capture around 8% of market area in the consumer electronics within 2 years.
Marketing mix of Apple:
- Products: Apple is going to introduce new model of iPad with 13.4-inches in the international market.
- Price: The price of new product will be $899 that have unique features and best technology are to be used.
- Place: it will be launch in the global market delivered through specialised retail chains.
- Promotion: Internet and debut ceremony will be suitable to create awareness (Lamb and Hair, 2011).
- People: Celebrity and CEO of company will launch this new item on front of media.
- Process: they can organise a better process and program for introducing such items.
- Physical evidence: There should be better infrastructure and arrangements to launch new product of Apple.
Monitoring and evaluation:
After launching a new products of company, they can use various methods of monitoring such as conduct surveys, get feedbacks, internet reviews, rating, comments and many more for analysing customers experience and measure their satisfaction level towards iPad (McDaniel, 2011).
Targeting and positioning:
targeting is the process of determination of most attractive segment from the different segmentation stage which is most profitable for business. Apple is big organisation which launches new iPad and targeting the higher segment of society having high per capita income.
Positioning is the process of attaining competitive advantage through positioning of their product in mind of customers. The option which is adopted by Apple for improve their positioning is about providence of free accessories to customers.
From the above report, it has been concluded that marketing is essential in generating revenues or higher profitability by using several tools or techniques. In this included several functions or activities that must be performed by the organisation to achieve particular goals or objectives. This assignment is based on Apple Inc. that used marketing functions and considered its roles or responsibilities for the purpose of running business operation in an adequate manner.