With the help of this report understanding of the diversity within the hospitality industry are developed in context of travel and tourism industry so that integration of the services can be ensured with the help of following task:
- Evaluate the role of the hospitality industry.
- Analyze the impact of integration for PKF Group within the hospitality industry.
- Discuss the plan for the development of PKF Group.
In according to define hospitality industry in PKF, it is necessary to understand what is it ? This is one of the most important factor of tourism industry. Without this, tourism industry does not exist. It helps in to promote the products' ans services given by tourism industry. Furthermore, the interrelationship between these both industries also explained. There are some common features related to the products and policies. There is a strong impact of integration on the hospitality industry. Changing the concept and policies of hospitality industry is affect the policies and strategy of tourism industry as well. Impact of integration such as scale of economy, standardization and quality. Integration also affect the functions of tourism industry. A rational can be developed to interrelate with target market and include some aspects such as idea, market research, target market and target location or size of a business. Developed plan is also described for a hospitality business which involves needs and requirements of the structure of any organisation related to the human resource allocation. There are different strategies and appropriate methods to identify the opportunities for hospitality industry and tourism industry as well(Leung, Xue and Bai 2015.).
P1.1 Relationship between hospitality and tourism industry
There are different division under tourism industry which is being catered by hospitality industry only. Like if a family goes on a holiday tour and they travelled through airlines then airlines' comes under hospitality industry. They stay in a hotel then hotel comes under hospitality industry. It means overall we can say that hospitality industry is act like a supplier of a tourism industry. Tourism industry is incomplete without hospitality industry. These industries provide facilities to the customers who is travel for the enjoyment. It flourishes the activities of tourism industry. Customers travel for their refreshment, to change the mind set and to have some fun. For this they require some facilities such as accommodation, food and beverages, entertainment and so on. PKF company take care of all activities starting from travelling to staying and related to many other activities. They made a package in which they pre determined that what will a person or a company do when they are on a tour. Hospitality industries ensure that all tourists get best of the facilities with affordable price(Leung, Xue and Bai 2015.). . They also take care of those persons who over drunk on the tour. The main motive of these industries are to satisfy the customers who are using their product or service. PKF industries well trained their employees so that they can handle customers nicely and politely. Take care of all the things whether it is small or big because customers who are using these things wants to take advantage of things offered to them. Satisfied customers will be the repetitive customer of your company and he will also increase the customer potential of your company. Hospitality organisations are the most important factor in travel and tourism industry(Leung, Xue and Bai 2015.). . Interrelationship between hospitality and tourism industry can be explained through these points :
- Package holidays : The role of hospitality industry in package holidays of tourism industry is very significant. Hotels which provide facilities to the customers under tour package is ultimately depend on the price offered in a tour package. Customers may choose any offer package such as 3 star accommodation or accommodation on room only basis. Travel agents regularly take feedback of their clients to be ensure that they have been enjoying and experiencing through their stay(Law and et.al., 2015 )
- Aviation : the success of airlines are depended upon the accommodation availability. Airlines may lose their business if accommodations are not available. Flying to small destination place is such a serious problem. Airlines must analyse the situation of accommodation regarding flight times and bed availability. Budget airlines are also the part of aviation which offered all facilities such as food and beverages and so on.
- Business travel : business peoples are chosen the accommodation of luxurious facility with the work comfortably. They search those hotels which provide internet access and business centres. PKF group also interrelate with catering facilities because they prefer some of the best restaurant to impress their business associates. Today's competitive environment force the tourism industry to provide business facilities to their customers or clients. They spend the money which is offered to them by their company and through this, they choose best company for their luxurious accommodation. Business class is an essential factors for both hospitality and tourism industry.
- Conferences : these factors are also crucial for travel and tourism industry. It includes exhibition facilities as well. Through this, customer can view the product before buying it. The ITB refers international tourism bourse is one of the biggest exhibition which attract the customers from over the world. Conferences generally hosted at the hotel where the event will be established.
- Visitor attractions : attraction means anything which get air through talking of the people. It may be in form of man made creation or natural attraction. Man mad creation such as museum or wax museum and natural attractions such as natural parks. Theme parks are one of the most attractive place for the tourists. Most of the theme parks have their own restaurant and cafes, which provide services to their customers then get back to having fun. Tourism companies provide these features in their holiday package to attract the customers and force them to buy their product only(Leung, Xue and Bai 2015.). . Apart from these, some places are easily taken place in interest to people because of the attractive activities which is done there. Rather, then theme park, wax museum are now in trend. It is man made creations. Most of the customers are attracted by the view of these museums.
These both are one of the most growing industry in the competitive market. Scope of the hospitality industry is as below :
- Employment tourism
- Increasing tourists
- International technologies
- Communication technologies
- Medical tourism
- Growth in economy
- Foreign direct investment
Scope of hospitality and tourism industry can be explained by following points :
- TRAVEL : it includes air, rail, cruise, coach, auto and ecotourism.
- LODGING : it includes hotels and motels
- RECREATION : it includes gaming, attractions, parks and recreation.
- MANAGED SERVICES