- Identify the specialised knowledge of disease management strategies and prevention, and emergency/disaster response, in relation to public health practice.
- Distinction between various types of Prevention and management strategies and decide on their applicability to particular circumstances.
- Critically analyse the specific policies, interventions and service models in context to disease prevention and management strategies and emergency responses.
- Analyse the long-term impact of disease prevention and management strategies at a community or population level.
- Explain different management approaches to prevent disease and management strategies used in public health.
- Evaluate disease prevention or management strategy that appropriately responds to an assessed need and disseminate knowledge of program management approaches.
Assessment Task 2: Planning, implementation and evaluation of a non-communicable initiatives.
This uses a suburban state primary school as a setting for prevention of NCDs associated with overweight and obesity. The task includes an extensive whole of school initiative that targets one specific stakeholders group associates with a school (pupils, teachers, families, community).
Students will work as a Public Health Officers working for the state Department of Health on the planning, implementation and evaluation of this intervention. Student identifies the new initiative will be position and resources will be required and what concerns the initiative may encounter. Students will also develop information for the stakeholder group and other communication strategy and evaluation strategy. It direct link between the intervention design and risk reduction in the target group must be demonstrated. Submission will consist of following:
- Demographic characteristics of the specific schools and surrounding society.
- Aetiology and epidemiology of overweight and obesity in the target group.
- Explanation of stakeholder group selection.
- Examination of intervention.
- Identify communication strategy
- Explain the evaluation framework.