In a dynamic business environment the ability for any business organisation to survive will depend on its understanding of not just the micro environment but also the macro business environment. With the UK on separation with the European Union and uncertainty in the businesses need to develop effective strategies bearing in mid certain needs and those of their specific stakeholders.
You have been employed as a Business Analyst by a large, small and medium sized businesses in UK (Choose any organisation of your own choice) to identify different types ad size of business they will have to compete with. This report will include evaluation of current environmental factors that influence or impact your organisation.
You are required to include different types of organisation, their size and classification to show difference between them. It must include their legal structure, size and scope as well as key stakeholders.
You can also check : Analysis of Business Environment - Burberry Group PLC
This should be presented as a report to the CEO and should include following:
- Introduction to detailed about different types of organisation and growth of international business environment.
- Detailed explanation of chosen organisation, background detail of organisation, the product and services they supply, size and scope of organisation, their vision, mission and objectives.
- Explain the key functions for one of the chosen organisation, using organisational chart to show the functions interrelate and explanations of how they link to the organisational objectives and structure.
- Use supportive material such as blogs, news bulletins, stakeholders reports, YouTube, Twitter and academic articles , Textbooks etc.
- Use PESTLE analysis, identify and discuss various macro environmental factors that highlights the positive and negative impacts with the help of relevant examples of your chosen organisation.
- Identify the strength and weakness of your chosen organisation and how it influence the decision making process.
- Apply SWOT or TOWS analysis of your chosen organisation.
|LO1. Identify different types, size and scope of organisations.|
|P1. Identify different types and objectives of organisation, public, private and voluntary sectors and legal structures for the chosen organisation.||M1. Evaluate how structures, size and scope of different organisations link to the business objectives and product/ services offered by organisation chosen for the purpose.||D1. Produce a critical evaluation of the complexities ODF different types of business structures and the interrelationships of the different organisational functions.|
|P2. Describe the size and scope of a range of different kinds of organisation chosen for the purpose.|
|LO2. Describe interrelationship of the various functions within an organisation and how they link to organisational structure.|
|P3. Identify relationship between organisational functions and how they link to organisational objectives and structures.||M2. Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of interrelationships between organisational functions and the impact that have upon organisational structure for the chosen organisation.|
|LO3. Using contemporary examples, highlights both the positive and negative impact the macro environment has on business operation.|
|P4. Explain the positive and negative impacts the macro environment and supports with relevant examples for the chosen organisation.||M3. Use appropriate PESTLE model to support a detailed analysis of the macro environment of the chosen organisation.||D2 (LO3 &4) : Critically examine the impacts that both macro and micro factors have upon business objectives and decision making for the chosen organisation.|
|LO4. Explain internal strength and weaknesses of specific businesses and evaluate their interrelationship with external macro factors.|
|P5.Use internal and external analysis to specific organisations in order to highlight strength and weaknesses of the chosen organisation,||M4. Use appropriate SWOT/TOWS to justify how they influence decision making for the chosen organisation.|
|P6. Identify how strengths and weaknesses interrelate with external and macro factors for the chosen organisation.|