3 Pages 829 Words 31680 Downloads
How Agro-meteorological Can Support Response Farming & Protect It From Climate Change
Information about climate and weather plays a major role in the cropping season and if offered in advance it can be useful to inspire farmers to identify and initiate their own resources to reap the benefits. In this respect Agro meteorological is a mechanism that provides in relevant information to farmers to utilize the natural resources efficiently. In the agricultural plan it is very much crucial to supply information about climate before the starting of cropping season as it aids in to adapt the agricultural system with enhanced variability (Nyareza and et. al., 2012).
Research Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the study is to analyze the significance of agro meteorological mechanism in response farming. In this respect the specified research objectives are summarized below;
- To understand the agro meteorological system in agricultural sector.
- To assess the way agro meteorological system provides assistance in farming.
- To evaluate the manner in which agro meteorological system presents information to farmers about climate change.
In order to get an understanding in the area of study, some of the research questions have been formulated as stated below;
What is the role of agro meteorological mechanism in agriculture sector?
What are the several benefits that agro meteorological approach provides in farming?
How do farmers acquire information about climate change through agro meteorological system in response farming?
The main purpose of this study is to assess the significance of agro meteorology in responsive farming and the way it provides assistance about potential climate changes to farmers. This research has been designed to acquire an in depth understanding about the novel mechanism agro meteorology in farming industry and numerous benefits that farmers derive in through its advance predictions about weather conditions of an area.
Agriculture is a major sector for almost every economy especially for the developing nations, in which inter and intra seasonal variations in climate considerably impacts on the timing as well as effectiveness of daily agricultural operations that includes planting, weeding and reaping. It also assists in to determine the effectiveness of applications of numerous inputs such as fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides (Reddy, 2000).
Research Methodology section assists in to evaluate results of given issues with respect to particular area of study and it also refers about the research problems. In this section researcher utilizes diverse solutions to given issue from different sources.
- Research Paradigm :-It is mainly of two types i.e. explorative and descriptive that depicts information and method to carry out a research. Descriptive research is used to define traits of a population or phenomenon that need to be studied and precisely gives attention on answering the questions.
- Research Approach :-It is a method that produces in novel wisdom or deepens the understanding about particular topic and it includes in experimental and logical approaches to establish a new theories or confirm facts. It is mainly of two types i.e. deductive and inductive.
- Research Philosophy :-It reflects about the systematic search for wisdom, values, existence, mind, reason and language. Research philosophy needs an open mind to order to frame new and existing mysteries. Research philosophy is being divided into two main types i.e. Interpretivism and Positivism.
Books and Journals
- Adunga, E., 2013. Factors influencing income level of (agro-) pastoral communities. International Journal of Social Economics, 40(3), pp.207 – 219.
- Attri, D. S. and Rathore, S. L., 2011. Challenges and Opportunities in Agrometeorology. Springer.
- Backer, E. and et. al., 2009. Assessing the ecological soundness of organic and conventional agriculture by means of life cycle assessment (LCA): A case study of leek production. British Food Journal, 111(10), pp.1028 – 1061.
- Datta, K. R., 2000. Advances in Tropical Meteorology: Meteorology and National Development : Proceedings of the National Symposium TROPMET-93 Organised by the Indian Meteorological Society at New Delhi from March 17-19, 1993 with the Theme meteorology and National Development. Concept Publishing Company.
- Holden, M. N. and Ortiz, C. M., 2003. Agrometeorological Aspects of Organic Agriculture : Urban Agriculture : Indoor Agriculture : Precision Agriculture. World Meteorological Organization.
- Mavi, S. H. and Tupper, J. G., 2004. Agrometeorology: Principles and Applications of Climate Studies in Agriculture. CRC Press.
- Medugu, N. I. and Majid, R. M., 2008. A comprehensive approach to drought and desertification in Nigeria: A brief evaluation of government policies. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal, 19(6), pp.690 – 704.