Being a team leader an induction of staff is performed and a presentation is being performed so as to perform induction of new support staff.
- Description of safety legislation along with group poster on health.
- Preparation of risk assessment report.
- Reflection of own awareness of health, safety according to a leader's role
Health and safety in the health and social care are considered as two essential aspects that needs to be maintained for achieving an effectiveness in the processes and operations of the system (Donham and Thelin, 2016). There is enormous number of factors involved in health and social care that throws an impact on the processing of the operations. Some factors throw a positive impact whereas some throw a negative one. So, for making modifications and improvements on the negative factors or the ones that are quite ineffective and needs some sort of modification, it can be done by involving some procedures and techniques. The report is about discussing the impact of risk assessment on providing an efficient rate of care to patients. In addition, the impact of relevant aspects of the health care has also been involved in the report. It also discusses about effectiveness of the policies and procedures on system of the processes of the health and social care.
Planning for care of patients by risk assessment
Risk assessment is considered as a process in which the risks and issues that may throw an impact on the operations and services related to provide support and care to the patients can be analysed. This is considered as one of the essential steps because a pre risk assessment can help in involving preventive measures so that specified risks can be prevented. Risk assessment helps in providing a variety of factors that can help in planning for an efficient care of patients.
There are various steps that can be considered while the planning of a care structure for the clients and the aspects covered under this are discussed as under:
- For planning of providing care and support to the patients, a pre risk assessment can actually help. It is because the first step of the risk assessment is to identify the risks. Preventive measures can be involved only if risks and barriers are clear enough. Without a pre analysis of the risks, one cannot make involvement of the preventive ways. Identification of risks by various means is important enough, so some factors that might act as a challenge while providing care to the patients should be analysed (Chrisopoulos, Harford and Ellershaw, 2016).
- After analysing the risks, ways for mitigating same can be termed as the next stage that can help in providing better range of care. Therefore, the practitioners can ensure the fact to make involvement of the factors and ways so that it can be reduced or excluded completely (Lewis and West, 2014.).
- Then, making a proper record of the risks analysed and ways involved for mitigating the risks should be done. It is because for any further complications, it can be checked and then on that basis, the further processing can be continued. A proper document should be prepared.
- After making a proper record, the whole risk assessment can be reviewed. It helps in ensuring that whether there are still some factors that still need some sort of modification or improvement (Arbury and Hodgson, 2017).
- It is considered as a very important step of the risk assessment. The management can also monitor and review the settings on a regular basis so that every single factor can stay accurate enough so that patients may have to go through any sort of complication. So, these steps of risk assessment can be considered efficient enough that needs to be ensured by the practitioners in order to provide an appropriate set of care to the patients.
Analysis of aspects of policy and its influence on providing care to patients
There are various policies with enormous number of aspects that needs to be ensured for providing efficiency in care for the patients. A very well known example of this can be considered as the holistic care. The actual focus of the holistic care is not to treat the sickness only by providing medications and treatments but treating the whole body. This is considered as an essential aspect of policies of providing care and support to the patients. Therefore, the holistic approach has its focus on all the essential aspects associated with the body such as the mind etc. There are holistic nurses for providing an effective range of holistic care. The environment that aspect focuses upon involves mind, soul, emotions etc. It throws a very positive impact on the process of providing care to the patients (Yonker, Zan and Kinane, 2015). Therefore, many times there are people who have issues with their personal or professional lives and because to these reasons only, they feel stressed enough. Therefore, there are various factors that act as responsible in causing issues and complications in life. This also affects the behaviour and lifestyle of the person to a huge extent. This affects the mental ability to a huge extent and can also lead the person to stress. Therefore, holistic approach is considered as one of the effective ways that can be involved in order to provide some sort of relief to the internal factors that are not well. This is one of the essential aspects of this approach that rather than providing treatments and medications for treating illness of the patient. Although along with treating the mind and the soul, it can also help in making further improvements in the life of person so that there can be some improvements in the health as well as lifestyle of the person. This leads to an efficiency of care to patient. So, the aspect can be considered while providing an efficient set of care and support to the child.
You may also like:
Marketing Techniques and Principles of Gill Wing
Impact of non compliance for health and safety legislation
There are various laws, legislations and policies that have been provided by the government in order to ensure that a proper set of care is being provided to patients. However, non-compliance of these laws and legislations has also been measured in various health care organisations. Therefore, it is important that the health and social care centres should ensure that there are some specific impacts of the same.
As one of the legislations that have been involved is the Equality Act 2010, which considers the fact that there should be no racism or discrimination with any patient or staff member in the health and social care. It is because when a person is admitted in the health care, environment differs and for sure throws a very negative impact on the mental stability of the person (Braithwaite, Wears and Hollnagel, 2015). Therefore, it should be ensured that there must be no discrimination with person.
The law states that if anyone found guilty in this act, they may have to pay huge amount of penalties and also, the punishment can lead to the imprisonment of the person. In addition, another essential policy is considered as Health and Safety Act 1974 which considers a fact that it is the responsibility of the health care to provide proper services and support when some employee is not well or is under any sort of urgency etc. It is because this is the responsibility of health care to provide proper support and attention to person that time. These laws have been made by the government in order to ensure that all processing is done in an effective way and also, it will be able enough to throw a positive impact on all other operations and processes.
If some health care fails in providing it and because of that, some patient has to face major complications then the authority of hospital may have to pay huge amount of penalties etc. Therefore, the impact of non-compliance can be negative on the patients as well as on processing of the operations.