Analysis of concepts and principles of development of self skills and knowledge.
- Identification of skill set and capabilities.
- Description of personal reflection within the project.
This report presents a reflection on personal skill-set and knowledge related to a business plan which is Opening of a Cake Shop “Sweet Moments in London Bridge”.
It identifies the personal skills and demonstrates awareness concepts connected to Sweet Moments. This report also identifies various employable skills needed to complete business plan. The reflection is in context to skills and knowledge related to marketing process used in the completion of the business plan. Effective concepts and principles for developing self-skills and knowledge will be also demonstrated in the present report.
TASK 1: Identification of personal skills-set and knowledge
During my work in the group presentation, I was very fortunate to learn various sides of a business plan project. Working in a group was a challenging task for me but I managed to work well and accomplish the task. During the group presentation, I did an important part that was management process marketing. Marketing is an essential element for each and every business or organizations. It is process of promoting products or services delivered by an organization. I am a student with a field of marketing, so it was helpful for me to complete my part in the group project, I had knowledge regarding Business plan and marketing which supported me in completing the presentation with my group members. I identified various skills-set knowledge in myself relevant to the project while completing the presentation(Li and et.al,2016).
- Team working skills – While working in a group presentation, I identified effective team working skills in myself. It is important to be a team worker in a team or group to complete a specific task or project. I identified that I can work effectively in a group or team. Understanding the working style and culture of others as well as working in coordination were my major skills as I identified in this business plan project.
- Communication skills – Another important skill I identified was my effective communication. I was effective in interacting or communicating with other group members in the presentation. It was easy for me to understand and convey my thoughts to other member in the group in completing the presentation. I also identified that I have a good command over English which was necessary in completing the presentation(Azadifar and et.al, 2017).
- Marketing skills – I was working on management of marketing process in the group presentation, while completing my part I found out that I have a good knowledge of marketing principles and process used in a business plan. I ensured that effective marketing strategies are applied in creating a business plan for the cake shop.
- Presentation skills – While working in this project, I analyzed that there are some impressive presentation skills in me, such as I was effective in explaining my part in the presentation. I focused on communicating orally as well as using gestures which helped in making the presentation successful.
Task 2: Reflection upon personal skills set developed in the project
While working the group presentation I developed and learned various skills and knowledge related to a business plan. The identified that though I have certain skills I need to improve them and learn new skills. Working in the group project I develop various skills in myself such as -
- I learned new areas and principles related to marketing which were beneficial in promoting products and services of an organization such as Sweet Moments. In order to complete my part in the orientation, I performed effective research in the field of marketing due to which I developed my knowledge related to marketing and its principles as well as effective ways to use them in a business plan.
- I also developed knowledge about other functions or areas of a business plan, such as business strategy, pricing strategy, product planning, finance management etc. I learned and developed certain skills regarding every aspects or function of a business.
- I developed my communication skills, while working in a group I interacted with every member of my team. I learned new ways of communication such as gesture or communication with actions. I developed this skill while presenting my work in the group presentation.
- I developed my knowledge and skills related to business start up, while working in a project on Business plan I learned various important things related to a business. Developing an effective business plan for Sweet Moments cake shop I developed my strategic skills (Palmer and et.al, 2017).
- Team building skills were another skills-set that I developed and improved in myself, I learned how to work in coordination along with team spirit. This skill was developed by working with different types of people in the group.
- Research techniques – For completing and developing an effective marketing plan in the project I utilized many types of research tools and techniques. The research tools are effective in preparing business plan for any organisation or business, these tools helps in making a successful business strategy for generating profit or revenue.
TASK 3 : Apply underlying concepts and principles
In order to demonstrate various employment skills in the completion of a group project, effective model of reflective cycle can be applies such as the Gibbs Model of reflective cycle. The Gibbs's reflective cycle is an important tool utilized by various professionals for examples employees in health care, education, leadership position or any other business. The Gibbs reflective sector is applied on my previous work on health-care training and assignment. The Gibbs model of reflective cycle can described as below -