Assessment 1: Individual Power Point Presentation (1000 words)
- TASK 1: Examine the classification of computers and its applicability in real world.
- TASK 2: In current modern world, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to live and work without the internet. Detail the importance of Internet for an individual and business context.
- TASK 3: How businesses use Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Explain with an example, how social media has improved the businesses interaction with their clients and other stakeholders.
This assessment must address, and
- LO1 - Recognise and use frequently used Computing terminologies
- LO4 – Acknowledge the growth in ICT and use of the Internet and its impacts on business.
- LO6 – Identify the different stages of systems development
Assessment 2: Individual Report (2000 words)
Information Technology and its application is the demand of today's competitive business world. It is only save time and money but also enhance the productivity. It is an adapting method that saves costs in order to fulfil the demand of the public, which leads to emergence of the business technology. IT plays significant role in all aspect of modern businesses. In dealing with Information Technology, it cannot be isolated from practical programmes that concern understanding how managers and business owners can be helped to gain competitive advantage. The basic knowledge of IT nevertheless is important to increase the competencies in e-business, mobile technologies and project management, it also facilitates specialization in areas of career aspirations.
Choose an organisation in Retail Business and conduct Internet research on the organisation, together with an analysis of relevant academic journals to identify the role of Information Technology (IT) in the success or failure of the organisation. Your research should also include the reasons for the organisation to use Information Technology, the extent of its use of IT and its current status. Support your analysis with relevant and potential benefits and disadvantages of investing in Information Technology.
This assessment addresses:
- LO2. Identify ethical and social issues associated with Technology
- LO3 Distinction between types of networks
- LO5 Understand the role of Information Technology in Management