Understanding of various services and facilities provided by Travelodge.
- Examination of various services provided by rooms division in Travelodge
- Examination of impact of contemporary management issues for front office of Travelodge.
- Examination of factors contributing on business performance of Travelodge.
- Application of various techniques in order to maximise rooms occupancy in Travelodge.
Room divisional operational management is highly essential factor for the sector of hospitality which in turn helps out in enhancing the level of performance of the company at workplace. Major objective of this kind of services is to mainly regulate the needs of the customers (Lewis and Brown, 2012). Moreover, adoption of latest technology and tools are highly essential for enhancing the occupancy in better and effective manner. This in turn will also helps out in enhancing the level of profit. In order to have the better level of communication, it is highly essential within very kind of sector which in turn can lead to accomplishing aims and objectives of firm in better way. Company which is being taken in this report is Travelodge which mainly deals in hospitality sector within UK. There are various kind of factors which will be discussed within this report are like housekeeping and front office services which are also mentioned within this report.
1.1 Roles and responsibilities of a range of accommodation and reception services staff
It is highly essential for every kind of business which in turn can help out in performing the job along with roles and responsibilities which in turn can mainly lead to retain the customers for long period of time. There is a positive image of the company which can lead to having customers for a long period of time (Langabeer and Helton, 2015). There are various roles and responsibilities which can help out in level of performance enhancement within the company.
Roles and responsibilities of room attendants:
It is highly essential to have the hospitality sector to make the services which is highly impressive so that growth level of company can increase. In this aspect, crucial role in determining the services along with the effective image within the market which are being followed as roles and responsibilities for maintaining the level of performance which are as follows:
- Effectively follow all the safety policies.
- Effectively cleaning and prepare guest rooms within the hotel.
- Provide information to manager about its goods and services.
- Provide better customers services as per their demands.
- Update whole information about the hotel rooms.
- Provide effective and friendly services.
Roles and responsibilities of front office:
It is highly essential for front office which can help in consider for following the policies within the activities for having better level of management of operations in effectual manner. In this kind of aspect, there are various responsibilities which helps out in enhancing the front office.
- All kind of activities are being coordinated for every kind of activity for the operation sector.
- All the budgets needs to be performed in effective way.
- High level of security should be there in hotel.
- There should be all kind of records present within company.
- Effectively arrange travel and accommodation.
In this way, it is vital for Travelodge to find every one of the territories that are chaotic and should continue cleaning them all the time. This includes appropriate arranging and supervisors can likewise influence procedures through which they to can prepare staff individuals with a specific end goal to make clean rooms. Alongside this, conveying administrations to buyers according to their requirements and needs (Operating room pooling and parallel surgery processing under uncertainity, 2017). Staff individuals like orderlies, secretary should welcome customers in significantly more powerful ways. This may help lodging in upgrading their notoriety at commercial centre. Far from this, security concerns ought to appropriately be taken under by organization of this lodging so as to guard them and in addition secure.
1.2 Legal and statutory requirements that apply to rooms division operations
In present scenario, there are various kind of clients which mainly looks out for hygiene and security within hotel. Hence, it is highly essential for the Travelodge for locality all kind of acts which are being made by parliament for UK. By this , it can be made sure that the security and safety for both guest and employees as well (Ivanov, 2014). By this they will be high level of security and safety of both guests which should be mainly be considered by the hotel in better way. There are various kind of legal and statutory which are being utilised for maintaining the ethical environment. By this company will be able to enhance the level of performance and thus invite large number of costumers.
- Health and safety act, 1974: This act can be stated as one of the effectual act which is being followed out by safe and healthy work for its employees. This in turn gives helps in minimising the chances of creating any kind of harm. With this, there are chances of creating positive and healthy environment within the workers and the hotel where everyone will effectively perform the duties. This in turn will mainly lead out to give motivation to workers along with servicing customers as per needs.
- Data protection act, 1998: This kind of act is one of the most essential one which mainly helps out in securing the data which is highly crucial for employees. In this kid of hotel, workers should not misuse the data and does not share the data to others. By utilising this kind of hotel, ethical environment should be maintained which in turn can manly lead to retain the customers for a long period of time.
Hence, there are various kind of legal terms which helps out in maintaining the positive kind of image by delivering out the quality services. Along with this, there are the managers of the Travelodge which mainly follows the acts within workplace and this can effect the quality of services for gaining the competitive advantage.
2.1 Importance of the front of house area to effective management
It is highly essential for the hotel for structuring their office in such manner where it can attract many of the customers and give positive perception in effectual mode. There are various kind of activities which are highly essential in managing the entire level of activities in better manner (Turker and Altuntas, 2014). Success is being maintained by Travelodge which can create strong base of customers. Most essential part is the front office areas which can help out in influencing services.
Importance of ambience: There are numerous kind of strategies which are being made by the Travelodge which in turn can help out in.