Intentional vs Unintentional Plagiarism: What’s the difference?
Table Of Contents
A common mistake in our daily life can be forgivable, but not in your academic area; there is no chance. The typical blunder that every other student makes in writing is plagiarism. Most students use the plagiarism checker tool and make their text free from duplicacy, but others don't have the knowledge of it.
To know about the tool, you must know about both types of plagiarism. Plagiarism can be of two forms- intentional and unintentional. In some student's documents, duplicacy is detected by chance. But in others, it is on purpose. Procrastination and lack of time can be the two main reasons for students to do such stupid actions.
This blog includes an overview describing the major differences between both types to help you avoid such stupidity in your paper. So, read further for more information shared by the academic writers of Global Assignment Help for your assistance.
What Is Intentional Plagiarism?
When a student intentionally presents ideas, research, words, etc., from someone else's work, it will be treated as intentional plagiarism. It is sure cheating from other's work, which is penalized by the universities.
What Is Unintentional Plagiarism?
When a student by mistake forgets to give credit to the real author in their work and uses the quotes without proper citations, whether it is not intentional, it will still count as unintentional plagiarism, and students have to face penalties for it.
So, this is what unintentional plagiarism is. It indicates students to be double careful while writing facts and ideas in the main body section, adding quotes to the introduction and citing the resources at the end of your paper. These are the main reasons why your document can come under duplicacy. If you are still ambiguous and doubt what, how, or why, the further shared information will clear everything.
Here in the next section, we will discuss the major differences between intentional & unintentional plagiarism.
Differences Between Intentional & Unintentional Plagiarism!
The 4 major differences between intentional & unintentional plagiarism are as follows:
- Intentional plagiarism is downloading a file of someone else's work and making a minor change or two, and submitting it to the university. It is complete cheating, which leads to fail. Whereas unintentional plagiarism occurs when some people intentionally share a document on the web so that students use it in their paper mistakenly and get into plagiarism penalty.
- Intentional plagiarism is deliberately not citing the resources scholars used in their research. It will be considered as saying other's experiments their own. Whereas unintentional plagiarism is when students paraphrase someone else's work but do not know how to cite it in their paper.
- Intentional plagiarism is re-using your own idea, research theme, or work in the next paper. The university doesn't accept repetitive work from a student. Moreover, consider it plagiarism, whereas unintentional plagiarism is when students do not paraphrase someone else's idea or may use as-it-is without citing. Some academic tasks are acceptable with some paraphrasing, but it is essential to rewrite the information and cite the details well to save from plagiarism.
- The intentional plagiarism is taking other's idea or opinion as it is in your writing. It is strictly prohibited to use someone else's work in your paper, doing which can penalize the student. Whereas unintentional plagiarism is not citing the resources properly or skip some of the sources. This is the most common mistake of forgetting to add all the resources in their bibliography section that most student makes.
So, these are the 4 major differences between intentional & unintentional plagiarism. These pointers can help you avoid both types of duplicacy easily in your paper.
To ease your understanding of intentional and unintentional plagiarism, here is a comparison chart shared by our academic writers so that you won't forget to take care of all these pointers in your document.
Intentional & Unintentional Plagiarism Comparison Chart!
Here is a comparison chart to give you a short and precise differentiation between intentional & unintentional plagiarism.
Downloading & using others work as own
Failing to create writing in own words and unintentionally using someone else's work of "source"
Not citing sources properly to give credit
Failing to cite paraphrased information
Re-using your own previous paper
Failing to paraphrase properly
Copying other's ideas or opinions
Failing to cite the used sources correctly
So, these are the various differences between intentional & unintentional plagiarism that you should know and take care of. But the most significant point that you should know is, whether the plagiarism in your paper is intentional or unintentional, all will be detected as duplicacy and is a punishable offense. So, you have to avoid both types of plagiarism in your document.
But the main question that comes to every student's mind is how to know if their paper detects as plagiarized or not? The answer is simple- you can use the plagiarism checker tool for a better idea. The Global Assignment Help offers a free tool to the students. They can copy-paste or upload various types of files to get a plagiarism report, indicating all the duplicate text in it.
What Is the Best Solution to Avoid All Types of Plagiarism?
You should check your document on the plagiarism checker tool and remove all the duplicacy with its help. It will offer you features like unlimited document length, links to original sources, plagiarized percentage, supporting multiple languages, free plagiarism reports, ease of use and data protection.
So Don't Get Accused of Plagiarism. Instead, Use the Plagiarism Checker Tool Today!
You May Also Like:
Get A+ Within Your Budget!
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
- No Privacy Infringement
- Quick Services
- Subject Experts
- Innovative Documents
To Make Your Work Original
- Paraphrasing Tool
Easy to Use Paraphrasing Tool to Simplify Complex Academic WritingCheck Paraphrasing
- Plagiarism Checker
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Plagiarism report!Check Plagiarism
- Reference Generator
Get citations & references in your document in the desired style!Generate References
- Grammar Checker Tool
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!Grammar Checker
- Essay Typer
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic requirement!Essay Typer
- Dissertation Outline Generator
Get Structured Outline by Professionals for Your DissertationCheck Dissertation
- Thesis Statement Generator
Create the perfect thesis statement in just few minutes!Generate Thesis