Knowledge outcome -
Create an in-depth understanding of complex entrepreneurial challenges and opportunities, while taking into account external factors.
Intellectual / Transferable skills outcome-
Create an advanced business plan which shows criticality (independent thinking) in the evaluation and synthesis of scholarly literature and information to evaluate your proposed business opportunity, consider the external environment, and provide a measured risk analysis.
Individual Venture Development Proposal
Write a proposal explaining how you propose to develop your entrepreneurial idea into a substantial new venture.
The proposal must be based on the entrepreneurial idea in their group presentation & includes:
(1) Discuss the unique value proposition of your entrepreneurial idea &
(2) Examine, in detail, the development pathway that you propose to take with your proposal, taking into account at least one alternative venture development pathway.
Select & adopt a particular entrepreneurial perspective, for example
- A) As finance and financing leader/expert of the enterprise
- B) As the operations and operational leader/expert of the enterprise
- C) As founder-entrepreneur and CEO of the new enterprise.
- D) As markets and marketing leader/expert (i.e. CMO) of the new enterprise
- E) Other ‘C’ level perspective as is relevant e.g. Partners, Human Resources, International Development, etc.
Section 1: Introduction to your idea & its proposed development,
Section 2: Opportunity Formation, including a brief description of your entrepreneurial product, service, or organization process & an explanation of the process in which you formed your entrepreneurial idea (problem<=>opportunity<=> idea),
Section 3: Opportunity Development, analyses how you intend to develop your chosen product/service/process into a significant venture by drawing on features of one of your chosen development pathway perspectives, &
Section 4: Conclusion, where you reflect on what you have learned from your process of entrepreneurship development & recommend how your process of forming and developing your entrepreneurial product or service may offer useful lessons in developing other, similar products.
Following your Introduction (Section 1), a) how you formed your entrepreneurial idea and b) your perceived uniqueness of your Product (Section 2). (Section 3) by analysing how your chosen development perspective may support your proposed development of your product in the market.
While Section 2 is about the formation of your idea & its uniqueness,
Section 3 is about how you intend to develop it in the market (for example, as a border-less mobile app [Snapchat, Instagram] or national-international franchise [McDonald’s], a not-for-profit venture [Oxfam, Red Cross], or as a women’s only or ethnic enterprise) by drawing on one of three entrepreneurship perspectives of your choice. Section 3 is where most of the marks for this assignment will be allocated.