Your assessment will take the form of a 3,000 word.
You will be expected to provide the importance of individual and organisational ethical thinking and practice and that can implement ethical decision making. You need to show that you can think critically about the role of business in society. Further, you need to show that you have understand the way in which theory can highlight how ethical issues are viewed, but also the theory offers a guide but not necessarily the answer to practice. The assessment requires you to show that you have reflected on what makes an ethical leader and manager and what that means in the context of organisational culture.
Assessment into two parts with part 1 being further split into two. Read the requirements below and attempt all three parts.
Look at the following cases of businesses that have attracted attention due to some aspect of practice. You should choose the ONE of these that interests you and complete the following:
Write a brief report for senior managers at the case of your choosing. This report is written from the perspective of a middle manager tasked to outline the ethical dimensions of the issues from the case. Explore a number of factors including - Why should this be explored as an ethical question? How might the company want to think about the role of business in society? Outline who the key stakeholders are and in what way they are affected. You should include research into examples of how ethical choices impact on other companies. Finally, you should conclude with some recommendations for what the company should do
- For this part use your chosen case study – but this time choose TWO ethical theories and demonstrate that you can apply these to the case to show how your chosen theories lead you to a view on the ethics of the case.
TO: THE SENIOR MANAGER/DIRECTOR OF COMPANY (VOLKSWAGEN )
FROM: ABC123455, MIDDLE MANAGER OF VOLKSWAGEN
SUBJECT OF THE REPORT: NO PROPER CONTRACTS FOR WORKERS….
REPORT (WRITE IN THIRD PERSON FORM) -1200 WDS
- explored as an ethical question?
- How company want to think about the role of business society?
- outline who the key stakeholders are and in what way they are affected
- how ethical choices impact on other companies (where is there research that shows good choices benefit companies and bad choices have a negative impact?)
- Recommendations for what the company should do
Reflective style, own understanding (not related to case study)
- Introducing the report, the nature of the ethical issue and the role of business in society
- Identification of key stakeholders and the impact on them and examples of how ethical choices have dis/benefited other businesses.
- Advice and recommendations for Company emerging from analysis
- Applying two ethical theories to the case study
You can also check out:-