This unit state that you have to carry out critical analysis of internal business process and characteristics of organization including concept of Information governance in field of management.
- Design Literature Review of information governance and security
- Define role and responsibility of senior leadership in governing information of Proctor and Gamble
- Define use of information system and information technology
The Information management is a concept of collecting information from different sources and then providing that collected information to the one or more users of that information, this information is need to be managed. In this report we will discuss about concept of Information Governance and Information security and there importance in the field of management. Proctor and Gamble is the multinational American brand producing large varieties of consumer goods. It is a leading brand in the field of consumer related products, developed in the year 1837. The company holds more than ten subsidiaries holdings under it banner. With reach to the global markets of some dominant areas of the world(Laudon and Laudon., 2015).
1.1.A literature review of Information Governance and Information Security.
It is the vast concept in the field of management. The information governance helps in protecting the information of the organisation. It is a growing discipline in the areas of management because it helps in getting legal compliance, legal discovery and they include many things under it i.e. information security, data governance, IT management, audit, analytics, enterprise archiving, data storage and archiving and much more. IG helps to get management the protection for there information and help and leverages technology department to protect that information from the legal discoveries, external regularities. The IG refers to protection of information from it gathering till it becomes the business assets (Tallon, Ramirez and Short, 2013).
Importance of Information Governance:
- The IG is the crucial aspects of management as it is protected the every information of the management reaching from day to day information to the confidential matters related to the employees or the documents of company.
- It improves compliance and reduce risk:IG helps in improving compliance as it makes easy for the company to know what information is useful one and which will waste time of company. Also, when information is collected from the audit and analytics it reduces the business risk.
- Retention of employee information: The information with regard to the employees of the company there personal data and details like; phone number, address and other legal information is protected through IG.
- Improves the decision-making: Information requirement of large companies' is more than smaller and medium sized companies'. Now to gather right information will facilitate the proper and on time decision which helps organisation to get maximum benefits in long run.
- Maintain trust of customers: The details and information shared by the consumers are high confidential matter of company, as consumers provide there personal details like; name, address, e-mail address, etc. there is a need to keep them confined and sharing of them or leakage of such information may hampers the image of company. IG helps to protect these details in proper way and help firm to give better services to there customers and maintain there faith in organisation.
- Enable to reach the social media platforms and new information channel
: Most of the communication is occurred outside the walls of company these informations are generated through the social media platforms and the other communication networks like SMS, etc. if company has good Information Governance then it can apply tit to these platforms and can gain more irrelevant information with respects to there products and services.
- Relevant Information: The IG process helps only to focus on the relevant information that can be turned into the business assets. It is build on the concept of choosing and getting out the relevant information out of the provided data. This essential as the process deepens data provided becomes vast and necessary data cannot be sorted out of it which is only possible through IG (Ragan, 2013).
- Helps to get redress al of the queries: The queries which company gets in relation to it products/services it becomes the duty of organisation to redress it. The information Governance helps to identify the relatable question which needs to be answered by company.
- Better environment: When an organisation focus on the relevant information and wisely implements it into the action then it creates the proper and managed environment within organisation and it reduces the untimely panic between the mangers and the employees, it helps them to work with more focus. More-over when company keeps it employees details and information confidential it creates them the sense of protection and they feel safe and work towards the attainment of the goals and objectives of company.
The Information security refers to securing of information from unauthorised use, access, or modification, disruption or destruction of information provided any. It is done in order to maintain it integrity, confidentiality of the data. It can be done to protect either the digital or non-digital information or both. The Information Security is the tool and the techniques followed by company/organisation to protect it important matters and sensitive information which cannot be disclosed without permissions like;, undisclosed companies polices to other company or firm and undisclosed plans or strategies of company from there competitors and other important information (finedo, 2014).
Suggested sample: Know Entrepreneurial Ventures