Topic- 14451 DEVELOPING
Developing Skills for Business Leadership
Title: Project 1: Report – ‘Winning hearts and minds (2000 words +/- 10%)
This assignment should cover the following skills and learning outcomes:
- The knowledge about contemporary practice in proper managing, leading, and motivating others.
- The knowledge of proper techniques and practices.
- Their awareness of the crucial techniques in interpersonal relationship process.
- Their knowledge regarding techniques related to the practice of developing efficient decision-making and problem solving.
- How to identify critically themselves and the role of business leadership.
Suppose you and your team are assigned as management of change consultants to support them to introduce a fresh Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the firm operating in 2 various nations. There should be the different areas of focus such as: ethical or philanthropic with a awareness about implications for other bases.
- Select 2 nations
- Select a kind of business
- Choose a problem related to ethics or philanthropy/ charity
- Conveyance some journal research to find out different ideas on CSR
- Research various firms and see what they are pursuing in terms of CSR
- Made a fictional structure of company – name the company – made an organizational chart showing key managers/departments for each of your 2 counties. Involve the following departments: Operations; HR; Finance; Marketing plus others you think are important.
- Provide important features a ‘personality’ with their reviews on CSR.
- Made a stakeholder chart
- Utilize different theories/models to identify barriers to change and how to resolve them
- Develop your ‘Changing minds and hearts’ campaign for the firm to resolve any internal barriers and to encourage the new CSR values.
- Include timings (Gantt Chart) and costings.
The presentation should be of 15 minutes
- Nature of CSR practice or initiative, aim of the firm and need for the change.
- Ways in which the staff could take decisions at different places, power and influence you give to each of the country.
- Types of development necessary to find results. Is there any need to train the staff.
- The method and timing of the implementation support in determine success or failure of the venture
- What cultural difference do you foresee? How can you alleviate possible conflict or cultural miss-understanding?
- Financial and economic considerations which is an important and will have important baring on the company’s decision making
The report should be in 2000 words considering:
- A brief explanation of CSR of the firm.
- Why your group consider the factors and how your group’s research, reading and references from module-related topics have influenced its decisions.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the initiative: The company background-based research relevant rationale of the issues and choices and How you have linked your new strategy in your example to theoretical issue and practical issues.
Related Answer: What Are the Different Styles of Leadership Assignment