Study of ABC Security Solutions
17 Pages 4132 Words 17245 Downloads
Proper planning helps in carrying out the work schedule and thus it helps in achieving team objectives so that desired goals could be attained. However, devising a work group plan that helps in involving setting objectives and targets for the team. Thus, it helps in incorporating the team objectives within personal work plan so that proper schedule could be prepared (Ens and et.al., 2015). In the present study, working as project manager in ABC Security Solutions Pty Ltd. There are different units that needs to be completed and company has been hired to advise Southern Developments Pty Ltd which is a major property developer on the security infrastructure and resource requirements for major shopping and entertainment development. Currently businesses is involved and commissioned by the Port Philip Development Alliance. Report addresses to develop security infrastructure requirements for shopping and entertainment development “off the plan”.
DEVELOP WORK PRIORITIES
Clear work objectives at the individual, team and organisational level
Main work objective at individual, team and organisational level is to secure the building site area during developing stage. Thus, for this effective technical skills and management skills are required in order to ensure that team meets the set objectives. It requires 24 hour security, a gate house with one static guard during the hours of 6:30-18:00 Monday-Sunday and also one patrolling guard during 24 hours (Selvarajah, 2014). Therefore, proper security solutions need to be provided to the new building as it is constructed nearby sea area.
Developing contingency plans for a range of foreseeable barriers to achievement of work objectives
Once identifying the work objectives, there are different factors that need to be considered in relation to contingency plan detailing the risks that individual and their team faces while implementing the work plan and how they would manage the risks (Mundy, 2013). Thus, it is essential to identify the risks and prepare contingency plan so that they could deal with barriers efficiently. There are certain common risks that might hinder achievement of goals which are as follows-
- Competitive work demands
- Breakdown of Technology and equipment
- Budget restriction
- Availability of resources and materials
There are certain risks that could easily be avoided or quickly overcome with little or no impact on the set work plan. While, other risks pose a greater threat to team's success and thus you need to consider the result of inadequate or unsuccessful contingency plan.
Document the work group plan
Work group plan is being prepared that helps in determining strategic direction and thus helps in developing implementation plan that results in identifying measurement tools. It is significant for work group members to prepare a plan and thus work according to that so that set targets could be attained. Through such way it results in providing benefits and thus work group plan could be prepared in the form of document.
Scheduling software to set milestones and manage progression in the achievement of work objectives
The set objectives i.e. securing the building site area during developing stage and thus for this manager need to identify different software techniques such as CCTV, and other security equipments so that work objectives could be attained. Thus, it is significant for them to carry out proper scheduling software and thus set milestones so that progression could be managed in order to attain desired objectives (Carr, 2016).
Reviewing output and standard of work by asking questions and having people review their work in order to solicit feedback
Through reviewing the output and standard of work through asking questions and having people review their work in regard to gain feedback. It is essential for individual to monitor their own work performance in regard to conduct self assessment and thus obtain feedback so that desired results could be attained (Brady and Kennedy, 2013). The developed security plan need to be reviewed by different people in regard to obtain their responses in the form of feedback so that desired goals could be attained. Following are the certain ways through which feedback could sought from team members such as-
- Regular team meeting- It is one of the crucial way through which feedback could be solved and thus it helps in obtaining appropriate solution. Thus, conducting regular team meeting helps in solving various issues related to security (Brady. and Kennedy, 2013).
- Updates from colleagues and industry bodies- Also, obtaining updates from colleagues and industry bodies helps in solving varied issues so that desired information could be obtained.
- Newsletters and blogs- With the help of newsletters and blogs it would result in overcoming various issues and thus solve them so that set targets could be attained (Connaway and Faniel, 2015).
- Surveys- It is one of the most important way through which feedback could be overcome and best results could be attained.
Identifying the type and nature of improvements that may be required
Through obtaining the feedback from individuals it could be assessed that the type and nature of improvements that may be required in regard to obtain desired results. However, it is significant to assess the type and nature of improvements so that security plan could be developed. The type and nature of improvement required through obtaining the feedback so that proper security infrastructure could be build that helps in giving 24 hours security services within the building site area (van Oosterzee, Preece and Dale, 2013).
Researching information in areas of minimal or no knowledge to complete the tasks required
It is essential for security personnel to identify the main areas in which knowledge is required. Further, there are such areas as well in which no or very less information is being required. Thus, identifying such areas in which minimal or no information is being required to complete the task. Thus, identifying such areas such as education level of security guards etc in such area very minimal or basic information is being required to complete the task of planning security infrastructure at the site (Byrne, 2015).
Accessing information from various sources and documenting the information
It is essential to have accurate information in regard to assist staff to do their work in an efficient and effective way. Information could be related to any type of documentation or other relative information that may be considered as useful in regard to perform the job role or function appropriately. Thus, it helps in attaining desired objectives so that best results could be attained. Following are certain areas within which information could be sourced that are described underneath-
- Internet- Internet could be considered as an effective source through which information could be obtained. Thus, it is the best way through security personnel could obtain information and overcome security issues within site.
- Industry experts- It is also significant for security organisation to identify security experts within such field so that they could secure the place from any danger. Industry experts are considered as useful link that helps in providing information related to security industry and thus provide them proper assistance so that set results could be attained (DuFour and DuFour, 2013).
- Social networking sites- It is another crucial source of collecting information that helps in improving the security and safety of the place. Thus, it is essential for security personnel to maintain their documentation regarding social networking sites and get connected to each other.
- External consultants or other experts- It is essential for firm to communicate with external consultants and other experts so that they could give their relevant information about security and thus proper recording could be done (Ens and et.al., 2015).
- Meetings- Also, meetings need to be organised both internally and externally so that proper information could be delivered to informants regarding safety and security and discuss relevant information about the same.
- Peers and other staff in similar industries- Through developing meetings with peers and other staff in similar industries helps in providing crucial information related to security and safety so that required changes could be brought (Filho, Shiel and Paço, 2015).
There are different sources through which information could be obtained in regard to carry out the analysis of security solution within the site. It is essential to identify the different sources for which information could be obtained in terms of carrying out the results. Also, it is significant to identify different sources that could be used for future reference (Plint, Stang and Calder, 2015). Thus, it helps in evaluating the information and documenting the same so that desired needs could be attained. In regard to identify the different available sources that helps in carrying out desired results. It is essential for personnel to obtain reliable and valid source of information that staff could rely upon and thus it needs to be accurate and appropriate. It is significant that information need to be validated and verified so that efficiency could be ensured. It is as follows-
- Checking against older information- It is essential for personnel to check the information against the older information and then make suitable changes or modifications so that appropriate results could be attained.
- Benchmarking- Manager needs to set certain benchmark so that desired output could be attained, it is significant that setting goals helps in evaluating the performance and thus success could be attained (Carr, 2016).
- Matching up with different sources- It is essential to match the information available with different sources so that set targets could be attained. It also results in improving the significant outcomes and thus objectives could be attained.
- Looking for duplicated information- Individual needs to identify the valid and reliable sources through looking for duplicating information and thus obtain valid results. Therefore, it is essential for businesses to implement appropriate security concern so that set objectives could be attained (Connaway and Faniel, 2015).
Demonstrating understanding of what they do not know through asking questions on varying subject matter
Security personnel are required to understand the areas where they are required to know the questions regarding different subject matter so that proper planning of security could be done. Also, evaluating effective responses in terms of asking different questions on varying subject matter results in obtaining crucial information and thus varied questions have been asked about different subjects so that it needs to be addressed so that best solutions could be obtained.
Get Help in Any Subject
Our intention is to help numerous students worldwide through effective and accurate work.
ESTABLISH EFFECTIVE WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPS
Planing and conducting of meetings by the development of meeting agends and of meeting minutes
There are different ways through which planning and conducting meeting could be evaluated and recorded. Thus, it helps in improving the performance so that effective workplace relationship could be developed (Filho, Shiel and Paço, 2015). There are different forms i.e. meeting agendas and meeting minutes through which planning and conducting of meetings could be recorded which are as follows-
Documentation of the outcomes of meetings detailing participants and how the participants contributed to the project
It is essential to document the outcomes of the meeting in which proper details need to be provided regarding the participants and how the participants contributed to the project. Through giving such information it helps in raising the contribution of security personnel towards the project. However, within the meeting different agendas are being discussed and thus it needs to be reviewed so that participants could obtain appropriate information in relation to attain desired information (Payne, 2015). Main results of the meeting could be recorded so that it helps in identifying the contribution of participants to the project.
Instructions that provided the required results within the ethical constraints of this project
It is significant to assess that there are different ethical constraints that need to be identified so that security could be planned of the site. Also, different instructions are required to be obtained so that instructions need to be followed in order to obtain desired results. It is essential for all the stakeholders to make effective relationship and thus develop appropriate system in relation to gain and maintain trust among each other (Bamford, Wong and Laschinger, 2013).
Documented meetings, demonstrated other confidence in their ability to provide and receive information and commitment
It can be evaluated that through documented meetings, demonstrated other confidence that with the help of organizing meetings it helps in obtaining different information so that issues related to IT could be identified. Also, it helps stakeholders to obtain confidence so that it results in developing an effective relationship that helps in maintaining trust and confidence. Thus, it is significant in relation to provide and receive information and commitment from stakeholder so that documents could involve all the essential information.
Conducting of minuted meetings, their ability to develop a network arrangement to facilitate the completion of their project
With the help of preparing minuted meetings it helps in developing a network arrangement so that it facilitate the completion of security infrastructure project. Thus, it is the best way through which network arrangement could be done and thus it facilitates the completion of their project. Also, it provides different information that results into arranging proper targets. Developing a proper network arrangement which helps in completing the project so that appropriate targets could be attained. Also, it is significant to obtain appropriate results in the form of conducting the minuted meetings so that it could result in developing proper network arrangement.
Documentation of processes that they would use to manage conflict and poor work performance within business
It is essential to prepare different document that involves information related to manage conflict and poor work performance within firm. Thus, it is significant for security personnel to identify the issues and record the same so that conflict among individuals as well as poor work performance could be evaluated. It is significant to manage conflict and poor work performance within firm so that performance could be carried out in an effective way. Information needs to be involved regarding conflict management and poor work performance within business so that documents regarding such processes should be carried out (Ens and et.al., 2015).
Legislative requirements that they must work within to resolve issues that they may encounter in the project
Project manager requires taking corrective actions so that legal issues could be solved. Thus, it helps in evaluating the issues and thus encounter within the project in regard to resolve the issues and obtain desired outcomes. Proper laws and regulations need to be identified so that it could help in resolving the issues and thus encounter to the course of project. It is the best way through which legislation could help in reviewing the wok and thus provide appropriate security solution so that desired results could be attained.
IMPLEMENT EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION TECHNIQUES
Ability to conduct documented meetings and briefings
Conducting document meetings and briefings is crucial and for that appropriate communication could be done. Thus, it is the best way through which recording of meetings and briefings is being done so that information could be provided to individuals for workplace safety. Also, the meetings and briefings are being conducted in a proper manner so that culturally and socially acceptable relationship could be build (Selvarajah, 2014). It could be assessed that once information could be sourced it helps in making crucial decision making so that best results could be attained. Through making effective decisions it helps in collecting appropriate data and analyse them in relation to interpret the information provided and thus set objectives could be attained (DuFour and DuFour,2013). It could be assessed that the social diversity of the people receiving the information could have an impact on how the information is received. It involves different factors that could be taken into consideration such as-
- Cultural sensitivity to issues- It is significant to undertake cultural sensitivity and thus identify the issues related to this so that it could be solved and thus appropriate results could be attained (Ens and et.al., 2015).
- English and grammar skills- Also, such skills impacts upon the people in regard to receive information so that appropriate outcomes could be attained.
- Religious sensitivity issues- It could also have impact upon religious sensitivity and therefore it could impact upon the performance of work group (Filho, Shiel and Paço, 2015).
Use of computers, email and phone
It is essential to use computer, e-mail and phone for communication and thus develop effective relationship and workplace safety so that appropriate results could be attained. Further, with the help of such tools, businesses are required to communicate in an easy manner and thus develop workplace safety and security.
Type of communication techniques they would use
There are different types of communication techniques such as written, verbal and non verbal so that information could be shared with each other in an effective way. Here, verbal and written form of communication techniques are being used in regard to provide proper security instructions so that effective outcomes could be attained (Mundy, 2013).
Presentation of findings to audience
Here, the presentation of findings to audience results in evaluating that it is the best way through which audience could understand the main reasons of security. Also, the use of effective communication results in providing crucial information to audience. Following are the different considerations that needs to be kept in mind when communicating information and ideas to ensure that it is appropriate to the cultural and social diversity of audience which are discussed underneath-
- Active listening- It is an effective communication information that helps in ensuring ideas so that cultural and social diversity of audience could be identified. Individual is required to become an active listener so that they could understand the needs of speaker and obtain desired results (Langmore, 2013).
- Control of tone of voice and body language- Also, it is essential to control of tone and body language so that effective communication could be done.
- Two way communication- It is essential for individual to carry out two way communication so that individual could listen and speak carefully (Mundy, 2013).
- Use of positive, confident and cooperative language- It is essential to develop effective communication technique so that it should be positive, confident and cooperative that assist individual to help them and attain success (Mishra and Mohapatra, 2014).
Assessment of their communication techniques
It is significant to identify that communication techniques could be assessed so that effective results could be attained. Here, written and verbal form of communication are being used so that it helps in assessing the techniques so that each and every individual could be communicated (Langmore, 2013).
Documentation of processes that they would use to manage conflict and poor work performance within firm
Different processes is being used in regard to manage conflict and poor work performance within firm. It is because there are different processes that is being used in regard to manage conflict and poor work performance so that appropriate results could be attained at the time of planning security infrastructure.
Legislative requirements that they must work
There are different legislative requirements that needs to be followed in regard to work within the organization and thus resolve the issues so that project could be completed. Therefore, through following appropriate rules and regulations results in accomplishing the targets (Carr, 2016).
COORDINATE BUSINESS RESOURCES
Understanding the site requirements documenting the type of manpower and equipments that will be required
It is essential for individual to understand the site requirements and thus then determine the site requirements and manpower planning so that appropriate results could be attained. Also, it is significant to understand the use of equipment and thus it will be use in regard to carry out effective understanding to plan proper security infrastructure of the site (Brady and Kennedy, 2013).
Costing resources to establish the cost
It involves different resources through which costing is being done therefore, it is essential for firm to identify the cost of the project. With the help of adopting effective costing tools that helps in identifying the cost of the security project and thus obtain desired results.
Using a computer and photocopier to prepare and present information
Both computer and photocopier methods are crucial and thus it helps in preparing and presenting information. It will help in recording the information for long time and thus ensures in recording data for long term (Byrne, 2015).
Use of checklist to determine the most appropriate resources and suppliers of resources
Checklist method is considered as the most useful and thus it helps in determining the most crucial resources as well as suppliers of resources. With the help of such method it results in identifying the appropriate resources so that proper record could be maintained as well as identify the suppliers of resources who are supplying raw material so that desired results could be attained.
Get Free Turnitin Report 100% ACCURATE & FREE
Developing asset register
Here, asset register is being developed in regard to maintain the record of the receivables and expenditures. Through maintaining proper asset register it involves use of excel spread sheet or acquired application so that information could be recorded appropriately.
Monitoring the use of equipments using an asset register
Asset register helps in carrying out effective monitoring so that it uses such equipments in regard to make the security of infrastructure possible. Also, through carrying out proper monitoring at the time of using equipments it helps in maintaining asset register so that records could be maintained effectively and efficiently (lint, Stang and Calder, 2015).
Developing a roster
It is essential for individual to carry out roster management so that proper recording or planning could be done in terms of showing turns of duty or leave for individuals or groups within firm (Payne, 2015).
Developing a budget
Budget is being prepared in regard to calculate expenses and determining the income. Also, it is essential to record savings as well as spending so that progress could be track in an effective way (Bamford, Wong and Laschinger, 2013).
It can be concluded from the study that different resources are being identified in regard to improve the work priorities. With the help of using effective security tools and techniques it helps in maintaining proper security infrastructure.
- Bamford, M., Wong, C. A. and Laschinger, H., 2013. The influence of authentic leadership and areas of worklife on work engagement of registered nurses. Journal of nursing management. 21(3). pp.529-540.
- Brady, L. and Kennedy, K., 2013. Curriculum construction. Pearson Higher Education AU.
- Byrne, C., 2015. Religion, the elephant in the Asia-focused Australian school room. Issues in Religion and Education: Whose Religion?. p.257.
- Carr, A., 2016. Issues in Australian Foreign Policy January to June 2016. Australian Journal of Politics & History. 62(4). pp.592-607.
- Connaway, L. S. and Faniel, I. M., 2015. Reordering Ranganathan: Shifting User Behaviours, Shifting Priorities. SRELS Journal of Information Management. 52(1). pp.3-23.
- DuFour, R. and DuFour, R., 2013. Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work TM. Solution Tree Press.
- Ens, E. J. and et.al., 2015. Indigenous biocultural knowledge in ecosystem science and management: Review and insight from Australia. Biological Conservation. 181. pp.133-149.
- Filho, W. L., Shiel, C. and Paço, A. D., 2015. Integrative approaches to environmental sustainability at universities: an overview of challenges and priorities. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences. 12(1). pp.1-14.
- Langmore, J., 2013. Australia's Campaign for Security Council Membership. Australian Journal of Political Science. 48(1). pp.101-111.
- Mishra, N. K. and Mohapatra, M., 2014. Policies and priorities for healthier sustainable water management in river basin cities of developing countries. The Journal of Community Health Management. 1(1). pp.56-66.