The hospitality sector provides most crucial and important services in all the national, with the international tourism in travel industry and it helps in large part in economy. Kindly do answer all the learning outcomes mentioned below.
- Elaborate role of hospitality industry as in travel and tourism sector
- Explain the impact made in integration with all hospitality industry
- Plan proper development of the hospitality businesses
The hospitality sector render essential and most crucial service rin the national.international tourism and travel industry comprises of large part in economy (Biederman and Biederman, 2008). In this sector, it concludes all type of businesses that provides the facility for accommodation travellers and tourists when they travel in their choosing destinations. In the present era, this sector has gained more importance for handling those people who travel from place to place for their entertainment purpose. There are some businesses for example leisure, restaurants, hotels, bars and many more. In this report, it describes the interrelationships in between hospitality and wider travel as well as tourism businesses. Furthermore, various implications of integration to this hospitality sector will be assessed. Lastly, it covers that how integration has affected a hospitality organisation.
1.1 Interrelationships between hospitality and wider travel and tourism businesses
Hospitality is a wide group of business that serves customers. They provide services to satisfy the customers. This provides employment to a wide sector of people. This industry is also supported by tourism industry (Crotts, Mason and Davis, 2009). Hotels are employing people to improve the quality of their services. They are two industry with similar scope. These industries operate under strict guidance of law. It is mandatory to follow each rule and regulation. Tourism is an activity done for enjoyment. People like visiting new place. They like discovering unfamiliar things. Hospitality provides services for accommodation and food. They look around comforts of people. Industries offer people to experience new places beside their usual environment. These industries operate under legislation. Agent provide customers with relevant information. They require strong management skills. People purchase services when they go for travelling (Ozturk, Yayli and Yesiltas, 2008). They offer complete package to customers. Here are some similarities between tour and travel industry.
Take assignment help from expert writers
- Hospitality and tour are closely related to each other. Hospitality industry provide convenient arrangement for stay, they practice transportation services and also offer food facility. Tourism is activity in which people make journey to desired place. They want to experience new destination. While travelling people take advantage of food and transportation. Hospitality industry support tourism industry. They provide their customers with enjoyable and comfortable services. They are responsible for providing healthy food to customers (Litvin, Goldsmith and Pan, 2008). Safety and security of people are assured by them. Industry perform according to rules and regulation mentioned under law. Tourism is very important industry in economy. They provide special training to their chef to maintain hygiene of food.
- Working conditions in hospitality industry is very high. They work for long duration. Chef carrier is highly rewarded, because this give opportunity to fully utilise their potential. If tourist do not get right place for accommodation, tourism industry will go down. Both industry are very important for each other (Xiang and Gretzel, 2010). Travel industry is built on a fact that people like to go for vacations and enjoy there holidays, and if people travel to different place they will need hotel to stay and food to eat. Effectiveness of one industry lie with performance of other industry.
- Main concept of both industry is to provide satisfactory services to their customers. They are concerned about choice and preferences of customers. In order to gain market, both industries offer attractive package to customers. Travelling is very common. Hospitality industry provide different services they require.
- Tourism industry offer place related to nature and natural wonders of world. People in rural areas do not get enough time to spend with their family and friends. To gain experience they go out for vacation (Thakran and Verma, 2013). They need place to sleep. Hotel industries provide them with room. They offer them food and beverages. This overall package of tours and travels make their holiday memorable.
- They experiment new ideas in order to provide their customers with good services. Hospitality offer convenient services, which make their trip memorable. If visitors are welcomed by local people, and provide them opportunity to experience local culture. People that come from other countries have problem in understanding language. Hospitality industry provide foreigner with individual that understand both languages. Communication of ideas is very important.
- Different events are held by these industries. They understand they cannot focus on all customers. Plans and strategies are made to target customers. Customers are divided in different market segments according to their nature and behaviours (Aldebert, Dang and Longhi, 2011). Tourism industry come with different innovative ideas to deal with each segment. They offer economy packages for middle class section. It is very important to understand demand of customers.
- Travel and hospitality industry require leaders as well as management skills. These industry target to deliver good experience to customers. To increase efficiency of these industry, they have office all around world. They offer customers service facility. People having any queries can visit office. Globalisation have affected working of these industry. People like to experience different culture of world (Boniface, Cooper and Cooper, 2016). They require proper management of activities.
- These two industries have different scope. They plan tour packages according to need and requirement of people. Tourism involve movement of people from home town to different cities and countries where as hospitality deal with safety of people. They both industry go parallel with each other. Different events are conducted to increase efficiency of industry.