- Concepts and principles of marketing the industry
- Role of marketing as a management tool is analysed
- Role of marketing mix within the travel and tourism industry is considered
- Use of promotional mix is analysed for travel and tourism industry
Travel and tourism marketing is consider as an very important functions in each company. It aid in encouraging services as well as products within the market. It is a activity of finding out demands and needs of consumers for achieving market goals (Battour and et. al., 2017). This sector of travel and tourism is one of most rising sector within the world as now a days peoples are very fond of travelling all over the world. It is a higher source of income for economy and industry due to raising a numbers of customers in the nation as they are in need of more tools of marketing. In this report, it is on “ Summer holidays 2019 to Spain and Turkey” in which they organise a research on marketing through surveys so they can rise tourism and travel within the country. This assignment is on First choice as they arrange the various packages of summer vacations to Turkey and Spain. The main problems which occurs in the assignment are linked to marketing roles, tools, concepts, techniques, marketing mix, promotional mix and fundamental principle.
1.1 Concept of marketing for tourism and travel sector
Their are various concepts of marketing that are applied by tourism as well as travel sector. It is undertaken as an function tool which are having various processes which are very useful while satisfying wants and needs, delivering products to valuable customers of organisation, exchanging and communicating in an proper way. It highlights certain marketing problems which are enhancing productivity and sales of the organisation. Their are several marketing core concepts that are linked to the sectors of travel as well as tourism which are useful in encouraging Summer holidays 2019 within Turkey and Spain:
- Needs, demand and wants : First choice should know what are their needs and demands of the consumers and try to accomplish them. They will do this by evaluating the choices of buyers preferences as well as taste they are giving services accordingly (Becker, E., 2016).
- Value, quality and satisfaction: Goods that will be given to consumers by First choice should be of best quality and according to buyers choice. If consumers are satisfying with the given services then only they will select their organisation otherwise they will get fail so they have to prepare for it.
- Products and services: First choice should tell their customers before about the services they are going to give as well as should ask consumers that what type of services they need. It will aid in rendering services according to consumers preferences.
- Market: This marketing concept aid First choice in understanding techniques as well as competitors so they can make plans in an effective manner (Buonincontri and et. al., 2017).
- Exchange, relationship and transaction: If a people buy their goods from seller in exchange of finance is known as exchange. All these goods activities are operating nicely by making a better relations between seller as well as customers. If products are transferred to customers are said to be transaction.
1.2 Influence of marketing environment on individual tourism and travel
Environment is having a strong impact within a working of enterprise. First choice is giving a summer holidays for various locations of Turkey and Spain. These factors of internal as well as external marketing are affecting the sector of tourism and travel are:
It is also known as micro environment and it involve different factors which affect tourism companies are as follows:
- Customers:They are the person who use the companies services. So it is the responsibility of First choice to understand consumers needs and demands.
- Suppliers: They are one who give product inputs. In the industry of tourism suppliers are those person who analyse customer conveyance effectively (Choe, Stienmetz and Fesenmaier, 2017).
- Competitors: Their are various organisation within the sector of travel that are giving same market services. So, First choice should execute some innovative techniques so that they should be different from others.
It is also known as macro environment. It play a very main role in tourism and travel sector due to components such as economic factors, demographics sector, political factors are affecting functions of tourism sector. During a summer holidays planning to Turkey as well as Spain by First choice should take care that they should follow all decided protocols of macro environment (Cvelbar, Grün and Dolnicar, 2017).
1.3 Factors affecting customer demand and motivation in tourism and travel
Customers play a very main role in enhancing enterprise prosperity. All the goods of organisation are made by keeping in mind about buyers. First choice organise research of market to analysed those factors which aid in stimulating person to take their services from their company. Different factors are effecting consumers demands are as follows:
- Purchasing power: If they are getting goods as per their reach the she/he will definitely attract towards organisation. So, First choice should try to keep cost within consumer reach through that higher consumers will attract towards their company.
- Preferences and taste: Consumers can stimulate to visit places as they will get goods according to their dislikes as well as likes. If Spain and Turkey is one of them so First choice should provide offers accordingly.
- Economic situations: Consumers are get attract with the places which are having a economic situations better as due to places are having a bad situations of economy their goods rates are of high prices (George, R., 2017).
1.4 Principles of marketing segmentation and its uses in marketing planning
Segments of marketing can be defined as a procedure of dividing enterprise market as well as higher consumers into a small segments. It assist in increasing companies productivity. These segmentation aid organisation in analysing market and its plan in detail. Different kinds of segments affect firms are:
- Geographic segmentation: In this kind of segments, this area became a organisational barriers. It may be in a form of nation, state and area. Entire tour organiser of First choice should take care of UK peoples are comfortable. This aid in analysing channel of travel to various nations.
- Behavioural segmentation: In this, divisions are made on the basis of customers behaviours such as peoples have various beliefs, attitude etc. so, places choices should provided to customers according to their behaviours. Persons who has already used their services of First choice can again target for increasing their volume of sales.
Psycho graphic segmentation: This segments are divided on the basis of thinking, dislikes and likes of particular people. As firm will know their dislikes and likes of consumers then it will be easy for company to attract firms as wel