The aim of unit is to gain understanding of various approaches related to tourism planning, sustainable development, current issues and impact on tourism sector.
- Determine the rational for planning by International Tourism Consultancy.
- Critical evaluation of various approaches used for tourism development and planning by International Tourism Consultancy
- Develop need of planning for sustainable tourism
- Determine current issues related to tourism development by International Tourism Consultancy
- Provide understanding of cultural, economic & environmental impact of tourism in developing countries.
Sector of tourism is one of rapidly growing domain as it gives its contribution towards countries economy. It is due to applying of innovative as well as new plans within the sector of tourism. Sustainable tourism development is a concept of reaching customers at destination also made efforts in making a positive influence on economy, environment and society (Spenceley and Meyer, 2012). They are facing various challenges and issues for achieving goals of human welfare as well as sustainable development. These goals are linked with contributing towards economy opportunity, increasing living standard, influence on cultural and natural heritage of country. In this assignment it is based on “International Tourism Consultancy” company. This report covers sustainable tourism in Qatar destination as it is a developing nation as well as known for proper establishment of tourism and travel business. In this report, rational planning as well as techniques are covered which is helpful in developing the business of tourism. Their are different factors also like as environmental, socio-cultural and economic which gave a high influence on tourism industry. In this, effect of environmental, socio-cultural and economic on business within developing nations.
1.1 Stakeholder can benefit for planning of developing tourism
The tourism industry can meet success and growth within nation only when they are getting high support from different stakeholders involve shareholders, public and private sector, management, government, investors, tourists, developers, operators, employee etc. by their help they take a support from them, tourism industry can meet long term as well as short term objectives of sustainable development. Applying of plan as per sustainable tourism aid in making a positive influence on economy, environment and society. An proper planning as per sustainable tourism which are affected by social return, economic and environment for industry persons. Contribution of various kinds of stakeholder in growth of tourism industry are given below:
- Government: It is an government responsibility of Qatar to formulate proper rules as well as regulations. Give them a regulatory framework which aid in finding out all aspects of tourism within Qatar. Government also need to make “ tour promotion brand act” for enhancing tourism industry within nation as well as attract high numbers of visitors across all over the world. In return government make high revenue from such business of tourism which invest in future for growth of travel and tourism sector as well as betterment of visitors and peoples.
- Local community: People who are living in Qatar are highly affected by tourism industry as they will get high opportunity of employment due to tourism sectors. Culture can also seen in different destination exist in a place Qatar in which local persons celebrate show of tourist and festivals is very much interesting in some activities. Tourism sector also aid in increasing living standards of local persons by providing opportunity of employment in transport and hotel as well as working as a guide to assist customers for visiting different places of tourism.
- Tourist: They are one who travel at places of tourist within Qatar with various aims. Some of customers visit for a motive of doing a research on specific sites as well as some visit for spending some time with friends as well as their family. The visitors can get different advantages by an proper services as well as policies given at tourism places which will be easy for them to visit at various places by not facing any issues. These all contribute towards growth of tourism business and countries economy.
1.2 Merits and demerits in tourism development and planning
Partnership of public private sector depend on cooperation within company which is working for local persons welfare and also for the growth of tourism business.
Public sector or government can also bring out benefit results to tourism industry by taking support from private tourism company. They together provide high efforts in solving issues or problems which restricts tourism sector to meet development and growth. Major benefit of public private ownership is that their main concentrate was on growth of infrastructure by which visitors can easily achieve proper services at the places of tourism. Therefore, Qatar government transfer heritage ownership sites to private company with a aim of managing all functions in an effective way so as to interest maximization as well as visitors behaviour. Solely government can not take proper care of thousands of cultural as well as heritage sites.
Ownership of public private also supports tourism industry of Qatar by maintaining its image of brand with a purpose of attracting higher customers each year within nation. They also provide the opportunity of employment along with local persons because of persons income as well as nation goes higher. It is an biggest benefit of public private partnership.
Qatar government also play a very main role if they are working in partnership by making some of rules as well as regulations for governing and directing the activities of tourism and also formulate an proper policies linked with managing each aspects of tourism industry, giving resources to private company so that different sites can developed for attracting higher numbers of visitors for visiting at cultural and heritage sites of nations along with that government al;so ensure that each company involved in business of tourism should get equal opportunity growth.
Their are disadvantages of public private partnership within tourism business which is linked with political situation of nation. If political situation of nation is not stable or they are facing crises in economy, then it will aid in not having proper coordination within private and public sector which harm Qatar tourism.
Read these samples
Strategic Hospitality Management
Benefits of Stakeholders From Planning - Tourism Development Qatar
2.1 Features of developing tourism planning at different levels
Tourist development planning
It involves programmers and practices which is made with a aim of developing the industry of tourism as well as aid in meeting long term objectives of sustainable. Main objective behind making a plan is to increase the level of satisfaction of tourists, Qatar growth in social and environmental, economical etc. Planning of tourism development can formulate at various levels are given below:
- International level: Making a plan of tourism in the international level is linked with managing a services of transportation which is easy for tourist to visit at various places within nation. Planning of tourism also involve marketing techniques and encouraging programmes which aid in influencing and attracting the customers behaviours and interest for visiting at various tourist places established in Qatar.
- National level: In this level, planning of tourism has been made linked with tourism policy and physical structure of nation. Planning of tourism at a level of national involve in investing legislations and policies for Qatar for growth of companies structure of tourism.