The objective of this report is to evaluate the importance of marketing for a small business firm as Seizers On in terms of developing strong customers and market base. In this regard, it is required for owner of Seizers On to analyze different areas through:
- Provide a clear understanding over marketing and its techniques.
- Analyze techniques of marketing that Seizers On can implement in order to identify their potential customer and target market.
- Evaluate the concept of e-marketing and its effectiveness in the business scenario.
- Provide an application of marketing tool and techniques in Seizers On.
Marketing is crucial business functions for most non-profits and profit making businesses. This is an extensive procedure which consist of development and design of products, research, consumer services and promotion. Functions of marketing require core tactics, strategies and principles such as consumer retention, marketing mix, promotion mix and research & development etc. This report is based on Seizers On i.e. family business saloon business which is planning to support and promote their business (Gordon, 2011). It will make assessment of marketing concept, research and analysis of market, e-marketing and numerous other learning through adopting techniques.
Marketing and its role
Marketing can be defined as the practices of organisation associated with services and product selling and buying activities. This consist of delivering, advertising and selling services to individual. People who function in the division of marketing to make the target audiences through using endorsement celeb, slogans, packaging and general exposure of media. This can be beneficial for operating not only business of Seizers On Saloon but also can promote their distinct practices significantly.
Role of Marketing
Marketing is one of fundamental segments of business practices which generate income, lead futures and create more consumer of business. Division of marketing is major key purpose of sales and marketing. This establishes and promote a business in their niche associated on services and products the business is dealing (Granitz and Koernig, 2011). Hence, the functions of marketing department assist in the following of business to Seizers On:
Build relationship with audience: Marketing create business awareness and their service along with delivering imputes which create audience interest.
Involve consumer: creating communication and interaction of consumer along with making coherent message conveyance, the company can innovate new ideas, competition, plans and strategies for consumer management.
Generate Income: The marketing division aims to creating revenues and widening consumer base along with creating opportunities which can make revenues for organisation.
Marketing Segmentation: This can be referred as the divisional practices to eliminate consumer into groups which are similar in certain manner authentic to marketing like interest, gender, age and spending habits etc. Numerous benefits of this techniques can be availed by a company such as better consumer demand serving, purchasing power absorption through differentiation of price, additional consumer group attraction, targetted communication, innovation stimulation, higher market share etc. (Brennan, Voros and Brady, 2011). There are several kinds of market segments which are discussed as below:
- Geographic Segmentation: Divided on the region and geographical area basis.
- Demographic Segmentation: Eliminate the market on demographical variables such as gender, family, religion, race, income etc.
- Behavioural Segmentation: Segmentation done over behaviour of audience, their choices, usage, preferences and decision making.
- Psychographic Segmentation: This line the audiences or consumer on the grounds of their lifestyle, personality and their traits or attitude.
Hence, Seizers On has eliminated their audiences and target market on the basis of geographical and demographical segments aiming over families and other fundamentals etc. There are numerous other marketing methods which are essential for operating these practices.
Marketing mix and application
Marketing mix: This can be defined as the set of tactics and actions which an organisation can utilise to promote their products and brand in the market. This consist of major four components of marketing mix such product, promotion, price and place (Green, 2014). Here are discussed these elements in context of organisation:
- Product: This is the initial elements that consumer scrutinise in regard of understanding their benefits determine whether investment should be done or not. Seizers On provide variety of service along with trained barbers, shower, hair loss therapy and facility of locker rooms etc.
- Price: It is important factors as this initially influence consumer whether the quality of products and prices are negotiable. Seizers On provide cost effective services along with numerous discounts offers such as family discount, Buddy discount etc.
- Place: Highest priority is set to marketing hair salon due to their assistance in determining cost and direction. Seizers On has successfully deployed its business in colleges and basic street of UK (McClements, 2015).
- Promotion: It is concentrated on the techniques utilise to create awareness among people to service delivered through hair salon. Organisation use newspaper, TV and other social media platform for promotion.
Aims of research and market analysis
Marketing can be defined as the practice, set of processes, set of institution or activities for communicating, creating, delivering and exchanging offering which contain clients, consumer, society and partners at large. In order to create proper marketing analysis, this is essential for Seizers On to set an suitable aim which is discussed as below:
Market Research Aim: Seizers On is focusing over improving their market share and recognition along with evaluate their consumer group that is fundamental for business.
Market Analysis: Analysis of market can be termed as the assessment that allows one to set how appropriate a certain trade is for specific industry. This can be understood through evaluating current markets or trade in which organisation is operating their businesses which can help in identifying the market attractiveness detecting upcoming risk while operating functions.
Environmental Analysis: This can be determined into two major segments that are internal and external components. Extrinsic components, social forces, political issues,