Explanation of culture and motivation within organisation is being analysed.
- Analysis of culture, politics, power on behaviour of personnels.
- Evaluation of methods to motivate personnel.
- Demonstration to understand ways to cooperate others.
- Application of theories and philosophies within business context.
Organization have many staff members who can perform different functions and activities to achieve goals and objectives. Management can give proper and correct directions to all employees so that they can perform in better manner. For getting successful in the market, company’s managers have to keep an eye on behavior of all the employees (Ali, 2010). This is important for maintaining good communication and a level of coordination among the workers and their teams. Sports Direct International Plc., a British retailer group was founded by Mike Ashley in 1982. The organization is considered as one of the largest goods retailer of sports in the whole UK with over 670 stores in the whole world. In this report , organizational culture, office politics, power and its effect on the functioning of the staff as individuals as well as in teams, motivation to the employees to achieve their targets and making of effective teams are explained.
P1. Influence of organisational culture, politics and power on the behaviour and performance of individual and team
Sports Direct International Plc. Is a worldwide service providing retail organization. The company only deals in sports products and it is regarded as the biggest retailer of UK. It has 670 stores all over in the world. For the company to be successful, it becomes the duty of manager to adopt a certain culture which is necessary for making better teams and to ensure removal of politics in office (What is organizational behaviour, 2017).
Organizational culture involves values and practices which should be followed by the employees while doing their work. It becomes essential for developing the social and psychological environment. Norms, vision, systems, assumptions, vision, language, location, environment, belief and habits are some factors included in this culture. The company comprises of the following four types of culture:
- Power culture: It involves distribution of power between the workers in the firm. This has a huge effect on the relation between workers and departments of the organization. This ensures that employees perform their tasks on the basis of the power given to them. Effective channelization of the power is necessary for the performance of the workers as individuals as well as in teams that lead the company towards growth.
- Role culture: Each of the workers in the company has different role to play according to their strengths. Manager of Sports Direct International Plc. has the job to assign roles to all the employees. This removes confusion of any sort among the employees. This increases the productivity of the firm and reduces the repetition of functions (Al-Zu’bi, 2010)
- Task culture: The manager of the organization has his main focus on the development of teams which help in finding solutions to complex tasks and targets. Benefit of this culture to the firm is timely identification of the problems and their solutions to improve the functioning of the employees and their teams (Ayyagari, Grover and Purvis, 2011).
- Person culture: Manager of the company also has the task to help each and every employee and support them to develop their skills and become more professional at their jobs. This keeps the workers motivated so that they can perform their best and have better coordination with the management.
Related Service: Best Thesis Writing Services
Organizational politics involves informal effort to sell their own ideas, influence the firm, increase power and achievement of other goals. This is done by the workers of the company to better their image in front of the top management. This proves to be a demotivating factor for the workers at Sports Direct International Plc. This prevents the hard working employees of the company from getting the appraisal they deserve. The effect of politics in office on individual and teams is as follows