The scenario of this report determines that senior management of Gist Limited have been asked HR trainee to prepare a report based organization’s employee management practices. In this regard HR trainee can consider:
- Evaluate the direct relationship between employee motivation and leadership style.
- Identify the positive relationship between individual behaviour and leadership style.
- Analyze numerous factors that can influence effective teamwork within Gist Limited.
- Demonstrate the relationship between teamwork and motivation within Gist Limited.
They will manage the whole supply chain of the company and they provide a supply chain for the manufacture, retailers in the UK. Gist Limited are established in June 2001, and the company headquarter in basing-toke, UK. In this Report, they identified the leadership style of that company. They are influence with different factor, motivational theories, Effective team work, relationship between team work and motivations.
Leadership style in the organization
According to company, leadership style is a way that the person has some power to lead others. It identifies that various types of leadership styles are available and it depends upon the function of leader. Some Employee has lack of ability to take a responsibility and decision making. The situation will help to identify the most effective interaction. There are different types of leadership styles which are as follows:
- Autocratic Leadership Style- This is the leadership style to hold all responsibilities and taking their decisions. They are communicated with other employees to understand the problem. In this type of leadership, policies, guideline all of an Autocratic Leadership style.
- Democratic Leadership Style- In this leadership style, they can hold the final responsibility. They were communication between upward and downward. It is not preferred as the leadership but they acquire some quality such as intelligence, fairness, honesty, competence, etc (Clarke and et.al, 2016)
- Strategic Leadership Style- The strategic leadership is one of the most important leaders that are essetial part of the company. It is the top leadership style to create high performance, handle team leader’s quality and taking some effective decision for company’s profit. This leadership style will deliver good quality of services that are helpful for the organization.
- Team Leadership Style- It is a challenging part of leadership because it will maintain the coordination in between employees. It can be developed a dynamic team member that would fullfill the requirement of customer. It is a creative job to handle employee coordination.
Rationale for the application of a specific leadership style
A leadership skills are unique approach to provide a right direction, implementing a new plan, creating a new strategy, motivational, etc. (Miner, 2015). A leadership quality is very important for any organization because Team leader control the whole team in an effective manner. The effective leader should always be in confidence to provide the best quality of approach.
Team leader has good quality skills to interact with the employees and innovate a new idea (Conley, 2017). The team leader has ability to learn new thing and taking right decision at right time. The good leader will always share their view points on specific topic. Honesty is also an important quality when they achieve their targets.
The communication skills are required for any leader because with the help of this quality, they will understand the requirement of employees. Team leader always put their efforts to create a strong team because some times, the team are not fullfill the requirment of custome, it is failure of leadership. Sometimes, there are many risks in business and this team leader will help to make good decision. Leadership has a credibility quality and people follow according to the team leader. It can be apply their skills in any situation and they are required for take the lead. They are giving an instruction to their team member and group of organization.
Evaluation of the leadership style of the company with relevant examples from the company
According to leading people can be determine in different ways, there are three approaches to defining the effective leadership quality as following:
- The Leadership quality can be used for enhance their skills and that are helpful for organization.
- It can be analysis in which the leader is dealing with the critical situation and this approach is the centre point of any leader and their behaviour of leader.
- As per report, they will handle the company operation and apply their new approach towards the business process.
Leadership is the ability to identify employee’s performance including their duties, competencies and deadlines. This organization are faced many problems such as lack of strategic, low productivity, target fails and these problems are directly affected the employee performance It is an effective organization that would have better quality of leader are present in the firm. They are using some efforts to solve the problem in very efficient ways.
Motivational theories relevant to the company
Business with the unmotivated people face many problem like low productivity issue and less turnover rates (John Wiley, Sons.Taylor, Psotka and Legree, 2015). There are many theories are help to explain the worker motivational and provide their best suggestion to increase their ability. This theory are help to improve the small business and productivity rate. In the 1960, Gists LTD proposed their own theories that related to the employee motivation and organization management.
These theories are divide into two parts: First theory avoid the work culture and did not like the responsibility of people. In this way, Employee need to follow all the rules and regulation (Maak, Pless and Voegtlin, 2016). Second theory, Employee are putting some effort to develop the new opportunity for employee and they will show their creativity towards the organization. These theories are important because they will improve the whole organizational profit level and increasing their productivity level.
Role of leadership in motivation
As per the company, they will find the new way to motivate their employee and encourage their productivity and satisfaction. Manger will help to motivate him and they provide the proper incentive, equal treatment. They can motivate their employee to provide the specific goal. The main role of manager to planning a new strategy that would helpful for employee to understand the need of client.
The Team leader understand requirement and it can be motivate to other employee in the company. These motivatation are useful for company profit. In this way, they can be balanced their work life (Fischer, 2016). As a leader, they must assess each employee responsibility and determine the motivations. Fairness is very important factor because the firm can create a fair system, benefits and encourage their employee.