The scenario of this report is based on digital technological practices that can assist in identifying its impact over business process and activities. These kind of practices are important for a business therefore it is required to analyze:
- Construct an aim, objective and timeframe upon the given theme of this project.
- Design a small scale research based on data gathering and information collection practices of Holiday Inn.
- Provide an appropriate recommendation based on findings of this project.
- State a reflection over performance of this project.
P.1 Aims and objective
Topic of project: The impact of digital technology on business activity; A study of Holiday Inn Hotel, United Kingdom.
BACKGROUND OF STUDY:
From over the last decades, digital technologies has been playing great impact upon business functionalities. It is considered that, technology has become one of the crucial part of each business sector. It enables business to reducing their over efforts on such business activities which consumes quality of times of employees the most. With the help of innovative invention and technological changes within existing engineering, Hotel industry in United Kingdom is getting advances and encouragement within growing their business at great manner. Numbers of digital technological instruments are growing rapidly by implementation of innovation and invention within them (Bryman and Bell, 2015). So Hotel organisations in the UK is getting help to completion of their day to day activities within industry in respective manner. Technologies help the businesses to easily functioning their day to day activities within smooth manner. Hotel businesses are making use of digital applications at workplace to working their daily job within quick manner. In this context, the following project will be assessed on the impact of digital technology on business activities of Holiday Inn Hotel. In the Hotel, there are several types of daily activities are being done by various functionalities of the firm. So each department require to regular utilisation of digital instruments which encourage them to complete their works with efficiently.
Apart from it, varied types of HR and marketing activities also being done by its professionals at daily basis, which is being done by them with using of digital tools at workplace. Operational activities such as, staffing, management and accounting, manufacturing, reservation, receptionist, inventory and waste management, for all of them (Drucker, 2012). Digital technological applications are assisting at workplace to delivering innovative solutions to completion of all the works. At the workplace, it being essential for making communication with each department, so digital technologies are one of the appropriate solution for them to getting engaged with each department in the hotel. In present project, relevant project management plan will be developed which covers, cost, risk, time, communication and quality of resources. Work breakdown structure and Gantt Chart would be prepared by the researcher that displays the series of activities and time frames of study. Further, research methodology approaches will be applied to execution of each works of the project within systematic form. Relevant data will be gathered by researcher on the basis of primary and secondary data gathering and analytical approach. After that, appropriate recommendation will be suggested by researcher to improvements within existing digital technology and performance level of firm. All theses approach will enable researcher to attain their desired aim and objectives on which the study has been conducted. Reflection will be provided by the researcher that would assist in understanding how research attain the targeted aim and objectives of the project. In this context. Following are the aim and objectives of the research project.
“ To assess the impact of digital technology on development of transformation of organisational operation and practices; A study of Holiday Inn Hotel, United Kingdom”.
- To get the knowledge of digital technologies nowadays.
- To recognise the influences of digital technologies upon Holiday Inn Hotel.
- To examine the effectiveness of digital technological instruments on the organisational operations of Holiday Inn Hotel.
- To furnish recommendation to the administration department for betterment in the use of digital technology.
- What is usefulness of digital technologies in Hotel business?
- What are the necessity of digital technology at Holiday Inn Hotel?
- What is the effectiveness of digital technology on the business operations at Holiday Inn Hotel?
- What are the recommendation to the management for betterment within existing digital technology of the Hotel?
P.2.Project management plan
From the above management planning, appropriate project practices will be performed by researcher as per project management plan. As per its framework, duration, budget, risk and resources has been classified by investigator to completion of each task within respective manner.
- Scope: After the completion of the project, management of the Holiday Inn Hotel would be able to ascertain the significance of digital technologies on the business performance level. Moreover, they will be able to implement updated and advanced digital technological instruments at workplace to raise up efficiency level of organisation.
- Time: The entire times of completion of the research project which is, 55 days.
- Communication: For gathering analytical data, the researcher will communicate with the management of Holiday Inn Hotel and employees in context of proceed further for collection of data and assessing the impact of digital technologies in their business operations.
- Budget: The aggregated budget of the study ascertained to be 2000 Euros. The allocation has been shown in the above project management plan.
You may also like the below sample:-