The report will be formed post identifying the HR function within Unilever Plc. There will be an assessment of the role and scope along with examining the function played under Human Resource Department.
- Explanation of the role and scope of human resource management in terms of resources and organization with talent and skills.
- Conducting an evaluation of the effectiveness of key elements of human resource management performed in Unilever Plc.
- Analysis of internal and external factor which influence HR decision making inclusive of employment and legislation for Unilever Plc.
- Application of Human Resource Practices in a work-related context.
Human resource management is a concept or function that deals with requirements of manpower towards organisation and expectations of corporation from employees. This is a set of activities which takes place when needed. Main objective and task of this department is to assess the performance of workers on regular basis so that gap between current and desired performance could get measured. Human resource management is a term that is liable for proper functioning in association by checking whether all people in company are doing their task in appropriate manner. This report is based upon Unilever PLC which deals in fast moving consumer goods industry and running its business operations in and outside United Kingdom. This firm was established in 1930 and has its headquarter in London. This report includes various human resource practices like preparation of job specification, analysis, description etc.
HRM Practices in work associated context
In order to complete all task and duties in shortest period of time without hampering quality of work, it is required from human resource manager that they hire skilled and talented person so that effectiveness of task could be managed. Main objective of any functional area of organisation is that they attain higher goals by putting less efforts so that high profit could get. In context to this, it is expected from HR department that it should hire those personnel who bring requisite skills with them so that newly appointed person could work in minimum or without training and development program. In Unilever company, there is a vacant position named as finance minister and human resource managers are searching for best candidate for filling this post and in order to this they prepares job specifications which contains all information that candidate must bring in association along with his/her new ideas to do that action correctively and creatively. Before filling vacant position, human resource manager should consider all laws and regulations which are introduced by government for providing security to worker’s right at workplace. Human resource manager tries to fill blank post by that candidate who does need training program to do all required task. There are some statements that filled by manpower manager of Unilever PLC in order to appoint a new employee. These documents are explained below:
Job Specification: This is an official document which contains all information that is related to blank position. All responsibilities and right are written in this statement. s
Creation of Structured Interview: Human resource manager should prepare some notes and should mark some points so that an structured interview questionnaire which manager could ask to interviewee in order to high person with best skills and knowledge. When a candidate is selected by a systematic manner then chances of hiring wrong candidates gets reduced and this type of behaviour makes accomplishments of all business activities successful and ensures growth also. There are some steps that should be taken into consideration while appointing new person in Unilever PLC. These stages are explained as follows:
- Preparation of effective Questions to avoid errors:- An appropriate set for questionnaire should be prepared so that extra point could be eliminate and this behaviour will reduce time and cost and association can attend more number of clients in same time consumption and cost. Main objective of preparing structured questionnaire is to ask all questions in most systematic manner so that skills and talents of people could be judge properly and best person should be tagged with vacant position.
- Analysis of Eligibility and Capability:- Once questions are set then next step is to assess all applications that are received by checking criteria that is et by human resource manager in order to conduct recruitment and selection program. If virtues and capabilities of candidates are monitored appropriately then this action will help in placing most suitable personnel to post.
- Fulfillment of Required Skills For Specific Post:- If eligibility criterion is set already then analysis and decision over a candidate’s specialisation becomes easy. Human resource department all wants to select that person who does need to get training program as he should be perfect in task accomplishment that is why Unilever company is demanding experience in same field.
- Verification:- When all of above stages are clear then that whom company want to get select would be verified by regulatory authority and main motto of conducting this function is to preventing themselves for any lawful act that is linked with new employee.
- Evaluation of Personality:- Unilever PLC sets some specific criterion for making selection over personality of a candidate. This is a less important point like is a person who does not possess this quality but have all other qualification and specialisation sufficiently then this candidate will get hire.
- Description of Company: This section includes all details of corporation. For example, name, founded year, location of headquarter, annual report of company, organisational structure, number of units, working hours and company policies.
- Joining Date: This section comprises that date from new candidate is about to join the association.
- Salary Structure: On which compensation and payment plan, a new personnel is hired and then it is required from manpower manager that he should assign work according to pay structure because this payment is made in exchange of services and productivity level of new employee.
- Minimum Working Hour: How long a worker need to work in a day or week and other must be pre decided so that future conflict could be removed. Prior decided work hours help candidates in deciding whether this type of job is suitable for them or not.
- Structure of Leave: A proper structure of holidays that Unilever would provide novel employees helps in attracting more persons for interview and company can select most fit candidate among numerous people and this action will lead in most efficient task accomplishment by reducing flaws and drawbacks.
- Signature of Higher Authority: Offer letter that is provided by association should be clearly signed by top management or higher authority who have all rights to sing an offer letter so that this paper of job offering could become more verified.
- Company Seal: Along with authority signature, company seal is must as it is a proof that company is alive and running its business operations. Company seal is required because this makes candidate confident about his new job in Unilever company as Human Resource Assistant Manager.
Go through this sample: Human Resource Management - H&M
According to above offer letter, it is clear that this statement must be prepared in appropriate manner as this is a official document that organisation provides to all candidates whom are selected for vacant position of corporation. This statement also comprises all policies and regulations of venture that a candidate or candidates are suppose to follow. There are some benefits which was offered by Unilever company to newly hire employee.
• Leave Structure
- • Take Home Salary
- • Job Profile
- • All facilities that Unilever is providing its candidates after hiring
- Evaluation: This is a last step of examining overall procedure of recruitment and selection that HR manager does in order to recognise efficiency of recruitment program. Below is Indispensable criteria of selecting a personnel:
- Ã¯Æ’Ëœ Performance Evaluation
- Ã¯Æ’Ëœ based upon Talents and Specialisations
- Ã¯Æ’Ëœ Qualification Level
- Ã¯Æ’Ëœ Sense of Humour
- Ã¯Æ’Ëœ Quality of dealing any situation whether complex or simple.
At last it is clear that all steps should be managed in proper manner so that best candidate could be select who should be able in enhancing productivity level without sabotaging quality of product and services.
Human resource management is a concept or function that deals with requirements of manpower towards organisation and expectations of corporation from employees. This is a set of activities which takes place when needed. Main objective and task of this department is to assess the performance of workers on regular basis so that gap between current and desired performance could get measured. Human resource management is a term that is liable for proper functioning in association by checking whether all people in company are doing their task in appropriate manner. This report is based upon Unilever PLC which deals in fast moving consumer goods industry and running its business operations in and outside United Kingdom. This firm was established in 1930 and has its headquarter in London. This report includes various human resource practices like preparation of job specification, analysis, descri