Human resource development is a helping factor which is able to improve performance of employees. It can build up organizational skills, ability to perform task and also their knowledge. The human resource development include training, career development programme etc. which are helpful to improve their performance and work quality as well. Every organization spend huge amount of money on training session of employees which is helpful to improve their knowledge and boost up confidence as well. Every company have identify basic development of employees and provide training to them according to their performance. Managers and leaders are have to use various types of leaning styles in order to improve their performance. The present report is based on sun count residential homes limited. This organization is provide accommodation to old age group of people. They have to use different types of leadership styles in order to offer proper training to them. The CEO of the company is responsible maintain overall performance of the company (Werner and DeSimone, 2011). You may also refer to "Critical evaluation of HRD Program"
1.1 Different Learning Styles
Learning styles:-Learning styles are those styles refer to different competitive theories that aim to different individual learning. The purpose of learning styles that people are classified according to their learning styles. Every people have a different learning styles. Many people are learn by watching others,and someone learn by tasks and some people are by themselves (What Is Human Resource Development (HRD)?. 2017).
- Auditory learning styles:- auditory learning styles are those type to people learn by listing . These types of learners to get the knowledge by what they hear to someone. Auditory learners are used their speaking and listening skills for sent information.
- Visual learning styles:- visual learners are learn by what they see . This types of learners quickly learn by what they see like tasks ,chart, pictures, highlighting colours etc. .visual learns get the knowledge from the computer, graphics, flash cards etc.
- Tactile learning style:- Tactile learning styles refer to different gesture,posture, and activity of hands. This types of learners use to hand activities,sense of touch,
Sun court residential limited provide home set of a beautiful secluded gardens accommodation for Old Age. The sun court residential limited use the different learning styles for their staff to learn better and for old age people to better understand
- Auditory learning styles:- sun court residential limited use auditory styles to understanding and learn what people says. This styles are use different ways of learning:
To listening others
use to speaking skills for sent information
- Visual learning styles:- the company use visual learning style to learn by see someone what they doing. In this company use different styles are use charts, graphics, pictures , flash ODF cards ,highlighting of colours to learn and understand what people say.
- Tactile learning style:-sun court residential limited use tactile learning styles by games. Use of hand activities to direct the people .in this type of style use more styles like; memory games , activity of hand ,role playing,patterns of the figures (Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017).
1.2 Role of the learning curve:-
Learning curve:- Learning curve is a graphically representation of learning experience. Two ways of learning curves are used a task to repeated a serious of trials and body of knowledge. Learning curves are used to identify the all experience from start to end the learning by a peoples.
- Slow beaning- In this stage company start learn about the learning styles and how to use the styles in their company. Styles are slowly working in this stage effort by employees use the visual style , tactile style auditory style.
- Steep acceleration- In this stage is a maturity stage of learning experience an to meet the goals
- Plateau- After the maturity time, effort, practices to gain the result. This is the last stage to gain the result about the learning experience.
Importance of transferring learning to the workplace;-
Learning curve is important concept of a workplace to improve experience in the learning styles for use in sun court residential limited to increase efficiency in use of learning inputs such as employees, material, cost of output and inputs by sun court residential limited.
According to sun court residential limited or its CEO lots of inputs to get the output over various the time, it learns to more training and learning styles with a given best quantity of resources and efforts by employees inputs or resources than before.
- Learning curve improve the efficiency of employers.
- It increase the experience of employees about the learning styles .
- Use the learning curve to increase the training of employees.
- Learning curve use to understand the total experience about the styles of individual.
1.3 Contribution of learning styles and theories when planning and designing a learning event:-
Learning styles:-Learning styles are those styles refer to different competitive theories that aim to different individual learning. The purpose of learning styles that people are classified according to their learning styles. Every people have a different learning styles. Many people are learn by watching others,and someone learn by tasks and some people are by themselves.
Contribution of learning styles and theories designing a event :-
Learning theory are used as a framework to developing the humane skills , performance and employees competency. Design a event organisation apply learning theories and styles according their needs , goals and characteristics. Company are use learning theories and styles for an event according their capabilities, need and requirements for employees and company. So company planning and conducting a event for the people adopted the suitable theory and style are verify and analysed according to their expectation goals and desire.
- Learning theory, styles relationship:- Learning theory use to understand the factors of organisation workforce. Keep relevance with the learning theories the different learning styles. To design a learning event design for meet the learning goals and meet the learning needs. Learning theory help to understand the learning types ,structure to meet the needs.
Use learning styles and theories when planning and designing a learning event to create a new challenge because change the origination structure according to the event for some time. managers try to choose an suitable learning theory and learning style for their employees are easily use the factors adaptability. The managers improve the level of responsibility. Managers design the event with fulfil l the factors and generate an a outcome devolving the human resources of organisation. Selecting the event style and design was good and relevant, maintain the performance of employees, clear objectives.
M1. strategies to solve appropriate solutions;-
To solve a problem use the 3 types or strategy :Brainstilling, Brainstorming, Brainstilling.
Identify the issues:-
- · Manager of Sun court residential limited should be clear the problem. And to know the different issues of the problem.
- · Understand the interests of everyone.
- · The Interests of employees needs to satisfied the solution.
- ·At this time active listening by everyone to put your differences and listen to each other with the intention to understand the solution.
List the possible options:-
- To create a list of possible option and tools and techniques to solve the problem.
- Sun court residential limited choose the suitable strategy according their capabilities.
Select the strategy- Select the type of strategy. Create a document to writing the all think, details and implications. Create an opportunities to evaluate the strategy and all implementation.
2.1 Comparing the training needs for staff at various levels.
Training play an important role in every business organization. It is a key element which is use to improve performance of human resource and improve their performance as well. Every firm having different types of department and every department require skilled and experienced employees. Through skilled employees organization can able to attain their corporate goals and objective. Managers and leaders have to continuously monitor the training needs of employee and provide training to them accordingly. Sun court Ltd provide proper accommodation to old age group of people and offer health care to them. The company have various types of department and every department require skilled and experienced workers (Knowles, Holton III and Swanson, 2014). Some various types of departments which required skills of employees accordingly are as follows:
Finance- It is the important department of every company which require skilled workers in order to maintain proper finance activities. Leaders and managers are responsible to provide proper training to their employees. This department is helpful to take best decision regarding company in order to maintain financial position of it (Armstrong and Taylor, 2014).
Accounting- This department is helpful to maintain proper accounts among company. So that, organization have to recruit employees who have basic accounts knowledge and put it in profitable position. Through members are able to take best decision. This department is able to provide proper account training to their staff members which is useful for them in future time.
Marketing- The training must be provide training in order to build team working and improve their performance as well. Effective marketing process is useful to meet their long term as well as short term goals (Daley, 2012).
2.2 Advantages and disadvantages of training methods.
Every company have to conducting training session for their employees in order to improve their work quality. Through which firms can boost up their confidence. Every firm spent huge amount of fund on training sessions. Also it consume much time as well as money. But is necessary to conducted by every company. The sun court Ltd is operated al very large level which require huge number of employees. So that, they have to spent a lot on these training session. Various types of skills can be improve with the help of these factor. Communication and leadership skills can be able to improve with the help of training session.
Some advantages of training methods are as aligned below:
- With the help of training, employees can able to improve their knowledge and boost up confidence as well.
- Communication and leadership skills can be improve with the help of these factors.
- Through training session workers can reduce their conflicts and easily remove their confusion.
- According to CEO of sun court Ltd, training is the best of proper utilization of money (Meredith Belbin, 2011).
- Organizations can spent more amount which are effectively use with this.
Some disadvantages of training session:
- The training is provided by every company but it require huge amount of money.
- This is not helpful for them to take best decision. Effective decision are taken with the help of this factor (Vörösmarty and et. al, 2010).
- It is a time consuming process which not beneficial for companies.
- Employees spent more time in that process which can bale to drag down the performance of company.
2.3 Systematic approach to plans training and development for training session.
Systematic approaches are helpful to identify their main target of the company and attain in a timely and efficient manner. Sun court Ltd must frame some plans and strategies which are help to them to meet their set of goals and objectives. These approaches are useful for smooth working of company (Huselid and Becker, 2011).
Organization's objectives- Firstly, every company have to set their goals and objectives. Through which they can manage work and perform them accordingly. The aim of Sun court Ltd is opted the functions which are bale minimise the cost or risk and maximise the profit margin. The organization have to provide proper training to their workers in order to meet their target and improve their work quality as well.
Setting up training requirements- Higher authorities are responsible to identify development needs and conduct training session accordingly. With the help of this step companies can be easily meet their target and goals (McKenzie and et. al, 2012).
Designing training strategies- Managers and leaders of sun court Ltd company are responsible to frame plans and strategies in order to provide proper training to them. Through training session companies can remove conflicts and improve it performance as well. In these training session leaders can ask question and try to obtain over quires of their subordinate. So that, query can be resolve by providing best possible solution to them in order to remove confusion.
Implementing the training session- This is the last step which is taken by company at the end. After identify the basic demand and needs of training then organization can conduct this session and try to improve the quality performance of it (Luthans, Avolio and Peterson, 2010).
M2. Select and apply appropriate techniques.:-
At a workplace use the many ways to communicate with others use to voice and non voice communication. This are four types of communication:
Visual Communication, Written Communication, Verbal Communication, Non-Verbal Communication
Verbal communication:- Verbal communication is a component to communicate to others by using sounds, specific languages, and word. Sun court residential limited use verbal communication at their workplace .
Non-Verbal Communication:- This type of method are used to activity of hands, gesture, sense of touch to understand the language of others. This types of communication are used in special cases and for special peoples.
Written communication:- Written communication include specially designed signs, electronic communication like mails chats,documents, and even presentations. It is very conman communication method used by many workplace by whole organisation.
Visual Communication:-Examples of this type of communication include reports, instant messages, physical memos, training materials, and other types of documents etc..this type of communication used in meeting, training, research centres etc..
3.1 Evaluation using suitable techniques.
Evaluation is only help employees to gain knowledge and experience but also provide advantage to identify their weaknesses and strengths which are helpful for in their professional life. Evaluation is the final step of training session. Various types of training methods are used by them in order to improve their performance and enhance their confidence as well. At this learning stage workers can boost up their confidence and improve their knowledge as well. Sun court Ltd can use this types of training evaluation techniques in order to evaluate the training session is effectively and efficiently. Human development is an important factor in every business organization which is helpful to provide proper training to their employees and improve their basic knowledge as well. This can enhance the performance of employees and also able to improve their work quality which help companies to meet their corporate goals and objectives (Reio Jr, 2010).
3.2 Evaluation of training event.
Through evaluation of training event companies can able to take right decision. It is the basic advantage for them with the help of this factor organizations are able to meet their desired goals and objectives. Immediate appropriate action can be taken with the help of training event. Resources are fully utilize with the help of this factor. Training surveys are help them to identify the current development needs employees. Training evaluation is the very effective and useful method in order to improve performance of workers. It can identify actual learning of employees from effective training session (Avey, Reichard, Luthans and Mhatre, 2011).
3.3 The success of the evaluation method.
This assessment approach is useful to identify the accomplishment of event. The method is useful to identify the problem which are arise between actual output and expected output. During the operation employees are able to resolve their problems and reduce conflicts as well.
D1. Refection to evaluate own work.
Every organization have to use suitable techniques which are helpful for them to meet their desired goals and objectives. Training events are able to take right decision in the interest of company as well as employees. Various types of techniques are opted by sun court Ltd which providing proper training and help development programme. Firms are able to take right decision which are helpful for them. They can identify current performance through which weaknesses and strengths are evaluated (World Health Organization, 2011).
D2. Take responsibility for managing organizing activities.
Leaders and managers are responsible to manage overall performance of companies. Members must have effective managing skills through which they can easily attain their target. Different types of activities are conducted by in the firm and all are require skilled and experienced employees. Learning events are provide attractive outcomes which are beneficial for them.
D3. Demonstrate convergent, lateral and creative thinking.
Leaders and managers are use creative ideas in order to provide proper training to their workers. After providing training managers and leaders can receive feedback from their employees. Effective independent research are helpful for them (Bray, Jemal, Grey, Ferlay and Forman, 2012).
4.1 The role of government in training, development and lifelong learning.
Life long learning is play an important role in improvement of skills among employees. Workers can build up their knowledge and improve their skills as well with the help of leaning. It can encourage them to complete task in a timely and efficient manner. Through this work quality of employees must be improve which helpful for them lifelong learning. These learning can improved by daily reading newspapers, regularly attend training session which are conducted by the company. It can provide best possible outcomes to their employees through which performance can be improve and work quality is also improved. Some benefits of lifelong learning are as follows:
- It is a continuous gaining knowledge which is helpful for improve their performance.
- Lifelong learning leads to encourage employees which can enhance their knowledge and boost up their confidence as well (Bray, Grey, Ferlay and Forman, 2012).
- Through this method employees can make new friends and improve their relationship with other (Gruman and Saks, 2011).
- With the help of lifelong learning workers can actively contribute in overall functions of company through which firm can bale to complete their task in a timely and efficient manner.
Role of government in lifelong learnings-
Allocate fund- Government can provide fund in public as well as private sector for development of human resources. Government provide fund for train employees and improve their performance as well. With the help of these funds organizations can easily provide training to their workers in order to improve their work quality.
Promote HRD study- Government can promote HRD study in order to provide proper training and development programme (Hall, Daneke and Lenox, 2010).
Create good working environment- In favourable working environment employees can easily fulfil their task. Government can help in developing the capability of people. With the help of collective efforts employees can able meet corporate goals or objectives.
Frame a HR policy for all- Government frame some human resource policies which are have to be followed by organizations. Greater rang of development of human resource are helpful them. These policies are frame in interest of people as well as company. The rules, regulation and policies which are provided by government of UK are have to be follow by sun court Ltd. It is helpful in development of human resources.
Generating public norms- With the help of this step common can be generate among people. Proper training and development process able to provide with the help of this factor (Wang and Noe, 2010).
4.2 The development of competency which impact on public and private sector.
Competency stands for ability to perform task which is provided to them. This ability can require various types of qualification in order to finish their work. It having impact on both public as well as private sector. With the help this factor employees are able to complete their task in timely manner. Competitive advantage can be attain with the help of this factor. Every company have to maintain competency level of standard in order to attain their set of goals and target (Kraaijenbrink, Spender and Groen, 2010).
4.3 Training initiative introduce by UK government contribute to human resources development for Sun Court Ltd.
The government of UK has various types of initiatives in HRD contest (Elliott, 2012). From above mentioned training initiatives which is introduced by government UK in the interest of people as well as organizations. It is directly contribute in human resource development of son court Ltd. The effective development can be possible with the help of this factor. It is focused on the training and development programme of companies through which knowledge and information can be build. With the help of these training initiatives by the UK government which is directly contribute in the development HRD (Cummings and Worley, 2014). It having a positive impact on the performance on employees and their work quality as well. Sun court Ltd have to follow them in order to improve skills, knowledge and abilities. Through this employees are able to enhance their skills and knowledge. The level of standard of can be improve with the help of this factor. Effective use of training initiatives can able to improve work quality and improve their performance as well. The development of HRD can be possible with the help of these factors. Every have to provide proper training to their employees for improve their performance. With the help of this factor skills and learning are able enhance. Effective training and development methods such as mentoring, coaching special lectures etc (Ployhart and Moliterno, 2011).
M3. Present and communicate appropriate findings
Sun court residential limited findings help to develop communication courses, programmes, practices or policies for their employers. They may inform
- to make decisions fast and easily
- to take actions at time of finding the solution
- give the recommendations for new communication findings.
- The evaluation of all communication programs,courses
Communicating impact:- Sun court residential limited aim to present the evaluation results of communication to see the impact of appropriate son communication findings. Show the findings are trustworthy by describing and and methods are analysed by the employers of sun court residential limited.
Guiding understanding:- Guidelines should be understand to the peoples in communication findings.
Communicating change:- Changes the communication findings based on the research findings. The purpose changes are identified, clear and a commitment to help promote change the commination and encourage the employees.
Goals and objectives of the research:- The goal should be specific and clearly to be communicated to employees. The audiences get the most benefit from the communication findings. Different methods use to communicate by verbal,written, electronic, and graphic mediums.
On the basis of above report it has been concluded that, human resource development play an important role in business organization which improve their performance and work quality as well. Sun court Ltd company is providing accommodation to old age group of people. They have to train their employees in order to fulfil basic needs of their members and provide proper assistance to them. Different types of learning styles are opted by this organization which is helpful to meet their desired goals and target. Also various types of learning styles are opted companies to improve their performance in international market. Some different types of learning styles are helpful in planning and designing the leaning event. Government provide fund to public as well as private sector organizations in order to provide proper training and development of human resources. Training methods are able to enhance confidence among workers and improve their quality work as well. Some disadvantages are also there such as training consume huge time and amount which is nor beneficial for companies. Effective plans and strategies are have to be frame by companies to provide proper training to their workers. Sun court Ltd spent huge amount of fund on training and development programme. Different departments of companies are required skilled and experienced employees which are able to meet corporate goals and target.
Books and Journals
- Armstrong, M. and Taylor, S., 2014. Armstrong's handbook of human resource management practice. Kogan Page Publishers.
- Avey, J.B., Reichard, R.J., Luthans, F. and Mhatre, K.H., 2011. MetaÃ¢â‚¬Âanalysis of the impact of positive psychological capital on employee attitudes, behaviors, and performance. Human resource development quarterly. 22(2). pp.127-152.
- Bray, F., Jemal, A., Grey, N., Ferlay, J. and Forman, D., 2012. Global cancer transitions according to the Human Development Index (2008–2030): a population-based study. The lancet oncology. 13(8). pp.790-801.
- Cummings, T.G. and Worley, C.G., 2014. Organization development and change. Cengage learning.
- Daley, D.M., 2012. Strategic human resource management. Public Personnel Management, pp.120-125.
- Elliott, J., 2012. An introduction to sustainable development. Routledge.
- Gruman, J.A. and Saks, A.M., 2011. Performance management and employee engagement. Human Resource Management Review. 21(2). pp.123-136.
- Hall, J.K., Daneke, G.A. and Lenox, M.J., 2010. Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions. Journal of Business Venturing. 25(5). pp.439-448.
- Huselid, M.A. and Becker, B.E., 2011. Bridging micro and macro domains: Workforce differentiation and strategic human resource management.
- Knowles, M.S., Holton III, E.F. and Swanson, R.A., 2014. The adult learner: The definitive classic in adult education and human resource development. Routledge.
- Kraaijenbrink, J., Spender, J.C. and Groen, A.J., 2010. The resource-based view: a review and assessment of its critiques. Journal of management. 36(1). pp.349-372.
- Luthans, F., Avolio, B.J. and Peterson, S.J., 2010. The development and resulting performance impact of positive psychological capital. Human resource development quarterly. 21(1). pp.41-67.
- McKenzie, L.M., and et. al, 2012. Human health risk assessment of air emissions from development of unconventional natural gas resources. Science of the Total Environment. 424. pp.79-87.
- Meredith Belbin, R., 2011. Management teams: Why they succeed or fail. Human Resource Management International Digest, 19(3).
- Ployhart, R.E. and Moliterno, T.P., 2011. Emergence of the human capital resource: A multilevel model. Academy of Management Review. 36(1). pp.127-150.
- Reio Jr, T.G., 2010. The threat of common method variance bias to theory building. Human Resource Development Review. 9(4). pp.405-411.
- Vörösmarty, C.J., and et. al, 2010. Global threats to human water security and river biodiversity. Nature. 467(7315). pp.555-561.
- Wang, S. and Noe, R.A., 2010. Knowledge sharing: A review and directions for future research. Human Resource Management Review. 20(2). pp.115-131.
- Werner, J.M. and DeSimone, R.L., 2011. Human resource development. Cengage Learning.
- World Health Organization, 2011. World report on disability. World Health Organization.
- What Is Human Resource Development (HRD)?. 2017. Important Organizational Behavior Concepts for a New Manager. [Online]. Available through:<https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-human-resource-development-hrd-1918142>. [Accessed on 4th April 2017].
- Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017. Important Organizational Behavior Concepts for a New Manager. [Online]. Available through:<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Human_Resource_Development>. [Accessed on 4th April 2017].