The following are the questions which the researcher has to deal with:
- What are the various functions and objectives of Human Resource Management with major focus on strengths and weakness while adopting various approaches during selection process?
- Explain various types of HRM practices with their benefits that can lead to expand the profitability and productivity of Hotel & Management.
- Explain the major components related to legislation concerning employment and how the employee relation is crucial in H&M.
P2. Explain the strength and weakness of different approaches of recruitment and selection
Recruitment is a human resource process in which organization work as to find potential candidates to full fill job vacancies. It helps to increase the quantity and quality of applications so it is possible to have improvement in chance of getting fit job. Thus, process of recruitment defined in two categories are:
Internal- It is a process to that helps to find the right candidate among the organization. On the other hand, it is process in which firm looks to fill the job vacancy within its existing workforce. This kind of process can be termed out as internal recruitment.
- Strengths- This type of recruitment results in more quicker results and is also very cost effective.
- Weaknesses- This limit the choices of HR to select from a wide pool of talent. Also, it generally leads to create conflict among the workers.
External- It is term in which business looks outside for any sufficient candidate to full fill the job position. This termed out as external process.
- Strengths- This provides a huge range of choices for the HR's to select the most efficient candidate.
- Weaknesses- This is usually referred to be a longer process with less efficient budget.
P3. Explain the benefits of different HRM practices within an organisation for both the employer and employee
ALDI organisational HRM professionals are furnishing effective services in order to improving the quality of performance in industry. Thus, benefits of differed human resource practices has defined in following manner as are-
Conflict resolution- The human resource manager of Aldi plays crucial role whether between employees, management and employers. They works as to interpret the policies and procedure of the firm. In addition to it, poor attitude, inappropriate language other disrespectful things leads to create conflicts ((Budhwar and Debrah, eds., 2013)). Furthermore, it is responsibility of Human resource manager to disciplinary actions so that conflict situation can be resolved. It is beneficial in terms of maintaining a positive culture at work.
Training and development- To provide help to workers is also one of core responsibility of human resource manager. In addition to it, human resource are capable to provide training opportunities to employees to gain additional experience. Furthermore, it can be said that human resource manager helps the workers to develop the career track so that they can perform effectively in future. This is advantageous in terms of improving the employee's capability.
Employee relation- Human resource managers work as to provide support to employees whose right have been violated. In this, it can be said that employees who faced discrimination and harassments they should contact to the human resource managers to remedy the situation. It is one of effective term as it helps to improvise the employee turnover by providing timely assistance to them.
P4. Description in evaluation of differed HRM practices in relation to raising organisational profit
The efficiency of an association measures how well the business exercises are working, it likewise shows the viability of element. Thus, Practices of human resource managers effects working efficiency of ALDI in following manner as are-
- Talent management- Human resource manager to the firm are responsible to hire potential candidates so that they can bring out maximum to the organisation. In addition to it, they should employ the candidate who helps to create the competitive advantage. Hence, the effective employees can able to contribute maximum to the enterprise.
- Leadership development- It is essential to bring out effective leader. He is the person who is responsible to undertake all activities in one proper direction. The human resource manager of Aldi's are responsible to develop potential among leader so that they can able to perform effectively.
- Employee retention- It is only be possible if HRM of Aldi's is taking initiatives to provide benefits to employees so that they can work effectively. Human resource manager should provide effective training facility so that worker to the firm can perform appropriately. The longer employee retention works as to enhance the brand image of the enterprise.
- Brewster, C. and Hegewisch, A. eds., 2017. Policy and Practice in European Human Resource Management: The Price Waterhouse Cranfield Survey. Taylor & Francis.
- Budhwar, P. S. and Debrah, Y. A. eds., 2013. Human resource management in developing countries. Routledge.