The aim of present assignment is based on requirements that capture functional need for information system in order to know their work process.
- Create a system scope document which include background of business operations and problems faced by them.
- Develop a document of functional requirement and project feasibility.
- Create use of case diagram for system development.
- Provide case description of the report
In this report it is shown that how system is designed and analysed by using feasibility of project management. The project feasibility is been done by taking various elements such as performance, reliability, usability, etc. It will describe whether system implemented is beneficial or not for Holmes school. Also, with the help of case diagram it is shown that how school will solve their business problem by implementing a system. In second sections the two case descriptions are described. At last those two cases are described with help of an activity diagram.
A business needs a system for integration of all activities. A system connects overall department of business through which operations are done. It is very important for business of conduct a system analysis (Singer, Amorós & Arreola, 2015). It is because designing of system depends on nature and size of business. Along with this, system analysis helps in identifying which type of systems are required and how it will work. Also, system designing is useful in determining entire structure of system. System design and structure should be according to business operations. This purpose of this report is to design a system plan for Holmes school. In this it is shown that how school management deals with actors and cases. Moreover, how analysing the feasibility of project, structure and designing of system is done. It will describe how a system is implemented and designed (Chen & Mintz, 2015). The data and information of this report will be collected from primary sources. It will be done by taking interviews, questionnaire, etc.
Holmes school is small, private school in United States. It is offering care services to not only Holmes students but also to outside school students in their area. It is a non profit organization that is working for well being of society. Its current operations are providing services of education as well as heath care for students. The demand for after school care services has significantly increased. It has made it difficult for school to handle and manage applications of people (Clarke, Black, & Nahin, 2015) The main business problem school needs to deal with is meeting the demand of people. Also, the overall process in school was done manually. So it was taking a lot of time to meet demand of people. This problem was reducing their growth. Thus, in order to solve this school needs to develop a system so that overall work can be automated. It will help in fast working of applications. With this the rise in demand can be met easily. If this problem is solved it will easy for company to manage applications. The administration and financial task can be managed easily. The workload can be reduced if system is implemented (Watty, Kavanagh & McKay, 2016). There will be smooth flow of operations in school. If workload is managed care can be provided to more people. The entire area can be covered. For system functional and non functional requirements has to be analysed. This will help in designing of effective system according to need of school.
TASK 2 case diagrams
It is very essential to conduct a system design. It helps in identifying how overall network will work and what role does each system will perform. Besides this, doing project feasibility is helpful in finding out features of system. It will describe strength and weakness of system on basis of several factors. These factors include performance, technical, operational, etc. with this it becomes easy to evaluate overall project feasibility (Charles Schmidheiny & Watts, 2017). It is beneficial in finding out loop wholes and improving them. The functional and non functional requirements of system are not as follows :-
Functional requirements- It describes the components or functions of system that are needed. It includes input and output of system. It describes technical details, data manipulation and processing. Also, it specifies the overall characteristics such as cost, reliability, etc. the requirements for system in Holmes school is as follows :-
- Usability – The system must be flexible enough so that changes can be made accordingly. It will be easy to make effective use of system in different business situations (Sekaran & Bougie, 2016). Also, usability of system refers to how it will be fit according to organisational structure.
- Reliability- The system must be reliable enough so that output generated must be accurate. It should be trusted by management and customers. Moreover, it must produce accurate data that can be used by employee in business to generate reports. System must be consistent in nature so that it do not affect business operations. Consistency depends on how well system is designed and implemented.
- Economic- Components of system must be economic so that it does not exceed the budget of business. It refers to overall cost of implementing a system. The overall project should incur low cost. It must be beneficial for business to implement a system. Besides this, it should not harm the environment in any way (Bini, Dainelli & Giunta, 2016).
- Technical- It states that system must be able to perform all the technical work easily. It is made for that purpose only. It must be based on some applied science or principles. The way it works should be consistent. The processing and input, output of data should be on basis on some techniques.
- Operational- it defines that the operation of system must be easy to manage and handle. It means that system should be easy to operate by employees. This will help in effective working (Eriksson & Kovalainen, 2015). Otherwise, it will lead to ineffective working and thus reducing efficiency if business operations.
- Scheduling- The operations in system should be in proper manner. It means each operation must be performed in step by step manner. This will be useful in effective working of system. The input and output of data entered must occur at particular time. It should be like that output produced is taking lot of time.
Non functional requirements- It is a criteria in which system requirements are specified on basis of operation of system rather than its behaviour. These are also known as quality attributes of system. It includes performance, usability, etc. (Barkemeyer, Holt & Tsang, 2014).
- Legal- It states that components of system must be legal and authorised by government. It should be according to standards set by government. This will help in ensuring that system is authorised by ISO standards. If not then it will lead to working with illegal use of tools and equipments.
- Contractual- All system must be have similar characteristics so that it becomes easy to work on them. It will help in providing same systems so that overall work can be integrated (Singer, Amorós & Arreola, 2015). This will enhance business efficiency as well as employees.
- Political – A system implemented must be according to laws and regulations of country. It should not contain any illegal component that can cause harm to organisation. Furthermore, a proper control measure must be developed to control activities of system. For this policies can be made.
Performance- It is the main functional requirement of system. In this system must perform according to its capability.