An understanding of legal and moral issues associated with the travel and tourism sector.
- Evaluation of legal and regulatory aspects within the travel and tourism sector.
- Explanation of the impact of legislation in health and safety within the travel and tourism sector.
- Evaluation of consumer protection governance within the travel and tourism sector.
It is very important in every country to formulate legal framework for maintaining all the business related to travel and tourism in order to maintain the decorum of overall operation of travel and tourism (Battour , Ismail and Battor ,2010). There are different types of legal laws and ethical legislation made at different sector like sea law, air law and surface law in order to carry out carriage or baggage of passenger within the legal regulatory and judicial framework. Apart from it, different types of approaches and principles has been used for ensuring the safety and security of tourist from terrorist attack and theft so they easily travel at different places of particular country without barrier and hurdles. Under this assignment the UK based tourist consultant is taken which is Heritage Destination Consulting Ltd. Having an experience of 30 years in the field of heritage interpretation and tourism destination development and regulate different activities for the growth of this sector. Further it discusses about legal and regulatory framework of travel tourism, prevalent legislation and safety standards and discuss about the laws related to costumer satisfactions.
1.1 Describe the legal and regulatory framework in travel and tourism industry
The tourism industry is regulated properly only when there are some certified laws and regulation which must be followed in travel industry so they enhance their growth and profitability (Chuang and et. al. ,2014). Apart from it, there are different types of parties like customers, supplier and contractors in tourism industry who are communicating with each other so it orders to maintain regulation between them role of legislation is very essential. If we take an example of retail store which provide different patterns of clothes to their customers falls under legal and regulatory framework of legislation that related to different elements like quality, price, infrastructure and staff service to customers. In present scenario travel and tourism sector grow at very fast speed and following are the tourism legislation related to it specially in country of England and Wales are described below: -
- Tourism Act, 1969: - This act discusses about all the tourism industry and their cooperation and coordination specified by British tourist authority.
- Transport Act, 1980 & 1985: - This Act discuss about all the control and regulation regarding national and private bus transport companies along with their routes.
- Package travel and tour regulation, 1992: - This act state about all the regulations related to delivery responsibilities of all tour operators to their customers.
Therefore, it is important for Heritage destination consultancy Ltd. To consider all the above laws and regulation in order to maintain the sustainability and enhance in this sector. The main objective behind it is to promote proper standard procedures that define the right and responsibilities of parties involved under it related to tourism industry and further these law affected by health and safety executive, international air transport association.
Types of legal structure
- High court: This deals with high value and more important cases and enjoy a supervisory over all subordinate courts and tribunals.
- Supreme court: This is known the supreme body in all matters in English. Whenever issue arise or take place between the parties involve in operations of travel and tour activities then they can go to supreme court in order to get solution of their problems.
- Constitutional court: A constitutional court is the one that deals mainly with constitutional law. Main authority of this is to rule whether laws are challenged or whether they conflict with constitutionally established rights, rules and freedom among various things.
Roles of the parties involve are as follows:
- Solicitors: This is known as the individual who deals with various legal matters in some jurisdictions. It is very essential that individual should defined qualifications. One of the main feature of this is that it helps individuals to get solution of their legal problems.
- Barristers: This is a type of lawyer, in common law jurisdictions. Main tasks of these is to take case of individuals in superior courts and tribunals so they can get a solution of their legal issue.
For deal with legal problems and to get a solution of legal issue, various steps are there that should be follow by the individual. For this various individuals are there such as arbitrator, solicitors and barristers, help of these individuals can be taken by client to get a solution of their legal problem.
English law is known as the common legal system of England and Wales that comprise civil law and criminal law.
Appeal from the crown court: Majority of appeals against Crown Court decisions are heard by the Criminal Division of the Court of Appeal. Crown court is the one that deals with criminal cases such as murder and robbery. In addition to this, it also deals with appeal against a magistrate’s court and the cases passed from a magistrate court. Crown court normally has a jury which determine that individual is guilty or not and has a judge who decide what punishment should be given to an individual. Magistrates court are the one that handle the cases known as summary offences. In addition to this, it also deals with serious offences such as drug offences and burglary, if such kind of incident take place in travel and tourism sector then an individual can go to these courts for get the solution or justice.
Appeal in high court of Justice: The high court of Justice is together with the Court of Appeal and the Crown court is one of the senior court of England. High Court is the one that deal with cases of high value and having high importance. It enjoys a supervisory jurisdiction over all subordinate tribunals and courts. The Queen’s Bench Division, The Chancery Division and the Family Division are the three division of high court. To deal with a conflict, parties involve in operations of travel and tourism sector can go to this.
Supreme court Criminal: Final court of appeal play a significant role in development of law. Supreme court is the final court of appeal for all civil and criminal cases in England and Wales. It hears appeals of general public on arguable points and concentrate on cases having constitutional significance or of greatest public. Supreme court is the one that develop the role of highest court in UK as a leader in common law world. Criminal case include when a person accused of crime is charged in a formal accusation known as indictment. When courts ascertain that an individual has committed a crime then that person receive a sentence that may be an imprisonment, monetary penalty or can be supervision in the community. An individual involves in the operations of travel can appeal in Supreme court if something happens with him.