- To develop understanding for partnership philosophies and relationships in health and social care
- To promote positive partnership working with various users of the services
- Evaluation of outcomes of partnership working
Working in partnership in health and social care is one of the common measure through which social work can be done in most effective manner. Apart from it, partnership can be described as process under two or more than two partners coming in business with their own capital and sharing both profit and loss which prescribed in contract known as partnership deed. Robert Francis is British barrister which specialist in medical law that involving the treatment of mental health and other different medical issues (Allen ,2013). Under this assignment the case study which is given related to Mid Staffordshire NHS foundation trust. Further, this foundation has been lack in their leadership and management skills because of which the staff members are not able to serve their services to their patients. Therefore, it is important for organisation to organise training development programmes so they improve the performance of leaders and workforce. Further, there are some potential hurdles and outcomes of partnership which are working for users of companies and services. Their is need for organisation to formulate strategies for proper working.
1.1 Philosophy of working in partnership in health and social care
Their are different types of philosophy which has been used in the field of health and social care which can be done through partnership. The term partnership is exist only when two or more person come in business having their capital and profit sharing ratio. If there is systematic philosophies in business then this will help health social care industries to improve the service which is given to patients and efforts must be given on hiring of professional and experts staff members who set their standards for accomplishing their daily duties.
Related Sample: Health and Safety Services at the Workplace
This type of organisation help the patients who suffer from dangerous diseases or any health issue of company. But NHS foundation from the research report has been evaluate that they are unable to give good service to their patients and they were lack of care, compassion, humanity and leadership because patient feel helpless when go to bathroom no staff came for help (Argent ,2017). Apart from it there is also ineffective communication between social workers and professional members because of their ego patients were suffered, they don't get food on time and medicine were prescribed but not given so in other to maintain the bad condition of NHS and regulate the compliance, administration of organisation following philosophies must be used by NHS described below:-
- Empowerment:- It is very important to have empowerment in health social care in which they authorised staff members and care taker which give full freedom to workforce to choose their work according to their specialisation. For example patient will choose the time in which they want food that ensure systematic service in NHS.
- Respect:- It is important in health social care department to have proper respect of both patients and staff members which ensure professionalism in the behaviour of staff at the time of giving service and positive attitude of patient also.
- Making informed choices:- This is consider as one of the important mechanism which is used at the time of running health care centre. Taking informed decisions is very vital for both patient and staff members. The main advantage that taken from this principle related to decision how a individual communicate with their patient that lead effective working and less errors confusion.
- Independence:- It is very important to give freedom and independence to both patients and staff members. Freedom with patient feel them positive and reduce their tension and if employee get that freedom they also serve their service independently.
1.2 Partnership relationships with in health and social care services
The main advantage that can be get from this sector is beneficial for staff point of view because they get an opportunity to perform multiple work at one organisation only (Coleman and et. al. ,2011). In order to properly determine the relationship of partnership it is very important to concentrate on current work except work positions and personality. Apart from it, there are some points which help in making health and social care service better:-
- They must use their expertise and talent expect titles and functions.
- Provide them professional training of medical that help in guiding them about how to use equipment effectively that relief patients.
- Leaders must focus on creating the environment of harmony and cohesiveness that lead to team work among staff members which help in accomplishing the daily targets of company.
Under partnership different models has been used in order to examine the relationship among various individuals who indulge in partnership. In partnership all the terms conditions are prescribed in partnership deed and involve the interference of government. The health and social care partnership get many exemption from government because of their objectives and mission. This model involves all the points related to management of funds and proper control of government but this model is not working effectively because the person which are recruited and appoints are not professionally trained and qualified. Apart from it, managers who have working here are not getting the knowledge about the management styles they wants to be used in order to manage the partnership in health and social care. Further, Mid Staffordshire NHS foundation management is very weak because government not motivated efforts of staff members for their efficient and good work. Basically under partnership work is subdivided among partners according to their interest area but in case of NHS government inference on every matter because of which internal members does not give their suggestions for further improvement of business. The main responsibility of government in health social care is to conduct the audit programmes to know actual financial position of company. However this measure is effective because of ensuring direct connection between health care and government. But their some problems and issues at the time of working in partnershi