Singapore Airlines jet plunges 4,000m after losing power in both engines. A Singapore Airlines Airbus with approx 182 travellers and around 12 crew on board. In this flight en route to shanghai, they lost the power of both of the engines and then flight falling 3,962m means around 1300 ft. When the flight is en route to shanghai and suddenly falling at 10:56 pm. The company airline declares on Wednesday that does an investigation into this accident to identify the issues that what are problems are what is the reason behind this failure so next time they will become more aware. It has been said by the pilot that when both of the engines experienced a failure or lost power on that moment the pilot of the flight follows the operational program.
- What is the major reason behind the failure of Singapore Airlines jet plunges?
- What are the measures taken by the company after the accident?
- What are the recommendations?
What is the reason behind this failure:
When this accident happened then the company announces that there will investigation on this accident and then two Rolls- Royce engines were completely investigated and tested by them but there was no abnormality has been sensed but they said that they are doing an investigation to find out the issue that why it happened. So there are mainly a few reasons that would have caused the deadly incident. In some post or news, it has been said that when the plane lost their power during the travel timing. This incident happened when the flight is spotted a domain in the south china sea off China southern coast where this accident happened because of a huge storm in that route so it is assumed by the investigator that because of weather issues and some storm, the plan engines stop doing functioning and lost their power of both engines. There was also some reason was assumed by the investigators that engines failure happens when there were some mechanical problems in the engine, like damage some areas or part of the turbine or some oil leaks. There were so many reasons also assumed by them that damage of the outside part or portion of the engine like fuel pump issues or some fuel contamination. This accident or failure of the engine also can affect by some external factors like some volcanic ash, bird strikes or some weather situations or conditions. This accident was occurred due to some problems in weather condition like a huge storm.
(Illustration 1: Singapore Airlines Refund Policy, Miles and Status Extension, 2020)
The measures that is acquire by the company after accident:
There are some measures that is acquiring by the company after the accident. The first thing is when this incident were happened then the company took some action for passengers , crew and for pilot after that they identify the reason so that these things can create affect again on their company and on their passengers and employees. There are some measures that is took by the company in regards of improving and identifying the problems:
Modification in use of Equipment: This accident and the defects in the plane is caused by designing flaw, manufacturer flaw, and some more. The company firstly identify the reason that is there any equipment failure or is it related to some other problem. Then the company give modification and more better quality to their equipments so next time they can not face any problems like this.
(Illustration 2: The crash of Singapore Airlines Flight 006, 2019)
Identify Human Error and provide training: After accident the company give responsibility to mechanics and ground crew, to flight attendants and some air traffic controller. These are very professional and play very important role in the company. The company took some more efforts to take appropriate actions , the company gives training to each person and after that they took test of given training and the attention and the commands that was provided before the plane took off and communications testing all these test was held by the company to check that is there any contribution of humans error.
For effective use of equipments to forecast the weather: The company took effective equipments to forecast the weather because they do not want to repeat this incident and harm anyone. So the company adapt more new and advanced technologies to forecast the weather and maintain that contingency. The company adapt most and much up to date and advanced technology that help the company to control air traffic that observe airliners.
- As per the case study it has been advised to the company, that the Airlines company should use much and more effective operational program or Airport operations like landside operations, information management, Terminal management.
- The company have to use a proper equipments and tools to forecast the weather so that they can improve and develop the company more and they can make themselves more capable to minimise theses accidents and problems.
- The company also advised that in the company they have to give and cater much appropriate training and development to their management team so that they can work effectively.
- The company took some test and always checking their employees and management performance so that they can identify the issues and efforts of the employees.
- It is also advised that the company should maintain a clear communication with anyone because a bad communication create a huge mess and problem specially during air traffic. So for controlling and maintaining the air control system it is very mandatory for the company to maintain clear communication that happen before air traffic control.
You may also like: Online Thesis Writing Help
It is also advised that the company should adapt some more new technologies so that will help them to run and direct much smoothly. The company are required to adapt and to have collision- avoidance systems, that help the company to identify and detect some potential collisions with some further different transponder equipped aircraft and recommanded to the pilots to rise or dive in consequence because these are very important for the company to take care because when theses functions or activities are neglected then there will become more chances of accidents. So its required for the company to maintain these devices.
You may also like to read: