Change is the new normal to which every company is adopting it with the dynamic nature of society. The present report is based on the case study of Lemchester News which is daily newspaper, published five days per week. It covers the following-
- What is the change and how change management is adopted?
- What is Kotter’s eight-point plan?
- What is the consequence of adopting the Kotters plan at the beginning of change process.?
1. Kotter's 8 point plan that leads to successful change in Lemchester News
Change is fatal and people take it in various ways. Dynamics of workplace should be understood that means the approach taken by copywriters of Lemchester News should be in an introducing and must be tailored way. Organisation can overcome the changes in variety of ways. It can do change management at initial step (Allen, 2018). At the time of change reaction is normal human behaviour and fine change management can justify this resistance. It is an important tool for engaging and activating copywriters in the organisation. It is a true concept in rapid business world. New trends and opportunities are open for success though circumstances can be surviving and frightening. Change can be more flexible or open. It is one of the natural flows of life that often occurs in any company. Management should search for internal strength within resistance. Resistance can be eliminated in many ways:
- Team members should be assigned proper roles and responsibilities so that profits of the firm can be maximized. It should be properly structured in such a way that their skills are used in the best possible manner for team and personal development.
- Targets should be challenge able, achievable and all employees should take interest in the goals of the team. Proper guidance should be provided about targets and goals. Objectives of Lemchester should be seen in a progressive manner and attained with beliefs and values.
- Disputes should be resolved effectively and quickly. Seven method of care-fronting method must be used to formulate and communicate loopholes. Honesty of copywriters should be encouraged and their openness should be empowered for mutual respect and trust. Environment should be engendered by the management.
- Copywriters are not agreed with the decision of management so proper communication should be done with them (Ceptureanu, 2015). When workers see more change in the leader's behaviour they quickly come onto track with new behaviour and represent themselves as changed advocates.
- Managers and leaders should be energised and engage their employees. Stories should be shared so that change can be persuaded to focus on the positive change.
- Innovation should be empowered and opportunities should be given so that employees become more creative in their work and discover solution of their problems easily. This would make them a component of change process and they would get adapted to this type of environment.
- Change is constant in professional as well as personal lives. In any organisation, a positive leader with honest thinking and creativity.
- Change management should be considered as a career defining soft skill.
Contact us for assignment help
Thus, an organisation should facilitate participation and involvement of employees in the change process. There should be collaborative environment developed by implementing the change in consultation with staff (De Vries and Haverkamp, 2015). Constructive strategy is much more beneficial in reducing the resistance to change by seeking the participation of all workers and including them in who;e process. Copywriters of Lemchester News look for any emotional support and facilitation. They are able to cope up with challenges which result in change in the organisation. Change can be measured through Kotter's 8-Step Model:
Take help from this sample: Operational Requirements of The Hospitality Business
1. Establishing a Sense of Urgency
Potential repercussions and threats should be highlighted and identified so that they might get crop up in the future. To gain attention of critical stakeholders, leaders should take actions quickly. Prompt changes should be taken with the present condition so that a sense of urgency can be developed easily. Opportunities should be trapped easily. Then they should be evaluated by effective participation of employees (Hall, 2018). Existing issues of organisation should be properly discussed and honest dialogues must be initiated from each and every department. Every comment should be provided with suitable reasons. On the issue of change, there should be active participation of customers, stakeholders and other industry people so that they should know all goals and objectives properly. Through change, management can obtain needful assistance from team members and facilitate smoother implementation. Successful outcomes can be brought through large scale