Unit 16 Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information
- Course Code: MCKI
- Course Title: Unit 16 Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information
- University: London School
- Country: UK
The promotional plan, designed to increase brand recognition, has involved extensive sponsorship of some of the most prestigious sporting events broadcast across the globe. For instance London 2012 Olympics and London based premier league team were selected as platforms from which the Samsung brand name is sported. An extensive mobile phone advertising campaign on the internet and terrestrial TV, in the specialist press was reinforced by an outdoor campaign in the last two and half decades involving adverts on the sides of black cab, TFL buses, underground stations and bill boards on strategic locations across the country.
As mobile phones are usually bought through specialist retailers or through phone service providers. Samsung has made it a priority to establish a solid distribution base by forming strategic trade partnerships with the core retailers and mobile phone retailers. The strategy involves extending these networks and searching for every opportunity to make the products available to the consumer, including worldwide web. Point of sale materials and brochures have been produced for impressive in-store displays and professional training sessions guarantee that retail staff have a thorough knowledge of the products.
By exploiting its global qualities and substantial market knowledge, Samsung has developed distinct marketing strategies to launch high-tech products in the UK market. Through successful, diverse approaches to individual markets it has maintained its corporate philosophy - to devote its human resources and technology to the development of a global society through ever better products and services. Samsung corporate concept is anchored on effective communication to the stakeholders.
- Discuss different decisions to be taken by the Samsung senior management team for this audacious plan to manifest
- Examine information and knowledge required to ensure that effective decision taking is possible across board in Samsung UK.
- Assess internal and external sources of information and understanding available in Samsung UK for decision making.
- Justify your recommendations for improvement to the Samsung UK management team.